Notices
ECU Flash

Is there a way to change maps W/O laptop

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2008, 11:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is there a way to change maps W/O laptop

As the title suggest I am wondering if there is any way to change maps without a laptop and ECU flash. My thoughts are this, I have an E85 station right by my work, but it is the only one in the area. So basically is there anyway to change maps with a PDA or something else. I was also wondering since we have 3 ignition/fuel maps, from what I understand is the first is a warm-up map, 2nd low octane, 3rd high octane would it be possible that if you had to fill up with 91 it would sense it and use the low octane map?

Flame suit on, flame retardent armed, just in case of the notorious evoM flamers
Old Feb 7, 2008, 11:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
You can set up map switching using the method Tephra has put together, but it requires initial tuning to be done via ECUFlash. Or, you could get an Access Port. Or, you could go stand alone ...

Those are basically your options.
Old Feb 7, 2008, 11:46 AM
Evolved Member

Cobb AccessPort
Old Feb 7, 2008, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by TouringBubble
You can set up map switching using the method Tephra has put together, but it requires initial tuning to be done via ECUFlash. Or, you could get an Access Port. Or, you could go stand alone ...

Those are basically your options.

Wow, thanks I subscribed to the thread and it looks like having a flexfuel evo is def possible.
Thanks again

Heres the thread

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...+map+switching
Old Feb 7, 2008, 01:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There was an Xede solution for this developed, although the info is a bit old.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=220150

Used Xedes are _cheap_.

d
Old Feb 7, 2008, 09:39 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 128 Likes on 96 Posts
Cobb AP will do it, but you have to buy the AP, and the switching is done with the AP. Also, once you begin using the AP, none of the patches available for ECUFlash users can be used.

If you wait a bit, tephra will be releasing a patch that has manual map switching with a toggle switch, and if you wait a little longer and are willing to buy an ethanol content sensor and signal converter, automatic map switching will be available.
Old Feb 8, 2008, 07:16 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by FlintownKilla
As the title suggest I am wondering if there is any way to change maps without a laptop and ECU flash. My thoughts are this, I have an E85 station right by my work, but it is the only one in the area. So basically is there anyway to change maps with a PDA or something else. I was also wondering since we have 3 ignition/fuel maps, from what I understand is the first is a warm-up map, 2nd low octane, 3rd high octane would it be possible that if you had to fill up with 91 it would sense it and use the low octane map?

Flame suit on, flame retardent armed, just in case of the notorious evoM flamers
Hey man, where's that E-85 station at?I didn't think that there were any around here.