Notices
DynoFlash [Visit Site]

Biggest event ever - 9/11/04 STI & WRX vs. EVO - the Ultimate Showdown - Englishtown!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2004, 05:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
maybe you should change your name then
Originally Posted by evokiller
umm...because i don't have a shop-sponsored car.

i have probably spent 1/5th of the cost that they have put into their Evo8s. hehehe...maybe even less. why don't you give me $15K and i'll go ahead and do that?
Old Oct 20, 2004, 12:53 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hmmm....what does my username have anything to do with you racing ESX or me racing AMS?

if you've run out of points in your argument, just let me know.
Old Oct 20, 2004, 01:08 PM
Evolved Member

What do your posts have to do with "9/11/04 STI & WRX vs. EVO - the Ultimate Showdown - Englishtown"?

Oh, yeah, absolutely nothing and you're just trolling.

You can leave now.
Old Oct 21, 2004, 01:32 PM
Account Disabled

Someone post that Special Olympics pic now

there have been fast WRX's and fast Evo's for a long long time now. Speaking from personal experience on both cars, it is far easier and cheaper to build an Evo to run 11's than a Subaru....and the Evo will generally win on the reliability side as well.

As for the ESX WRX vs whomever's Evo, I think the races in the future will show they are alot closer matched than people realize here.

The arguing back and forth about "I built my car for $XX money and it ran .00034 seconds slower than this person's car is pretty useless IMHO. I mean my mom's V6 Accord runs around 5.5 seconds slower in the 1/4 mile than this event's winner. That's like now...........to now!

Both cars are what they are - tremendous bangs for the buck with a ton of potential in the aftermarket. The Evo can be built far cheaper than the WRX or STi can.....it's been proven time and time again. Citing the 'weaknesses" that the Sti has in it's stock form are not the way to advance your cause - you know the car's limitations (or think you do) - now it's up to the owners to find their own path around those limitations, or do a better job exploiting the car's positive attributes

Last edited by Z1 Performance; Oct 21, 2004 at 01:40 PM.
Old Oct 21, 2004, 02:23 PM
Evolving Member

hmm....and to think i bought my UTEC from Adam at Z1.

my previous post was deleted by Speedlimit, as it was inciting a riot. too bad other people are allowed to deviate the thread topic, but i'm not.
Old Oct 21, 2004, 02:29 PM
Account Disabled

I'm not playing any favorites mind you...just calling it as I see it. I've been involved with both Evo's and WRX's long before either were on our shores, so I have a good grasp on what it takes to build each one properly and the budget's involved.

In terms of the STi/WRX, I hope you did not take my comments as putting them down - quite the contrary. They are awesome platforms and have a ton of aftermarket potential. Like any car out there, they have their shortfalls. It's up to enthusiasts and tuners alike to find those and overcome them. Where no solution is offered, there are often ways to exploit another area of the car to the point where the shortfall is much less pronounced.
Old Oct 21, 2004, 03:44 PM
Admin Emeritus

Received 100 Likes on 69 Posts
Originally Posted by evokiller
hmm....and to think i bought my UTEC from Adam at Z1.

my previous post was deleted by Speedlimit, as it was inciting a riot. too bad other people are allowed to deviate the thread topic, but i'm not.
You keep repeating the same argument and I ask you to keep the post on topic and about he E-town event and we did get reported post. It is not necessary for you to defend the WRX/STI flag everytime someone uses the "s" word. (slowbaru).
Drop your "unfair" concerns in the suggestion box and stay out of this thread. PM if you have any questions. Thanks.

Speedlimit..