Notices
ECU Flash

General non-information about factory ALS

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2020, 04:14 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 355 Likes on 240 Posts
IIRC John Reed made a few posts of a 15 min rally using anti lag and the turbosmart valve where they basically let the turbo ride the rpm limit and hold xx psi the entire time. Motec M series with his package.

If you can dream it, John can make it happen. Motec does what you tell it everytime.

John is one of the guys behind ER going 7's a few years ago by adjusting the Launch strategy that Lucas wanted. He is also extremely helpful for a number of people in the Motorsports community.
Old Feb 28, 2020, 09:04 AM

Received 44 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by 211ratsbud
Any one with further development hardware or tuning ?

Recently the release of the turbo smart valve seems pretty validating my usage of a wastegate was sufficient..
i use throttle kicker or electronic throttle body for software antilag. Or stock als valve and enlarged pipes in the manifold for hardware antilag

very light antilag with -5* retard
Old Feb 29, 2020, 07:25 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 41 Likes on 40 Posts
Originally Posted by Abacus
IIRC John Reed made a few posts of a 15 min rally using anti lag and the turbosmart valve where they basically let the turbo ride the rpm limit and hold xx psi the entire time. Motec M series with his package.

If you can dream it, John can make it happen. Motec does what you tell it everytime.

John is one of the guys behind ER going 7's a few years ago by adjusting the Launch strategy that Lucas wanted. He is also extremely helpful for a number of people in the Motorsports community.
@Abacus link to vids?
Old Mar 1, 2020, 07:36 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 355 Likes on 240 Posts
Originally Posted by 211ratsbud
@Abacus link to vids?
No, It was a facebook post last year or so with a screen shot of a datalog . You could see the boose being nearly flat the entire time.
Old Mar 1, 2020, 09:46 AM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by Abacus
No, It was a facebook post last year or so with a screen shot of a datalog . You could see the boose being nearly flat the entire time.
copy that. I still have stuff going on here with my old car except has a 3582 1.01 ts and 2.4 LR now. I'm on vipec which JRR used to sell but does not anymore 🤪
Old Mar 2, 2020, 10:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by pisyakot
i use throttle kicker or electronic throttle body for software antilag. Or stock als valve and enlarged pipes in the manifold for hardware antilag

very light antilag with -5* retard
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJHF9GNSjew
I see positive boost! Is this a stock ECU? Very impressive, care to share how you've done that?
Old Mar 2, 2020, 11:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Hey Ratsbud, it's nice that you have revived this thread. It actually occurred to me, the work you've done & how you deployed the wastegate when I first saw that turbo smart valve! I'm debating getting the TS valve for a friend's autoX Evo with a Link G4+ ECU, but he's a bit reluctant having to give up the throttle kick which besides anti lag, does give that extra responsiveness, coming out of corners.
Other than Link G4s, I've been frequently using the Carberry rom to tune Subarus. It's has very basic AL feature, no ignition cut feature, no timer, but it does the job achieving some decent overrun boost.
The following users liked this post:
211Ratsbud (Oct 10, 2020)
Old Aug 29, 2020, 04:22 AM
EvoM Guru

I am selling the oem hardware on market place :thumbsup:
Old Oct 25, 2020, 04:37 PM
EvoM Guru

Here i have posted the manifold pipework and valve that have been imported, and the manifold ports enlarged. If anyone was looking to get this working on a usdm ix it is pretty simple.
Old Oct 25, 2020, 05:14 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
It would be nice to have a good, comprehensive reference of the steps required to do so. I've been following for a while but never took the plunge, but in making another development push on my car and having the parts in a box in the basement, it just makes sense to do it.
Old Oct 25, 2020, 08:03 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by cmspaz
It would be nice to have a good, comprehensive reference of the steps required to do so. I've been following for a while but never took the plunge, but in making another development push on my car and having the parts in a box in the basement, it just makes sense to do it.
1) hardware install to include source for valve from UICP low temp aluminum welding rod makes this trivial.
2) re-pin egr solenoid to SAS solenoid. ( vacuum canister or check valve in line so that boost cannot get to diaphragm of sas valve)
3) rom id 8858 was my choice, but updated definitions for sas are required. Convert your tune to this rom. I have comprehensive xml to go with 88580714.

if on maf you may find load creeping with the system on. Not all rom id calc load values the same.