Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

Joshsevo GT4088 TS E85 numbers

Old Aug 2, 2009, 07:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
deleted

Last edited by 724gvr4; Aug 2, 2009 at 07:38 PM.
Old Aug 2, 2009, 07:12 PM
Evolved Member

Looks like a good start!

I would definitely find out WHY this GT40 is starting to choke after 5,900 RPM's. That's when it should come alive.

Do you have an EBC just not holding boost well? Could it be a boost leak? Maybe you should reconsider allowing this "new tuner" to use your car as training. I wouldn't be comfortable with that.

Also explore going to 93 octane and meth. I don't like that option but I would consider it because of the mass amounts of fuel you're being told you need. If you were on 93 + Meth, you would be fine with 1650's. Also, note that Scott at TTP has 1650's and a 35R and made 600WHP at a lower duty cycle. I would seek consultation from sources other than whoever is tuning your car.

You have a build with tons of potential. Keep us updated.
Old Aug 2, 2009, 07:12 PM
Evolved Member

No I have not asked Harvey to tune my car. I have an allegiance to a shop and a tuner until I get burned. Which I was while I was at the other shop.

I do watch over my car. I never take it out cause I feel one you guys may vandalize my car. So I just take it certain places and that's it. I drive in the far right lane, just cruising every where. I never really get on it anymore for fear of getting caught for speeding and being sent back to jail.
Old Aug 2, 2009, 07:13 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 724gvr4
If this thread is tearing you down then sorry about that. I don't think I ever personally attacked you. My point was to stirup debate over running a large turbo on a stroker. That has been done so we can leave the past alone. Although I am sure BRP will post when does read this.

I am suprised your not watching over your car like a hawk with all the troubles you have had. Although I understand how its not fun to sit in the back seat and watch the tuner pull gears on the dyno. Have you asked Harvey to tune? He might balk at it but I know he has the skills.
if you went for a ride in my car you would understand. trust me!
Old Aug 2, 2009, 07:17 PM
Evolved Member

nice numbers josh, it was a good day of gains, can't wait to see what it puts down next time

Last edited by sdfontanini; Aug 3, 2009 at 07:44 AM.
Old Aug 2, 2009, 07:49 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TigOLDBiTTies
how is that nice spool? he doesnt have ANY power until 5,100 rpm............
you must have a stock turbo still thats why you say that. Big turbo = lag, to get full boost around 5100rpms on gt40 is very nice.
Old Aug 2, 2009, 10:13 PM

I understand that the spool might be good on that turbo but one has to realize that mistakes can be made. All this trash talk about "lol you wasted a fully built ams motor on a 3076" vs. "lol you put a 40R on a 2.3L" is stupid. Yea, maybe the ams motor can handle way more and it can and in your case the 40R shoudln't be on a 2.3, but everyone has his/her preferences. some want a nice street motor, i.e. the 30R and some want big numbers. Why argue over it. I don't think any of us who got kicked off of the "other forum" would ever go to the point of vandalizing your car man, because that is just wrong. Just don't rip on someone for making a better car than yours because you are too stubborn to listen to what people have to say.
Old Aug 3, 2009, 09:44 AM
Evolved Member

Nice numbers! I look forward to seeing 40+ LBS of boost and more WHP.

And for the people (in other parts of the country) wondering why those number are not higher, it's the thin air in Boulder, CO... That Dyno is at over 6000' elevation. That why it's called the "Heart Breaker".

When NHRA drag classes come to Bandimere Speed in Morrison, CO (5860' elevation). There is a .6 of a second handicap because the air up here is so damn thin.

Sure there are 35R & 37R's making 800+WHP but it depends on what you are building your car for. If you are building it for AX, Drag, Street, RR or whatever... If I was going to build a AX, RR or Street car, I would build a 2.3L. But because I am a drag racer at heart, I will be staying with the 2.0 or 2.1 for 10,000+ RPM shifts.

Last edited by dambikeracer; Aug 3, 2009 at 10:02 AM.
Old Aug 3, 2009, 10:28 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dambikeracer
And for the people (in other parts of the country) wondering why those number are not higher, it's the thin air in Boulder, CO... That Dyno is at over 6000' elevation. That why it's called the "Heart Breaker".
IMO, that statement's partially correct. I've never used the Super Rupair dyno, so I'm not sure how it reads relative to other dyno's in Colorado, but in my experience there are two things to consider when viewing a dyno chart for a car at altitude:

1) spool time will be slower, on larger turbos, that means we may miss out on torque that those at lower altitude enjoy. I was on AMS's dyno a few months back with my TR30R kit, and I lost about 600rpm of spool and 4-5psi when coming back to Denver (33psi @ 3800 vs. 28psi @ 4400). This was on a weird turbo designed for running on a restrictor, so I'd suspect with a standard 35r, I'd be able to run the same boost levels, and just spool up time would suffer.

