Notices
ECU Flash

ECUFlash and TURBO Lancer

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2006, 08:10 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Understand its just a matter of time.. Unfortunately the Evo has gotten alot more attention, and although the ECU is similar, its not similar enough to extract useful data.

The cable can extract your roms, therefore its 100% possible to extract the mapping data, only the resources committed to it are limited. I made a quick attempt and had very little success, and Jason is pretty busy...

This doesn't mean it was a waste of money, or it will never happen, only this technology is so new and pretty much changes the entire way many of us can look at the Mitsubishi ECU for most of their cars...

The best people to contact are those already doing reflashes for the lancer.. I realize in some cases there are some tuner egos involved and they may not want to share this information thinking it will hurt them, but if its already being done, they would be the ones with the info you need..

It will happen, it just takes time, understandably a commodity most people are unwilling to use..
Old Jul 24, 2006, 08:12 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Dave @ Buschur sent me a PM a couple of months ago telling me that he was in the process of making a flash for the Lancer. I should follow up on that.
Old Jul 24, 2006, 08:17 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Z_Lancer_Man
Dave @ Buschur sent me a PM a couple of months ago telling me that he was in the process of making a flash for the Lancer. I should follow up on that.
Thats actually a good idea.. Contacting Dave is a good idea and he's willing to share info if he has anything that is useful. The good news is the work would likely be done with the ECUFlash platform as there are very few alternatives.