Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning / Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.

FP 71HTA / S2's / E85 / 459 & 402 @ 24PSI / RRE "Sam" Tuned

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2018, 07:50 AM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 813 Likes on 678 Posts
Originally Posted by Biggiesacks
(b) For purposes of this section, a vehicle is deemed to be primarily or regularly used on the highways of this state if the vehicle is located or operated in this state for a greater amount of time than it is located or operated in any other individual state during the registration period in question.

There is no way one traffic stop is enough to prove this, unless you run your mouth. A string of stops though is going to be a problem.
i was wondering what the rest of those statues said. Thanks for posting. Probably officer discretion, as far as harassing you ,though. And it's always up to you to prove your innocence. I could see it being a pain in the ***.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 07:51 AM

Received 704 Likes on 592 Posts
Originally Posted by kaj
i was wondering what the rest of those statues said. Thanks for posting. Probably officer discretion, as far as harassing you ,though. And it's always up to you to prove your innocence. I could see it being a pain in the ***.
This is Murica, burden of proof is on the state. Just keep your mouth shut.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 08:43 AM
kaj

This is Murica, burden of proof is on the state. Just keep your mouth shut.
​​​​​​That's what they say, but my experience has pretty much been opposite.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 09:12 AM
Evolved Member

Received 194 Likes on 182 Posts
My experience has been opposite too. I fought a red light ticket years ago in Irvine. Cop said I ran red light. I know I ran yellow and told my wife that it will turn yellow when we get to intersection, which was what happened. Cop makes U turn to give me a ticket. In court, he read his notes: I was sitting at light, didn't pay attention but you ran a red light." I looked at judge and said "if he wasn't paying attention, how did I run a red light?"
Judge stared at me and said "he's a witness, you're guilty, pay the fine."
I was dumbfounded. So yeah, Asian driver in Irvine. Got pulled over by white cop and fought in court with white judge and didn't have a chance. I quit fighting after that because traffic system is fixed.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 09:21 AM
Evolved Member

I bet that if I didn't have a 4K dash cam with GPS, I'd bet he'd given me a speeding ticket. I know I didn't speed and there were cars passing me on left going 75-80. He wanted to pull the ricer over because he was certain he will find something.
In the end, it's not worth our time. They get paid OT (on our tax dollars) to go to court to make our lives miserable. We don't have time to waste (at least, I don't), so find a way to avoid this. My way is to sacrifice the oem look that I enjoyed about our evos. If you can get away and not pay their salary in registration and taxes, more power to you guys.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 09:24 AM
Evolved Member

Everyone will run into a corrupt cop sometime in their lives. I've been unlucky and ran into a few. It's just how it is and you just do your best and move on. Karma will get them. Don't waste your time making things worse.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 09:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 294 Likes on 235 Posts
Originally Posted by griceiv
And holy crap. You realize thst progressive is going to get you for fraud when they find out you aren't an az resident, right? Might as well just cancel the insurance and save the money cause they aren't gonna pay anything.
My AZ ID card says I am a resident...
Old Dec 4, 2018, 09:58 AM

Received 704 Likes on 592 Posts
For those types of things your just getting road taxed. The law allows for both of you to be telling the truth about what you remember seeing, but its the cops job to be enforcing these laws so it makes sense their testimony would carry more weight.

Having your car impounded because of out of state plates though IMO is something your going to have to give them.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 10:12 AM
Evolved Member

For those types of things your just getting road taxed. The law allows for both of you to be telling the truth about what you remember seeing, but its the cops job to be enforcing these laws so it makes sense their testimony would carry more weight.

Having your car impounded because of out of state plates though IMO is something your going to have to give them.
It is because of lying cops that all my cars have dash cams. I have videos at my finger tips when I need it. No more my word vs the cop's because if I get speeding ticket, I will turn the camera to ticket and cop. Now, if I wasn't paying attention and was speeding, then I wouldn't do that, of course. I'm usually the grandma evo driver on the road, so I don't get much attention unless someone picks on me.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 10:56 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Nice numbers!

I have basically the same setup except I had my motor built and MAP o2 dump.

had mine dyno'd at kt motoring on the heartbreaker dyno for 91/e85 dual map, made 310 on pump and 380 on e85

I really like the 71HTA cause of the quick spool and a hard pull all the way to 8000. more than enough power for daily driving
Old Dec 4, 2018, 11:06 AM
kaj

I got pulled over for being on my cell phone. I explained that I picked up my phone to skip a song. It was in my hand maybe 3 seconds, so I don't even know how he saw it.
he told me next time I should pull over, skip the song, then be on my way.
Sometimes I just can't take these guys seriously.
When I get stopped for something legit (haven't had a moving violation since 2007) then I don't complain. I.E. Had I been talking/texting/distracted while driving ,that totally woulda been fine. I have no problem admitting I messed up but do when I'm getting nailed on a technicality/loop hole/screwy interpretation of the law.
Cops in my town send kids to the ref for "questionable" looking parts. "I let the state ref sort it out" they say. Again ,I can't take them seriously.
This is just in my city.
Some of you guys may have better or worse experiences. Hopefully better.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 11:17 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Originally Posted by doe_boy
Nice numbers!

I have basically the same setup except I had my motor built and MAP o2 dump.

had mine dyno'd at kt motoring on the heartbreaker dyno for 91/e85 dual map, made 310 on pump and 380 on e85

I really like the 71HTA cause of the quick spool and a hard pull all the way to 8000. more than enough power for daily driving
Hey Thanks. This thread has morphed into a Calif Vehicle Code / Smog thread lately

Yeah, looking back i wished i would have done my O2 housing & an open dump. Your heart break no.s are likely close to mine. Because of injector limitations i left some WHP on the Dyno & my Rev limit is approx 7400 but i rarely take it over 7

Anyways, dont be a stranger & hope to see you out here more often

Joe

Last edited by MinusPrevious; Dec 4, 2018 at 11:23 AM.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 11:59 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MinusPrevious
Hey Thanks. This thread has morphed into a Calif Vehicle Code / Smog thread lately

Yeah, looking back i wished i would have done my O2 housing & an open dump. Your heart break no.s are likely close to mine. Because of injector limitations i left some WHP on the Dyno & my Rev limit is approx 7400 but i rarely take it over 7

Anyways, dont be a stranger & hope to see you out here more often

Joe
im running the same injectors on mine as well and the turbo stays steady about 24/25 psi and gets to 28 psi

yea the numbers on a mustang or dynojet are more like 350/430 awhp. it def feels about that power range. my motor is built for more like an fp green setup but I didn't wanna push the motor to its max due to me having a very heavy foot when I drive it and don't wanna risk popping it soon after building it lol

yea I will try to be on here more often reading and posting.
you have ig? if so follow my accounts doe_boy and db4_imgs

Angel