Notices
ECU Flash

how to tune for VTA BOV with ecuflash

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2007, 08:45 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ok back to the question for those of us who do have the right shiznit, I have the GEN2 Trans and have it tuned "ok" right now. But the Auto AF correction is on. So I was talking with another member on here who has a VTA setup and ECUflash just like me. He had a dyno/tune session done last weekend and he said the tuner turned the auto AF off and used a mix of ECUflash/MAFTPro settings to get the car tuned.
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=299966

So here is my questions, why turn auto AF off? What settings should be made in the TRANS and what settings should be made on the ROM?

(No I am not asking for settings like numbers I know every car is different I am asking what areas should I let the TRANS control and what areas should I let the ECU control?)
Old Oct 10, 2007, 07:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm not reading all the responses because I anticipate all the crazy responses (which I probably agree with). So to answer your question the best that I can without giving you my 2 cents:

ULTRA lean out the high RPM-low load cells. Start out with 17 in cells from 0 to 40 load and 4000 to 6500 RPM. Taper the cells around that block back to their normal values. This will help when blowing off, but won't solve it as I'm sure many others have said on here. Let me know if I need to be more explicit. You'll have to PM me, I won't check this thread again.