2) dyno correction factor - most quote SAE corrected numbers, and IMO, this doesn't really reflect the truth for turbo cars, as those correction factors are for a normally aspirated motor.

I know how frustrating it can be to have all the parts in place only to have one little thing holding you back. Looking forward to seeing the new numbers once you get the fueling sorted out Josh!

Dave
Old Aug 3, 2009, 10:37 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
FWIW, if that dyno chart was in 3rd gear, then spool time might be like 4k high in 4th which for a GT40 is terrific.

Also, 500 on an uncorrected DynoDynamics is probably like 600-700 on a Dynojet.

And also, to the OP, I know my tuner in the UK was one of the first to try some Full Race TS 40R kits and the housing was far too small to begin with I believe. They switched up to a bigger turbine housing and the kit performed much better. You might want to contact Full Race and find out what they recommend in terms of turbine housing size for 40r.
Old Aug 3, 2009, 11:27 AM
Evolved Member

Well I am running a ETS kit and I belive it is the 94 housing which from what I read and heard it spools faster than the 1.04 housing but the 1.04 will have a higher topend.

I am really happy with the reuslts and look forward to getting higher numbers. But as I said before I am out of fuel, I am out of cash. So it will take me a little while to get the correct parts to push this puppy to the top limit. I don't forsee me having the money this yr. I need like 3K to buy everything.

Thanks for the comments and I will keep this updated as I get them.
Old Aug 3, 2009, 11:30 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Joshs EVO
I have an allegiance to a shop and a tuner until I get burned. Which I was while I was at the other shop.
I am sorry Josh, I asked V (owner of Carz) if it would be a good idea to change the shop name to Carz Performance Bank & Trust Co. just for you and I got a dirty look which meant no.

I am also sorry for all of those times that I came to the rescue with my truck & trailer to pick up car from your house, bams house and the track numerous times on my own time & dime. I valued you as a great customer & friend, guess I should have told you to call a tow truck instead.

I had no problem with you until you discredited me in the quote above. Sure, you did not say my name but most of us (CO Evo Owners) reading this thread knows who you are refuring too. You were better off just keeping you mouth shut.
Old Aug 3, 2009, 11:35 AM
Evolved Member

LOL sure thing Lucas. Tell that to all the other people you ripped off over the years using the same lame excuse of "my dad made me call all my debts in". I heard from someone else that you pulled that same BS with other people using the same line yrs ago. You lied to me, Quinne, Mark about doing payments and if you were gonna call them in I would not have brought you my car when I did.

Spare me your gibberish about being a loaner or picking my car up. After I brought you so many customers and spent so much of my own money with you you show me a little bit more respect..boy.

Last edited by Joshs EVO; Aug 3, 2009 at 11:41 AM.
Old Aug 3, 2009, 12:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DynoDude55
I am sorry Josh, I asked V (owner of Carz) if it would be a good idea to change the shop name to Carz Performance Bank & Trust Co. just for you and I got a dirty look which meant no.

I am also sorry for all of those times that I came to the rescue with my truck & trailer to pick up car from your house, bams house and the track numerous times on my own time & dime. I valued you as a great customer & friend, guess I should have told you to call a tow truck instead.

I had no problem with you until you discredited me in the quote above. Sure, you did not say my name but most of us (CO Evo Owners) reading this thread knows who you are refuring too. You were better off just keeping you mouth shut.
AHAHAHAHA!

Josh are you running FB or BR double pumper? That thing must love fuel

I'd say you'll need 8 1450s-1600s depending on your power goals.

Whats the rest of your fuel system look like?
Old Aug 3, 2009, 12:36 PM
Former Sponsor

Hello, Just a couple pointers about the tune and the car. These were 3rd gear pulls. It was about 90 in the dyno booth and intake temps were around 130. We worked on spool up for a little as we knew we were running out of fuel pretty quickly. The boost would spike to about 34 and fall to 33. The problem was the fuel. As we got going she ran out of fuel, simply that. Double Pumper was maxed out. I was also surprised how much fuel it kept eating. We kept it real easy on the top end entil we fix the fuel issue, also needs a TIAL bov. Honestly the car feels really strong and smooth on the road. Way more to come from this car!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Joshsevo GT4088 TS E85 numbers