Notices
Evo Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical systems, audio system upgrades, or alarm configurations.

EVO MR interior

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2007, 10:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TempeRacerGuy
We didn't buy the wrong car... we bought a car that has shortcomings.

Nearly everyone thinks this car has shortcomings...
Shortcomings in power; so they add things like turbo kits, exhausts, intakes, engine management
Shortcomings in handleing; so they add springs, struts, swaybars, bumpsteer kits
Shortcomings in apearance; so they buy body kits, carbon fiber add-ons, tint the windows
Shortcomings in Audio; so they add speakers, subwoofers, amps, headunits.

How is any of the above different than changing the interor?

None of you are purists... modifying your car in anyway... if you were, you wouldn't have purchased an Evo
If you wanted more power, sell the Evo and buy a vette
If you wanted better handling, sell the Evo and buy a lotus
If you wanted better apearance, sell the evo and buy (fill in your most beautiful car here)
If you wanted a Stereo, sell the evo and buy a sound room.

We all change the car to meet what we want... we buy the car as a base, and build it into what we want.
+5 what a great response!
Old Dec 31, 2007, 06:54 AM

Originally Posted by Bad Al
Looking at your sig, you thought the Evo power was lacking. Why didn't you buy a Vette? Probably because you could make the Evo what you wanted power-wise. How is this different from modding the interior?

AGREED!!
Old Dec 31, 2007, 08:54 AM
Evolving Member

i see wat your saying but ,, there's ways to make it better!!
Old Dec 31, 2007, 09:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 65 Posts
I still don't understand people that complain about the interior. The car was built for a purpose, and that purpose is NOT luxury. I could totally understand if the car was a Bimmer or Benz and it had a crap interior and people complained, since those are "luxury" brands. With a nicer interior, the price goes up (example: Evo X). We have an affordable, kick-*** sports car that does what it's meant to do damn well. A nice interior isn't going to help you on the track. Hell, it won't even help you while daily driving. Do you stare at your interior while on the freeway? I would hope not. There's not much that gets interaction while driving... the pedals, steering wheel, seat, shifter, mirrors, windows, and radio. All of those work well (only the radio is lacking, but I barely use it anyways). Mitsu gave us the necessities, and nothing more. The car doesn't need any more. They focused their money into making the car go fast. I mean seriously, WTF are you people expecting, some wood grain and leather wrapped interior pieces?

As far as the whole modification arguement, that little comment made by TempeRacerGuy was meh. Most people are VERY satisfied with the stock power, stock looks, etc. Upgrading rarely has to do with dissatisfaction. It has more to do with personal taste and personal wants. For instance, I am completely satisfied with everything about the Evo's stock power and handling. That doesn't mean I don't want to go faster. I like the Evo's interior. Doesn't have any unnecessary BS. It doesn't distract me from the road. That's the purpose of the Evo's interior... it's completely focused on driving and nothing else (most apparent in RS models). That's the way it should be for a car like this.

I lol'd at the people calling the non-complainers ricers, when they're the ones talking about color matching interior pieces (one of the epitomes of rice).
Old Dec 31, 2007, 10:04 AM
Evolving Member

IMO the IX interior is the best out of all the previous years