FP 71HTA / S2's / E85 / 459&402 @ 24PSI / RRE "Sam" Tuned - EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

Notices
Evo Dyno Tuning and Results Discuss vendor and member dyno tuning techniques, results and graphs.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FP 71HTA / S2's / E85 / 459&402 @ 24PSI / RRE "Sam" Tuned

Reply

 
 
 
Old Feb 7, 2018, 06:35 PM
  #1  
EvoM Super Moderator
Thread Starter
iTrader: (3)
 
MinusPrevious's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: So.Cal
Posts: 4,286
Thanked 472 Times in 455 Posts
FP 71HTA / S2's / E85 / 459&402 @ 24PSI / RRE "Sam" Tuned

Gents

Just watched Sam at RRE tune-up my ride this afternoon. The tune went w/out a hitch. No hiccups on 91 & then went to E85

The limiting factor that didnt get it to 480WHP were the injectors (RC1000's)

Pleased to have lowered my max boost down to 24PSI from the previous tune at 27PSI

Bringing it home tomorrow & will be doing an engine detail & re-installing all the other bits I removed before delivering it to RRE

Overall, very pleased w/the the finite details RRE gave to all the rework done (60K service done, 71HTA install, FP Intake / S2's w/springs & the TOON)

The dark blue line is the 91 run




Last edited by MinusPrevious; Feb 7, 2018 at 07:35 PM.
MinusPrevious is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2018, 06:44 PM
  #2  
Evolving Member
iTrader: (12)
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Boise, ID
Posts: 149
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Good numbers. Iíll be running the hta71 with a 2.2, S2ís and curt brown ported head. Canít wait to get it running.
Siluck2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2018, 06:46 PM
  #3  
EvoM Super Moderator
Thread Starter
iTrader: (3)
 
MinusPrevious's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: So.Cal
Posts: 4,286
Thanked 472 Times in 455 Posts
Originally Posted by Siluck2 View Post
Good numbers. Iíll be running the hta71 with a 2.2, S2ís and curt brown ported head. Canít wait to get it running.
Your set-up will certainly bark. Got to run E85?
MinusPrevious is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2018, 08:42 PM
  #4  
Newbie
 
evo4life94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: California
Posts: 69
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Nice numbers!
I'm running the fp 71hta on stock block/cams pushing 415whp and getting my s2 cams soon, also going to RRE. Your numbers have me excited since my goal was to get 450whp
evo4life94 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2018, 08:48 PM
  #5  
Evolved Member
iTrader: (1)
 
2006EvoIXer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: California
Posts: 1,743
Thanked 67 Times in 65 Posts
Awesome!

2006EvoIXer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2018, 08:54 PM
  #6  
Evolved Member
iTrader: (1)
 
2006EvoIXer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: California
Posts: 1,743
Thanked 67 Times in 65 Posts
Did you rewire your fuel pump? I made about the same power with RC1200. I'm hitting 104% IDC, so I wonder where your injectors are at.
2006EvoIXer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2018, 09:39 PM
  #7  
Evolved Member
iTrader: (36)
 
e_kobz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Gilbert, AZ
Posts: 2,932
Thanked 86 Times in 84 Posts
Awesome numbers man. I bet this thing rips. I would love to see this setup push 30psi and see if it breaks the 500whp mark. This makes me wants to get S2ís. Our cars made similar power only I was on stock cams and ran 30psi. I need S2ís like right now
e_kobz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2018, 05:49 AM
  #8  
EvoM Super Moderator
Thread Starter
iTrader: (3)
 
MinusPrevious's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: So.Cal
Posts: 4,286
Thanked 472 Times in 455 Posts
Originally Posted by evo4life94 View Post
Nice numbers!
I'm running the fp 71hta on stock block/cams pushing 415whp and getting my s2 cams soon, also going to RRE. Your numbers have me excited since my goal was to get 450whp
Yeah, the S2's will wake up your top end. Gus, Sam & Robert will certainly guide you through the process. Keep us posted

Originally Posted by 2006EvoIXer View Post
Awesome!

