Notices
ECU Flash

General non-information about factory ALS

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2011, 06:15 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 128 Likes on 96 Posts
ok, I think I can do all that, but I'm not testing it on my Evo, and to be honest, I think it would be best if I were there for the testing, so I need someone in the Portland area who is willing to let me try it out on their Evo. Anyone? JB?
Old Sep 21, 2011, 06:27 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 41 Likes on 40 Posts
I understand your concern and its duly noted .
Old Sep 21, 2011, 08:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by mrfred
ok, I think I can do all that, but I'm not testing it on my Evo, and to be honest, I think it would be best if I were there for the testing, so I need someone in the Portland area who is willing to let me try it out on their Evo. Anyone? JB?
I just need the fuel cut timer and I think we are good. It is somewhere between 995 msec and 1000 msec right now. The warmer the manifold gets the better it works but the fuel cut timer limits the amount of usable ALS. Once it hits momentum it keeps feeding through the IAC.

So in short, yes bring it on

Aaron
Old Sep 21, 2011, 10:20 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 128 Likes on 96 Posts
Originally Posted by JohnBradley
I just need the fuel cut timer and I think we are good. It is somewhere between 995 msec and 1000 msec right now. The warmer the manifold gets the better it works but the fuel cut timer limits the amount of usable ALS. Once it hits momentum it keeps feeding through the IAC.

So in short, yes bring it on

Aaron
After our conversation several months ago, I went looking for and found the bit that controls fuel cut. Sounds like you need a little patch to control when it occurs. We should discuss what you need for fuel cut control when we meet up next. I'll send you email on that meeting thing...
Old Sep 22, 2011, 12:02 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 211ratsbud
I see... If I max out the iac, how would I allow fuel into the system without facing the fuel injectors decel cut ? This is my logic on getting the 8858 Rom to work because then you would have fuel overrun and the ability to inject air

I don't think the 8858 Rom is far from working .. I flashed it today but no fire, hopefully donner can discover the important pinouts for this Rom
I believe it is not pinout to make it start, have you changed immobilizer AND immobilizer hex (FFA) to match your original rom? Or you can try to disable it temporarily. You are right, 8858 does not stop fueling on overrun if you have first triggered SAS conditions (load, speed etc etc) and it can also operate solenoid.
Old Sep 22, 2011, 02:06 AM
EvoM Guru

At this point 8858 is a good option for those seeking oem control. Id be content with ALS in any form and if mrfred/jb work something out using USDM factory things then i believe that makes more sense.

I will try the 8858 rom again to confirm function though. That will keep options open for some people, incl me !
Old Sep 24, 2011, 11:26 PM
EvoM Guru

Would it be beneficial to help tune with an aem or similar map sensor in the uicp ? I have a 3/8 npt tapped hole there already
Old Sep 25, 2011, 06:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Would it be beneficial to help tune with an aem or similar map sensor in the uicp ? I have a 3/8 npt tapped hole there already
needs to be in inlet manifold after the throttle body
Old Sep 25, 2011, 09:08 AM
EvoM Guru

I already have a omni 4 bar, it need to be in the ic piping to measure boost when the throttle is closed
Old Sep 25, 2011, 11:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
I already have a omni 4 bar, it need to be in the ic piping to measure boost when the throttle is closed
the point being ??
Old Sep 25, 2011, 01:29 PM
EvoM Guru

To measure boost when als is active, and be able to see what effects the amount of boost so changes can be made .
Old Sep 26, 2011, 02:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
First of all the biggest problem with the stock ecu for good ALS operation need adjustable ignition cut in % ! But can't do any ignition cut.

ALS:

1. Need ++air after you lift off the throttle pedal.

-Pre opened TB ( good for small and mid ALS, to big pre opened coud cause driveability problem )
-Bypassed TB ( switchable, depend on the amount bypassed air great for small up to big ALS and also coud use with pre opened TB )
-SAS valve or WRC sytle, inject air directly to the exhaust manifold ( controlled with Ecu, no BOV, this method coud cause the ! highest EGT ! )

2. Ignition cut ! 0-20% TPS from 2500-7000 rpm need to increase the amount of ignition events what wasnt ignited .

3. Ignition retard in 0-20% TPS from 2500-7000 , small amount ignition retard is enough for ALS, but most of the setup running with quite big -20 -30 degrees because with the more air after lift of the TB the engine has so much torque and car is moving hard, with igniton retard you can stop this affect ( less timing less torque ) but higher EGT also !

4. Fuel enrichment for the more air and for cooling the engine - turbo .

With pre-oped TB or Bypass valve need idle control . I can do it with the Tephra mod V7 for fun. In the 9653rom doesnt need to activate the clutch to enable the launch program. So I set launch rpm to 1400, speed to 1km/h and TPS to 19% if the TB was preopened to 20% . Ofcourse it isn't the best way because instead of the speed limit need TPS setting over the 19% when the Ecu release the car.

So the Ecu can do it, just need the tables specially for that idle control with fuel cut :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cGCTJF87fA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dctYKC_rA28

Here is screenshot how ALS table works in the Motec Ecu :

The idle limiting, and the retard table and maybe the fuel table instead of fuel cut is workable with the stock Ecu !

Also here is an Evo X tuned by me with ignition retard, it sound cool but really doesnt do anything because no air and enough fuel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CI7elD4zzqY

Uploading the 88580714 rom on an Evo 9 RS which has the SAS from factory. Activate the Secondary air system tables with ignition retard from the Ecu it doesnt do fuel cut after wot ! But no enough air thru the small factory sas holes and lines to do so much !

Last edited by VGergo; Sep 26, 2011 at 02:55 PM.
Old Oct 19, 2011, 02:16 PM
EvoM Guru

Any luck mrfred with a premise for.the program ?
Old Oct 21, 2011, 10:01 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Holy crap 211ratsbud, you did what i couldnt! you got a some one who can code to get involved. My setup is easy. The tables I wanted were:

1-table to inject fuel richer than stoich with an adjustable timer
2-a minimum load limit table
3-a minimum RPM limit table
4-a timing retard vs rpm table

The biggest part is to have none of this to happen without the minimun load and rpm being met.
I didn't want to release my setup without these maps because i have ran my setup without them and it sucks some times to not have the exact controll that i want. I just wanted to have it refined before i spilt the info out. For my setup you don't need to mess with the IAC,have a vaccum canister, or rewire anything. i've gotten 17 psi in the charge pipes with a certain type of banjo bolt and only the -20* of timing that we can do. I'll keep to what i said, these maps get made and I'll tell all the ins and outs of it.

And props to you 211ratsbud for being persistent, no one has ever accomplished making a dream into reality by giving up.

Andrew
Old Oct 22, 2011, 12:02 AM
Evolved Member

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by evoRS06
And props to you 211ratsbud for being persistent, no one has ever accomplished making a dream into reality by giving up.

Andrew
word

Quick Reply: General non-information about factory ALS