General non-information about factory ALS

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2012, 06:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by 211ratsbud
Thats what were working on.. lol

I even sold my M800 MoTec hoping for an ALS capable oem by next season
I wonder if Claude got what it takes to help us?
As a newbie to this thread, I really appreciate the fact that you started it. Unfortunately, many deem ALS as unimportant & developers seem to focus mainly on street cars!
Old Jan 21, 2012, 07:56 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 41 Likes on 40 Posts
Originally Posted by foxbat
I even sold my M800 MoTec hoping for an ALS capable oem by next season
I wonder if Claude got what it takes to help us?
As a newbie to this thread, I really appreciate the fact that you started it. Unfortunately, many deem ALS as unimportant & developers seem to focus mainly on street cars!

Reread some of his posts. He has done a great detail of what's involved and tbe actual effects. I will do my best to complete some form of als and detail the steps. Im still sourcing non usdm parts. I will surely be modifying something to tweak the results ..
Old Jan 21, 2012, 08:00 PM
Evolved Member

I have access to a large used JDM parts market, let me know if I can help in any way
Old Jan 21, 2012, 08:04 PM
EvoM Guru

A complete sas exhaust manifold piping canister valve and solenoid would be a good start. I want to ditch my homebrew until i see the shortcomings of oem and modded oem. Lmk evo ix parts.
Old Jan 21, 2012, 08:10 PM
EvoM Guru

I think to improve the factory ability we need the sas valve instant open and lose diverting valve. Also make overrrun timing map separate from normal timing map. Just a couple thoughts ..
Old Jan 22, 2012, 02:37 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
evo stock ecu unable for real ALS.. we dont have ignition retard table with TPS/RPM axis, and can't do ignition cut.
with SAS control option in the rom able to inject fuel and open the sas valve to enter air in the exhaust manifold, but that is not enough ! You will get loud pops and bangs when retard the timing map vacum part but that is all !

If the SAS or throttle kicker able to build any positve pressure or near to 0 bar you can not set negative timing.. because you have to enter it in the main timing map cruesing or part throttle part area !

For ALS need :

Igniton retard, Ignition cut, and Fuel map with TPS/RPM axis, open a bit the TB ~ 19% and useing the idle stepper motor for more air after throttle lift .
Old Jan 22, 2012, 02:47 AM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
'Spec c vent holes' is that the same as a 'TGV delete'? http://www.grimmspeed.com/catalog/im...tock_600_1.jpg
Because I have that on the STi I worked on, but I'm not sure how to disable the diverter!?
As an autocross racer, I'm desperate to operate proper ALS on a stock ECU, I'd appreciate any help with that laying out all the steps required with a list of hardware needed & software setup.
tgv delete is totally diffrent thing, but should be done also, what i say you can see here:http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...454965&page=11 instead of the bot i use a pop rivet...
ps. i would have kept the m800...
to disable diverter you can do 3 things: block the outlet hose, remove vac line and plug it, or as Gergo said open throttle til you have no more vac in manifold(18-20%)-this requires ign cut,and fuel cut on cyclic...

Last edited by claudiumxg; Jan 22, 2012 at 02:51 AM.
Old Jan 22, 2012, 03:17 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by VGergo
evo stock ecu unable for real ALS.. we dont have ignition retard table with TPS/RPM axis, and can't do ignition cut.
with SAS control option in the rom able to inject fuel and open the sas valve to enter air in the exhaust manifold, but that is not enough ! You will get loud pops and bangs when retard the timing map vacum part but that is all !

If the SAS or throttle kicker able to build any positve pressure or near to 0 bar you can not set negative timing.. because you have to enter it in the main timing map cruesing or part throttle part area !

For ALS need :

Igniton retard, Ignition cut, and Fuel map with TPS/RPM axis, open a bit the TB ~ 19% and useing the idle stepper motor for more air after throttle lift .
You're absolutely right, that's why we would need a software developer on our side. But again, Group_n, Group_a cars (Evo5/6/7) had both SAS & proper ALS, so what type of rom/software did they use? How did they do it??!
Old Jan 22, 2012, 03:24 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 211ratsbud
A complete sas exhaust manifold piping canister valve and solenoid would be a good start. I want to ditch my homebrew until i see the shortcomings of oem and modded oem. Lmk evo ix parts.