Thanks,

Originally Posted by 2006EvoIXer View Post
Did you rewire your fuel pump? I made about the same power with RC1200. I'm hitting 104% IDC, so I wonder where your injectors are at.
Injectors were at 96% IDC at 7500 rpm. Sam left some room at the top as he knew this was a track day car. He did note that w/larger injectors, 480WHP would have been no problem. Stock Wally 255


Originally Posted by e_kobz View Post
Awesome numbers man. I bet this thing rips. I would love to see this setup push 30psi and see if it breaks the 500whp mark. This makes me wants to get S2ís. Our cars made similar power only I was on stock cams and ran 30psi. I need S2ís like right now
No way to get to 30PSI w/out the injectors, but was actually happy to see him lower my boost from the orig tune at 27psi to 24psi and achieving more WHP. Will be picking it up this afternoon.

Your set-up is what inspired me to follow in your steps
MinusPrevious is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2018, 06:25 AM
  #9  
Evolved Member
iTrader: (1)
 
2006EvoIXer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: California
Posts: 1,743
Thanked 67 Times in 65 Posts
What other mods does your car have? I'm curious if the tiny jump in hp at the very end is normal for S2 cams on 91. I found it strange when I first saw it on my car and now I see your car has it too. Wonder if S2 would make more power to 8000rpm.
2006EvoIXer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2018, 07:06 AM
  #10  
EvoM Super Moderator
Thread Starter
iTrader: (3)
 
MinusPrevious's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: So.Cal
Posts: 4,286
Thanked 472 Times in 455 Posts
Originally Posted by 2006EvoIXer View Post
What other mods does your car have? I'm curious if the tiny jump in hp at the very end is normal for S2 cams on 91. I found it strange when I first saw it on my car and now I see your car has it too. Wonder if S2 would make more power to 8000rpm.
Nisei 3.75" Race FMIC w/short route pipes / Full 3" Invidia exhaust (stock 02) / No CAT / FP Open intake w/MAF / FP 71HTA / RC1000's / 3 port boost solenoid / S2's w/springs (all other bits are stock)

Sam noted that there was more room above 7500rpm but at 96% IDC, he shut the throttle down
MinusPrevious is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2018, 07:16 AM
  #11  
Evolving Member
 
revhappy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: North Jersey
Posts: 388
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Great numbers. Similar set up to me.
revhappy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2018, 07:28 AM
  #12  
Evolved Member
iTrader: (1)
 
2006EvoIXer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: California
Posts: 1,743
Thanked 67 Times in 65 Posts
Sam tuned my car to 99% IDC but at night, temps are cooler and I'm hitting 104%. If you're making the same power with 20% smaller injectors, I'm even more confident that fuel pump rewire will solve my needs.

Last edited by 2006EvoIXer; Feb 8, 2018 at 09:37 AM.
2006EvoIXer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2018, 09:27 AM
  #13  
Evolved Member
iTrader: (1)
 
2006EvoIXer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: California
Posts: 1,743
Thanked 67 Times in 65 Posts
With your test pipe and upgrading your O2 housing and more fuel, I think you can hit 500 hp. Why didn't you replace the O2 with the HTA 71?

Originally Posted by MinusPrevious View Post
Nisei 3.75" Race FMIC w/short route pipes / Full 3" Invidia exhaust (stock 02) / No CAT / FP Open intake w/MAF / FP 71HTA / RC1000's / 3 port boost solenoid / S2's w/springs (all other bits are stock)

Sam noted that there was more room above 7500rpm but at 96% IDC, he shut the throttle down
2006EvoIXer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2018, 09:37 AM
  #14  
Evolved Member
iTrader: (92)
 
fimotorsports's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: San Diego CA
Posts: 1,569
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
well done, which springs did you go with?
fimotorsports is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2018, 09:44 AM
  #15  
EvoM Super Moderator
Thread Starter
iTrader: (3)
 
MinusPrevious's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: So.Cal
Posts: 4,286
Thanked 472 Times in 455 Posts
Originally Posted by 2006EvoIXer View Post
With your test pipe and upgrading your O2 housing and more fuel, I think you can hit 500 hp. Why didn't you replace the O2 with the HTA 71?
It did cross my mind but, I guess my thoughts are not to over stress my poor stock block & tranny



Originally Posted by fimotorsports View Post
well done, which springs did you go with?
GSC Behives w/the Ti retainers / Head was rebuilt as well
MinusPrevious is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: FP 71HTA / S2's / E85 / 459&402 @ 24PSI / RRE "Sam" Tuned


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.