Notices
Evo Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical systems, audio system upgrades, or alarm configurations.

EVO MR interior

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2007, 12:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Your whole interior is that light blue color? Sounds awfully aftermarket obvious looking.
Old Sep 4, 2007, 12:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Recaros , momo = cheap? Maybe if the dash was covered in walnut with an lcd showing the dual climate controls youd like it? Stop starring at the dash and watch the road and listen to the turbo spool!!
Old Sep 4, 2007, 12:47 PM
Evolved Member

i think the mr interior is good enough for what the car is. i am happy with mine
Old Sep 4, 2007, 12:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
lol, **** what were you thinking buying an evo man? think again! evo interior is crap same as exterior.

why evo interior is cheap made? to take it apart quicker! lol

I got manual windows! awwww and no power locks .. ahh crap damn and i paid 27k for the car!

Last edited by tweakdsm; Sep 4, 2007 at 12:51 PM.
Old Sep 4, 2007, 12:58 PM
Evolved Member

You know what, if you're going to buy the car, don't complain about it. You act as though someone forced you into buying a 35K car with cheap looking interior.
Old Sep 4, 2007, 01:54 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by slikdzigns
When Mitsubishi designed a 35k vehicle, they seemed to concentrate on everything accept the 'little things' like the dash. Most $35k cars have an interior that feels like money well spent, but the EVO seems to lack in this area. I feel like I'm looking at the dash of a Kia. Does anyone know of any manufacturers that produce interior upgrades to add that special "yes" to the dash. I already know of the double din mod, but what else, if anything at all is out there?
ive owened a bimmer once, to plush for me and im 39 years old. if lexus, bmw ect. ect would put a recaro interior in imagine how much that would cost them ie. audi rs4 with a recaro interior 74,000 plus . so to me 34,35.000 for a evo with that kind of interor is a bargain!
Old Sep 4, 2007, 01:59 PM
Evolved Member

if only it had better a/c (especially with a dark interior), radio, and cruise control... that would have made it just a little bit better to me... otherwise, its pretty good to me!
Old Sep 4, 2007, 04:23 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Rez90
You have to accept certain things about this car.......

I think of it as a $20k powertrain on a $15k car.........

It's the whole trade off thing. For you, it seems like you should look into a BMW, Audi, or even a VW for "finer" interior materials.........

Or, like the rest of us who love our evos for what they actually are........

you can just suck it up...........Nancy.
Not everybody likes the interior materials in the Evo and that's why ALOT of people make changes to their interiors. If you don't have to accept the stock performance of the car, I don't have to accept the interior of the car...The older you get, the more you appreciate a comfortable interior in a car... especially for a DD. People mod their evos in all sorts of ways because it suits their personal taste. We don't all have to look at the car as a $20k powertrain on a 15k car. I look it as a $35k package, and as a starting point. Everyone mods the performance and the looks of their car to get what they want out of it so why say we have to accept it the way it is. Unless you'r Evo is 100% stock your guilty of the same thing. There's nothing wrong with blessing your evo with a nice interior... It's not blasphemy... I stand by my statement.

I did own a BMW, but i traded it for my Evo.

And I got your nancy.....swingin.
Old Sep 4, 2007, 04:34 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by E\/0IXG$R
Not everybody likes the interior materials in the Evo and that's why ALOT of people make changes to their interiors. If you don't have to accept the stock performance of the car, I don't have to accept the interior of the car...The older you get, the more you appreciate a comfortable interior in a car... especially for a DD. People mod their evos in all sorts of ways because it suits their personal taste. We don't all have to look at the car as a $20k powertrain on a 15k car. I look it as a $35k package, and as a starting point. Everyone mods the performance and the looks of their car to get what they want out of it so why say we have to accept it the way it is. Unless you'r Evo is 100% stock your guilty of the same thing. There's nothing wrong with blessing your evo with a nice interior... It's not blasphemy... I stand by my statement.

I did own a BMW, but i traded it for my Evo.

And I got your nancy.....swingin.
I think you got everyone off on the wrong foot. A lot of us in here work hard just own an Evo. But you coming out and saying that part of it sucks , that isn't very cool and it's kind rough to the ears.

It would had been better if you would just ask us, what kind of modification have we done to our interior (dash, stereo and so on), because you want to make your interior more eye catchy.

You'll probably get more help and get to know how friendly and helpful we are if you would just to apologize or just restate your opening post.
Old Sep 4, 2007, 04:55 PM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
besides anybody who complains about the cheap interior of the evo would realize that they cannot afford it if mitsubishi turn it around and make it luxurious at the same time -so quit complaining
Old Sep 4, 2007, 05:08 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by tvbf1
I think you got everyone off on the wrong foot. A lot of us in here work hard just own an Evo. But you coming out and saying that part of it sucks , that isn't very cool and it's kind rough to the ears.

It would had been better if you would just ask us, what kind of modification have we done to our interior (dash, stereo and so on), because you want to make your interior more eye catchy.

You'll probably get more help and get to know how friendly and helpful we are if you would just to apologize or just restate your opening post.
I wasn't the one who started this thread, and I'm one of the people who works dam hard to own an evo, so I agree with you.

I simply agreed with the OP and gave him advice on what I did to make my Evo interior nicer. So then I was called out like I should accept the evo interior the way it is... or go get a bmw.... read the whole thread. I know some people on here are very helpful and friendly, and I try to help others here with advice too but I don't appreciate it when people on here talk trash and try to impose their opinions on others. That's it.
Old Sep 5, 2007, 12:53 PM
Evolving Member

Its your car do what you want with it. If you want a completely stock evo with a ballin interior go for it. If you want stripped down race car then do that. That is the beauty of it
Old Sep 5, 2007, 02:05 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by slikdzigns
When Mitsubishi designed a 35k vehicle, they seemed to concentrate on everything accept the 'little things' like the dash. Most $35k cars have an interior that feels like money well spent, but the EVO seems to lack in this area. I feel like I'm looking at the dash of a Kia. Does anyone know of any manufacturers that produce interior upgrades to add that special "yes" to the dash. I already know of the double din mod, but what else, if anything at all is out there?

gimme your car and gtfo plz
Old Sep 5, 2007, 04:39 PM
Evolving Member

Who evens thinks about a interior in a evo?

When u are banging through the gears spiking at 19-20 psi while hitting a 90 degree turn at 60+ mph who gives a flying funk if the interior plastic looks cheap?????
Old Sep 6, 2007, 07:36 PM
Evolved Member

I don't know...I happen to like my interior. I have leather, plush door pieces, and a sunroof. Yeah it's an SSL but it's still raw in nature. No cruise control, no power seats, and no navigation system. I like my interior but it's also very borderline. If I just had a standard 03-04 evo 8 then I would get very bored, very quickly.