Notices
Evo Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical systems, audio system upgrades, or alarm configurations.

SSL package and replacing deck

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2007, 07:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SSL package and replacing deck

Ok, so I went into circuit city (I know they're morons) today and was planning on getting this pioneer deck so I can do away with CD's and run my ipod instead.... Well they told me that the Evo SSL package makes it so that if they put in a new deck I would lose any sound to the subwoofer. They told me to go seach for some sort of part or new harness that would fix this problem.... Is this out there?

I searched on here already and didn't find anything becuase most of the time peopple just replace the sub... Well I don't have the $$ to do that. I just want to replace the deck to be ipod compatible and possibly have a separate subwoofer controller which this deck does:
http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Pione...oductDetail.do

Also will be retaining the stock amp.

Any advice? Is this doable or do I have to replace the sub?
Old Feb 11, 2007, 08:01 PM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
This is definitely doable, PM Ultimate CC we just installed an alpine in-dash and he retained all of his stock audio equipment...I am sure he can tell you which cable to use.

-Ray
Old Feb 11, 2007, 08:10 PM
Evolving Member

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...ht=ssl+harness
Old Feb 11, 2007, 08:14 PM
Account Disabled

http://www.autotoys.com/x/catalog/PE...IT_p_1234.html get that cable and you will be good to go with the factory amp and sub...
Old Feb 11, 2007, 08:19 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Ultimate CC
http://www.autotoys.com/x/catalog/PE...IT_p_1234.html get that cable and you will be good to go with the factory amp and sub...

i used the rca outputs on my deck for a amp signal. just got a set of short rca jacks and cut off one end. then hardwired them into the factory harness. same as buying a cable. just free.

Emery
Old Feb 11, 2007, 08:21 PM
Evolved Member

OMG thanks guys, this was killing me. I was like WTF Circuit City Scam??? ahaha Ok so I'll just order this and buy the deck and ipod adapter and I'll be good to go right?
Old Feb 11, 2007, 08:23 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Ultimate CC
It says it's no longer available... Will this one do? http://www.autotoys.com/x/catalog/MI...SS_p_1379.html
Old Feb 11, 2007, 08:49 PM
Account Disabled

yea it should...
Old Feb 14, 2007, 08:09 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I have a Pioneer 9800BT, Pioneer IB-100II? (Ipod adapter) and the rest of my system is stock SSL. It was a MItah adpater that my shop used, I'll try to get the exact part number you need, but all my speakers work including the sub. The sound quality improved because of the deck and ipod soungs sound as good as a CD, and better then Sirius.

EDIT: The part# is MITAH, the company who makes it is Peripheral

Last edited by GPTourer; Feb 14, 2007 at 08:14 AM.
Old Feb 14, 2007, 08:15 AM
Evolved Member

Thanks man, that would rock... I'm a few weeks out from ordering.
Old Feb 14, 2007, 08:18 AM
Evolved Member

No problem. For some reason Crutchfield thinks people will lose the sub when using an adapter too, I don't know if they offer the MITAH, but there is some misinformation going around and its not just at Circuit City.
Old Feb 14, 2007, 08:37 PM
Evolved Member

hey on ebay! 20shipped!....
Old Mar 12, 2007, 12:04 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by smp3000
Ok, so I went into circuit city (I know they're morons) today and was planning on getting this pioneer deck so I can do away with CD's and run my ipod instead.... Well they told me that the Evo SSL package makes it so that if they put in a new deck I would lose any sound to the subwoofer. They told me to go seach for some sort of part or new harness that would fix this problem.... Is this out there?

I searched on here already and didn't find anything becuase most of the time peopple just replace the sub... Well I don't have the $$ to do that. I just want to replace the deck to be ipod compatible and possibly have a separate subwoofer controller which this deck does:
http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Pione...oductDetail.do

Also will be retaining the stock amp.

Any advice? Is this doable or do I have to replace the sub?

I just got the exact unit 3 days ago...very nice i have mine hooked up with the IPOD connector...it controls the IPOD and IMO it sounds a lot better than the AUX jack.
Old Mar 12, 2007, 12:20 PM
Evolved Member

Got it installed last Saturday along with the MITAH converter to keep the factory sub and amp and it sounds WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY better than stock lol. Like not even comparible. The wife thought I got all new speakers as well. ahha

The IPOD functionality is great. I can control EVERYTHING from the remote so my hand doesn't have to touch anything on the consol. So far I love it!

As of now I have an IPOD mounter velcro'd onto the change compartment. I'll take a pic. Then when I get to work I just unplug- and then listen from where I left off in the car. it's great.
Old Mar 12, 2007, 01:06 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by smp3000
Then when I get to work I just unplug- and then listen from where I left off in the car. it's great.
That is a neat feature. Its something others might take for granted, but I wasn't expecting it at all.

My only problem is my Pioneer deck will "crash" every so often when I first turn the car on, and some of the stored settings will be gone and sometimes while driving and switching modes. I rarely listen to regular radio, so I'm not sure if those presets get lost or not, I'll have to check. But even still, the display settings, like title "Ever" scroll and that annoying flip flop negative text feature get changed. Its really no big deal considering the amount of things it can do, but I was curious if you notice any of that with yours.

Quick Reply: SSL package and replacing deck