Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

763whp/595tq STOCK ECU, SpeedDensity, E85 by TTP!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2009, 09:02 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
All I can say is....WOW! great job! This looks like an awesome setup and I cant wait to see you guys go into the 9's! Best of luck to you all!
Old Nov 3, 2009, 01:22 AM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 04EBevo
All I can say is....WOW! great job! This looks like an awesome setup and I cant wait to see you guys go into the 9's! Best of luck to you all!
Thanks for the support!
Old Nov 3, 2009, 03:04 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Damn Scott. Way to go. Very impressive.
Old Nov 3, 2009, 06:51 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TTP Engineering
Its a COP unit we had on the car before dynotesting while installing the FMIC. Once we moved to stock coils the spark improved. 50psi+ was able to be achieved without a miss on stock coils.
Doesnt look like a Sparktech. Is that a one off you were testing? Maybe you just havent perfected it yet.

Congrats on the power. Is that the new QM clutch design?
Old Nov 3, 2009, 09:01 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
He is running the stock coils due to problems with the coil on plug that was on the car. In the pictures above there is a COP system probably a spoolinup as I believe they were trying it out. Scott correct me if im wrong
Old Nov 3, 2009, 09:19 AM
Silver Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 04EBevo
He is running the stock coils due to problems with the coil on plug that was on the car. In the pictures above there is a COP system probably a spoolinup as I believe they were trying it out. Scott correct me if im wrong
Correct. The unit was the one I was using on my car before I started testing out the new and improved coils. He needed a set ASAP so I got it out to him as quick as I could. Talking with Scott to see what went amiss. I'm sure I made a mistake somewhere as I have several customers running the relatively low PSI that it started missing at.

Last edited by SpoolinUp; Nov 3, 2009 at 09:22 AM.
Old Nov 3, 2009, 11:52 AM
Evolving Member

^^Hope it can be sorted cos im confident its a damn good COP.... otherwise congrates Scott.... its an ANIMAL!!
Old Nov 3, 2009, 11:54 AM
Account Disabled

Definitely the fastest street car I have ever driven. It's disgusting. After punching it in first and second, you have enough adrenalin in your system to not even need 3rd or 4th to make you smile ear to ear.

We installed the GM AIT sensor and switched from MAT reading the fuel temp to reading the IAT sensor so now with the colder months ahead we will have temperature compensation. Bumped the idle some more last night as the Quartermaster twin is so frickin lightweight that its not heavy enough to carry over the dips idle that 32lbs rotating masses do. Its a small price to pay for a clutch so light that rips through the gears like it does. With the BOOMBA 75mm throttle body idle set screw cranked a little higher, we are in good shape now.

Last edited by TTP Engineering; Nov 3, 2009 at 11:58 AM.
Old Nov 3, 2009, 11:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
With 763 whp on a Mustang Dyno that car will have to MPH at least 163 mph. Good luck with that.
Old Nov 3, 2009, 12:06 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
With 763 whp on a Mustang Dyno that car will have to MPH at least 163 mph. Good luck with that.
No David, no Mustang Dyno in existence reads like yours and if that is the point you are trying to interject into our thread, then this statement should cover that.

I don't know what MD has done your dyno or if it is something in your settings, or why your rpms roll speed calibration was off for so long but we hope you have most of the issues resolved with your dyno. It is frustrating when all of your testing over the years becomes null and void when your roll speed calibration is off. After you have it corrected, none of the data becomes useful from prior tests as the overlays from present to then are on different scales.

We have stated our MPH goals for the car. If we exceed them, great.

We are working with JOT on comparing our dyno's calibration to others in the USA. Part of our testing issue with that VDR program is that our 2byte rpm numbers in evoscan are not reading correct. We have changed our MUT table to reflect what should allow us to datalog 2byte rpm to exceed 7900rpms which we could not before so the VDR program meant nothing with peak whp in the 8000rpms range.

From our initial observations it appears that uncorrected, our dyno reads on par with most MD's and with weather correction, depending on how extreme the temperature in the dyno room and what humidity level it is in this tropical climate, during the summer WCF can add some power over uncorrected MD numbers and when colder than 77*F, the WCF can subtract whp from the WCF numbers.

Lastly, this car weighs 3490 with driver.

We don't have any "tin cans" over here. Only street cars with PS, A/C, Condenser, manual water pump, and ABS, complete with all airbags, heater core, full size radiator, lower members, sway bars, etc etc.

Last edited by TTP Engineering; Nov 3, 2009 at 12:18 PM.
Old Nov 3, 2009, 12:25 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TTP Engineering

Lastly, this car weighs 3490 with driver.

We don't have any "tin cans" over here. Only street cars with PS, A/C, Condenser, manual water pump, and ABS, complete with all airbags, heater core, full size radiator, lower members, sway bars, etc etc.
That is some good info right there.....
Old Nov 3, 2009, 12:34 PM
Evolved Member

Wow, those are some awesome #'s.

I never realized you guys had a mustang dyno. I was always thinking it was a dynojet or something.

Either way, awesome #'s and good luck with it.

I'm running the same turbo and love it.
Old Nov 3, 2009, 12:39 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by red03evo
Wow, those are some awesome #'s.

I never realized you guys had a mustang dyno. I was always thinking it was a dynojet or something.

Either way, awesome #'s and good luck with it.

I'm running the same turbo and love it.
Yes it is a Mustang Dyno AWD-500, the same as most other MD's.

We USE a weather station most of the time which takes into account temperature in the dyno room and humidity / barometric pressure. Some dyno shops do NOT. Most of the ones that do not use the weather station choose not to because they have facilities with low humidity or low temperatures and dry air which without weather correction would read higher than with weather correction anyhow.

It is a lot easier to make power with cooler dry air as it is denser and more can fit into the cylinders. The WCF makes up some of the handicap of high humidity (water in the air= less dense, less oxygen) and hotter air (less dense, less oxygen) and compensates as if the humidity was low and the temps were 77*F.
Old Nov 3, 2009, 12:47 PM
Silver Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by joyce1bro
^^Hope it can be sorted cos im confident its a damn good COP.... otherwise congrates Scott.... its an ANIMAL!!
I should have thought twice before sending him a unit that has had more experiments on it than an alien abductee and made him wait for new coils. Really a stupid judgment call, but as Oscar Wilde said "Experience is the name everyone gives to their mistakes." When I do something stupid, I own up to it.

I'm 100% confident the new kit coming out will rock this easily and Scott will surely be testing it. If anyone has any more comments/concerns feel free to PM me because this thread is about Scott's craziness! CONGRATS!
Old Nov 3, 2009, 12:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts
In the end they are all just tools for tuning. As you said you have a ET your hoping the car runs. If it makes it great if not then you'll know what 7XXhp on your dyno traps. Pretty much end of story

As Im sure Buschur knows what 7XX on his dyno traps.

Heck all you guys here TTP, Buschur, English, GST, AWD, etc... All you guys can give the customer a good idea based on the power the car made on your dyno what it should trap in the 1/4.

Obviously there are some variables such as tin cans cars vs. full weight cars and such

Quick Reply: 763whp/595tq STOCK ECU, SpeedDensity, E85 by TTP!