Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

map ef4 stock block and e85 tscompusa tuned

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2011, 02:48 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 67 Likes on 59 Posts
thanks for sharing Brian and for the kind words.

to others, thank you also -

what I might do is remove the tq.. if i can ill put it in the 380-400 range then give him around 600hp and see how that holds up. the cars running really conservative timing right now.. in fact its still on my e85 base map from last summer that i gave him which is very conservative.. i start very low and work my way up.. its the only safe way to tune e85 or any fuel for that matter.

but the tune touches 13 degrees at 7500rpm to give you an idea how conservative it really is. the graph he posted didnt even get to 7500. I have another graph here showing a fatter curve uptop but im gonna save the results for another post in here once we add more timing.

for a 2L and mild timing and only 32-33psi (mainly 32) his car is putting out decent numbers.

sometime shortly ill give him some more timing and post results. i hate to take the torque away because i know how much torque makes the car fun.. but i think he wont mind if im giving him another 50hp+ at the same time.

he has to be careful when he tunes, because his area is infested with deer.

this is the same car that made really high power on pump with the map SST turbo on the old SST thread. it was on maf then now its on SD.
Old Nov 21, 2011, 04:28 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 184 Likes on 130 Posts
Is that the return run I made that I said overlap with the one I sent you first?

Yes my area is definately infested with deer, and I am to the point come this time of year I don't even want to drive the car at dusk. All you hunters out there know when the rutt starts, theres always more then 1 deer lurking in the headlights or not far behind.

As far as fun to drive, I don't think honestly Tom that it will matter. I mean people who actually go for a ride in the car know it has the power and really don't know the difference between the tq and hp all they know is damn this things quick. OK maybe MB will know but she understand the circumstance of why we are taking the tq out.

As far as some other posts I have been in and shared this turbo reguardless of what you see on the dyno graphs isn't really laggy. When I was doing pulls from 2k as instructed in the beginning yeah it did seem to take forever to get some power. Once I bumped up the rpm and pulled again as you can see in the dyno graph I posted, starting the pull at 3k and building full boost just before 5k thats not laggy what so ever in my book. Mind you this is still on a stock 2.0 l motor. So with that said I can honestly say I am actually happy about something knowing I am makeing great power with really not alot of money in this car being it had a few things on there when I got it.
Old Nov 21, 2011, 04:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts
Did you rewire or punch your Walbro 255?
Old Nov 21, 2011, 04:44 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by Kidloco51
That would be a negative sir.
Old Nov 22, 2011, 02:21 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by cursedsm
Is that the return run I made that I said overlap with the one I sent you first?
yes it is. it hit 13deg in that run since you rev'ed it up to 7500.

Originally Posted by Kidloco51
hes got 1450 fic, im not sure what IDC its at right now.. something ill have to check. depending where he bought the pump it may be punched. its like a 2minute mod.
Old Nov 22, 2011, 02:28 PM
EvoM Guru

Pump was already on the car and I know it was done at Davids shop and this was way before all the punching started.
Old Nov 24, 2011, 10:07 AM
EvoM Guru

Well a little to add I did order a Grimmspeed 3 port as asked to and hopefully the snow will stay away for a little longer and Tom and I can get some new #'s
Old Nov 24, 2011, 12:13 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If TQ is what makes the car fun... what does HP do? Will the same exact car with 600 hp and 400 tq be quicker than the same car with 500 hp and 500 tq?
Old Nov 24, 2011, 12:19 PM
EvoM Guru

Tq is that feeling of being pulled in the seat when your making a pull. I honestly don't know how to explain it. I know how I want to explain it but I don't know how to put it into words.
Old Nov 24, 2011, 12:20 PM
EvoM Guru

And to answer your question no it wont.
Old Nov 24, 2011, 02:16 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by taylorgang
If TQ is what makes the car fun... what does HP do? Will the same exact car with 600 hp and 400 tq be quicker than the same car with 500 hp and 500 tq?
600/380 will be way funner then 540/450.. the car wont feel as aggressive downlow but it will pull much harder and longer throughout the upper powerband.

these cars dont need a lot of tq to feel quick. hes going to notice the loss of tq, but the gain in hp will certainly make up for it.

does that answer your question?
Old Nov 24, 2011, 05:11 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tscompusa
600/380 will be way funner then 540/450.. the car wont feel as aggressive downlow but it will pull much harder and longer throughout the upper powerband.

these cars dont need a lot of tq to feel quick. hes going to notice the loss of tq, but the gain in hp will certainly make up for it.

does that answer your question?
Yeah that makes sense. So if I got a 3port, and a bigger turbo, we could keep the stock block safe while still producing FUN, right? Sorry don't mean to thread hi-jack, this one just stands out to me because it has so much potential on the stock block/head.
Old Nov 24, 2011, 05:36 PM
EvoM Guru

Yeah that makes sense. So if I got a 3port, and a bigger turbo, we could keep the stock block safe while still producing FUN, right? Sorry don't mean to thread hi-jack, this one just stands out to me because it has so much potential on the stock block/head.
Its what I am doing.
Old Nov 24, 2011, 06:13 PM
Former Sponsor

yes that's correct. what i can do with the 3 port is, i can slowly raise the boost curve the further out in the rpm range, keeping it low in the lower rpm range to eliminate any kind of high early torque curve.

that is the safest way to put down big numbers on the stock block and keep tq under control in my opinion.
Old Nov 24, 2011, 06:27 PM
EvoM Guru

So that will eliminate the spot where you can really feel it kick ya in the *** when not wot? I mean if i am just tooling around and I rev high in the rpm range with minimal throttle you can feel where it really starts to pick up. Is that what your talking about being able to control where that actually kicks in?

Quick Reply: map ef4 stock block and e85 tscompusa tuned