Notices
Evo Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical systems, audio system upgrades, or alarm configurations.

EVO MR interior

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2007, 07:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by hmsevo9mr
built for go not show.
+1
Old Sep 6, 2007, 07:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
That is the nature of the beast but if you really want to critize interior dashes and what not, then think of Ford's cheap plastic interior.

The Evo is like that for a reason, it is part of the hardcore performance "image"

Carlos
Old Sep 7, 2007, 06:16 AM

Originally Posted by DSMEVOLUTION
I don't know...I happen to like my interior. I have leather, plush door pieces, and a sunroof. Yeah it's an SSL but it's still raw in nature. No cruise control, no power seats, and no navigation system. I like my interior but it's also very borderline. If I just had a standard 03-04 evo 8 then I would get very bored, very quickly.

Yeah, the blue seats in the VIIIs suck (compared to the black in the IXs). But . . . . BFD the car f'ing rocks
Old Sep 7, 2007, 06:27 AM

What's the problem . Kick *** steering wheel . The tach is in the middle like it should be . The pedals are in the correct location . The shifter is adequate . The rest is filler . I will never understand the "luxury" interior thing . Maybe if more people drove their cars instead of playing with their : radio , cell phone , dvd , videogame , food , drink , smoking . The roads would be a LOT safer . The fast lane could actually be the fast lane . Sorry to rant and hijack , but if you want luxury why the hell did you buy an Evo . If you want status , buy a status car . If you want performance , well you get my thought process !?!?!?!?!
Old Sep 7, 2007, 06:31 AM

Originally Posted by E\/0IXG$R
Not everybody likes the interior materials in the Evo and that's why ALOT of people make changes to their interiors. If you don't have to accept the stock performance of the car, I don't have to accept the interior of the car...The older you get, the more you appreciate a comfortable interior in a car... especially for a DD. People mod their evos in all sorts of ways because it suits their personal taste. We don't all have to look at the car as a $20k powertrain on a 15k car. I look it as a $35k package, and as a starting point. Everyone mods the performance and the looks of their car to get what they want out of it so why say we have to accept it the way it is. Unless you'r Evo is 100% stock your guilty of the same thing. There's nothing wrong with blessing your evo with a nice interior... It's not blasphemy... I stand by my statement.

I did own a BMW, but i traded it for my Evo.

And I got your nancy.....swingin.

You're right. You're also probably the only person who knows what I'm talking about. This forum easily shows who the car enthusiasts are and who the ricers are. I have plenty of experience with the 4G63, but I don't hang around in parking lots on a saturday night either.

I think I am gonna go with the double din mod, but I have to figure out how and where to move that little metric gauge cluster. I love the car but when you say you love a car, you have to love the whole thing. A car is not just a powertrain unlike some here think. If it were they'd be offroad where the EVO was born and bred.
Old Sep 7, 2007, 06:39 AM
Evolved Member

if your ganna be so *****y and whine about the interior..go buy a rolls royce
Old Sep 7, 2007, 07:33 AM

I have to admit on feeling the same way sometimes, however nothing comes close for the $$$ spent when it comes to performance and handling.
Old Sep 7, 2007, 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by slikdzigns
You're right. You're also probably the only person who knows what I'm talking about. This forum easily shows who the car enthusiasts are and who the ricers are. I have plenty of experience with the 4G63, but I don't hang around in parking lots on a saturday night either.

I think I am gonna go with the double din mod, but I have to figure out how and where to move that little metric gauge cluster. I love the car but when you say you love a car, you have to love the whole thing. A car is not just a powertrain unlike some here think. If it were they'd be offroad where the EVO was born and bred.
I whole heartedly agree that the Interior of the Evo.. and the rest of the Lancers (until the 2008s came along) isn't that hot...

Someone stated that the Evo doesn't need a nice interior... uhm.. when the Evo X comes.. i'm sure the interior will be similar to the 2008 Lancer ES, GTS, and DE - sweet. What's the problem of making your car look nicer than it is.. inside and out right? Why not have everything - performance and looks (inside and out).

If the Evo was made for 'driving fast' only, why put subs in the car? why put a DVD deck inside? Why put an amp? It's a car.. not a home theatre right? .....

Truth is.. your car can be whatever you want to be...
Old Sep 8, 2007, 01:53 AM
Evolving Member

well i love the mr interior,it has everything i need and more,the car is for the racer type,with just enough luxury to feel good about the car.If your driving the evo,people know what you have it for.The name says it all,I was gonna buy the lexus myself,but it just didnt match my needs of what i wanted.I needed or wanted a four door car that I could drive during the week,and then on the weekend to bust some heads.If you dont like the interior, I mean u seen the car before u bought it.Should have bought something else,so all of us can blow by you lol.
Old Sep 8, 2007, 03:53 AM

I got the Best answer for you an EVO7.5 GT-A Dash

The best and cheapest answer is see if you can get your self a EVO 7.5 GT-A have a look at my dash i have installed a Lillput touch screen vga monitor runing GPS obdII dvd ect..... have a look at my picture
Attached Thumbnails EVO MR interior-dsc02293.jpg   EVO MR interior-dsc02285.jpg   EVO MR interior-dsc02289.jpg  
Old Sep 8, 2007, 05:28 AM
Evolved Member

Exclamation Stock Head Unit.. lol

Originally Posted by sauce4u
I mean u seen the car before u bought it.Should have bought something else,so all of us can blow by you lol.
Hahaha I like that..!

To the OP this is not a lexus okay.. if you care about that stuff then sell it.. I personally have an MR and is more than enough to suit my "luxury" needs in a RACE CAR.. cuz that's what the evo is.. a mean ***, raw power machine.. peace

Redline06 (Hang over the keys and think b4 you buy)
Old Sep 8, 2007, 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by gkarakio
The best and cheapest answer is see if you can get your self a EVO 7.5 GT-A have a look at my dash i have installed a Lillput touch screen vga monitor runing GPS obdII dvd ect..... have a look at my picture
Is that a cassette player???? [I do like the 7.5 GT-A's dash, though]
Old Sep 8, 2007, 08:32 PM

Casset player NO

Its not a casset player its a MD disc player but that no longer works asit is in jap and was a 3 peice stereo system which link the screen and dvd player all in one. I am thinking or remaking the centre dash with some short cut buttons for my dash and volume controls and maybe some tacho's
Old Sep 10, 2007, 04:01 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by gkarakio
wow, that is pretty radical.
Old Sep 10, 2007, 04:15 PM
Evolved Member

Can that VII interior be fitted into newer evos?