I found this one
Attached Thumbnails General non-information about factory ALS-dsc_0055.jpg  
Old Jan 22, 2012, 03:27 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by claudiumxg
tgv delete is totally diffrent thing, but should be done also, what i say you can see here:http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...454965&page=11 instead of the bot i use a pop rivet...
ps. i would have kept the m800...
to disable diverter you can do 3 things: block the outlet hose, remove vac line and plug it, or as Gergo said open throttle til you have no more vac in manifold(18-20%)-this requires ign cut,and fuel cut on cyclic...
M800 is a good ecu, but I had it with Motec & their poor product support, I might consider something with knock control like AEM.
Old Jan 22, 2012, 04:55 PM
EvoM Guru

If the sas equipment is from a 9 then i will take it. Thar did not look like a 9... id like to get exhaust manifold piping and valve for sure. I bet we can make good boost no prob. JohnBradley did its possible.

However if we can get 1 timing map from any where to use in the rom, such as EGR timing map, or alt map, or launch map, strictly to switch to when tps is less than an adjustable percentage it would be a huge start to making this evo ecu a little more capable. granted we cant do true idle antilag cyclic etc blah, we or atleast I am not asking for that. Im interested in the ability to hold boost on overrun, for an amount of time which would come from the 8858 sas capable rom. We would be able to use ADC0F switching to switch to alt maps and get fuel and timing too. The possibility is there. We just have to chose a channel to output a set voltage, and when its triggered by overrun condition, or maybe in the 8858 rom it can be switched to the overrun timing map when it goes to sas mode. Somone has to be able to accomplish this. And Im still making it stand that if JB can do it with a USDM rom and use the bcs map to activate, then it would be worth looking into this with a rom that has the adjustability we could actually use!

ecu gods, is any of this other than impossible?

I think I just have to achieve a voltage output from the ecu that dictates when tps is below a certain % that a certain voltage is applied, if I put enough thought into this im sure I could hack it? Then it would switch to alt maps or now "overrun maps" and such.

Last edited by 211Ratsbud; Jan 22, 2012 at 05:53 PM.
Old Jan 22, 2012, 05:52 PM
Evolved Member

This one is from a 5, but I'm positive that 4-9 have the same SAS, the only difference I found is between JDM & EDM Evos, JDMs have larger diameter bango bolts.
Old Jan 22, 2012, 05:54 PM
EvoM Guru

This one is from a 5, but I'm positive that 4-9 have the same SAS, the only difference I found is between JDM & EDM Evos, JDMs have larger diameter bango bolts.
That is not the case the evos with mivec have a specifically different routing to avoid the cam sensors. I would love to have come across a set from a 9... if you can.. or a set atleast from a car with mivec.
Further adding to my thoughts above, i bet we could use the brake booster line to achieve throttle bypass, which would be the easier route than using SAS, and would be highly effective with the overrun timing map implimented.

Last edited by 211Ratsbud; Jan 22, 2012 at 05:59 PM.
Old Jan 22, 2012, 06:29 PM
Evolved Member

Are you sure about the mivec difference? I just browsed several pics for comparison & they all look identical, mivec & non-mivec with sas piping passing top of the cam sensor at the corner.
Old Jan 22, 2012, 06:34 PM
EvoM Guru

I have seen the difference noted in several threads on here about SAS hardware from people that have imported them. I could make it work without a doubt, but i was looking for a proper fit. The braket that mounts the SAS valve is slightly different. Again, nothing huge that couldnt be tinkered with. However I would feel much better about having the proper gear model type parts, for fitments sake

I have a wanted add up on MLR too...

Last edited by 211Ratsbud; Jan 22, 2012 at 06:36 PM.

Quick Reply: General non-information about factory ALS