Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

which turbo timer?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2005, 11:55 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
which turbo timer?

i am still debating on which turbo timer to get. i did a search and have found a thread on this.

1. apex-i
2. greddy
3. hks
4. blitz

also, an issue will be the alarm. i plan to put a high end alarm system (maybe a viper) which will be compatible with the turbo timer, i plan to put an auto start on it too to heat up the engine before starting it. i am not more into calculating 1/4 miles laps with the turbo timer, just to cool off the engine. what do u guys think?
Old Feb 8, 2005, 12:54 PM
Evolved Member

Basically they all do the same thing, I got the Apexi TT and it works perfect. I also like the feature how it turns the car off when you drop the e-brake so no one can steal it.
Old Feb 8, 2005, 04:49 PM
Evolving Member

thanks sleet. any other comments before i grab one from the internet? ill be ordering one tonight, or if not, by tomorrow, after seeing more comments. thanks guys!
Old Feb 8, 2005, 04:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
turbo timers have to be compatible with security systems? im thinking of buying a viper too and i would like to find one compatible. please answer chizcwish's question everyone! =]
Old Feb 8, 2005, 07:04 PM
Evolving Member

well, most turbo timers have the e brake shutoff and basicly do the same thing.
some TTs you can set the time yourself, while others you can set for "optimal" idle time.
i like the Apex-i unit because its small, and can be mounted almost anywhere, but i chose to go with the Blitz Dual TT (not the FATT ::full auto turbo timer: because it is excepionally small and very narrow. its about as big as a 5 pack of chewing gum. with the optional wire harness, the hardest thing about installing the unit is running the boost preasure hose to the throttle body. yes, the DTT from blitz has a boost gauge in it (measures in Bar only).
there are tons of features with the blitz unit such as the auto timer, idle time depends on how much you have been on the throttle (its cool to watch as you accellerate fast and see the timer lengthen, then let off the gas, and watch the timer shorten)

it has a heavy and light mode too. 1min 50sec for every hour you drive the car in heavy mode, and 50sec for every hour in light mode.

after looking at ALL of the turbo timers out there, i chose the blitz because it does the most FUNCTIONAL things, and is very small (seperate controll box installs under the dash)
and you can get it in black or silver. you cant choose colors on most other units.

if you go to www.overboost.com and call them tomorrow, ask for david. you can tell him jack with the Evo from oregon, reffered you. and he might even throw in a sticker too! he did that for me! lol i am VERY happy with the www.overboost.com store as they have never let me down with service or price!
Old Feb 8, 2005, 08:12 PM
Evolved Member

what viper alarm system are you going with that lets you have a TT?
the one I wanted to get wont let me
Old Feb 8, 2005, 08:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I've got an APEXi Turbo Timer and have had no problems with it, I chose to go with this turbo timer for it's small and compact size.
Old Feb 8, 2005, 08:31 PM
Evolving Member

I have the HKS type-0. Does exactly what its supposed to do. Not much more to say than that. I think you have to pick which brand/design/features you like the most, because they all work just the same.
Old Feb 8, 2005, 08:33 PM
Evolved Member

I have the Blitz DTT DCII, it has a dual timer, lapt timer, boost gauge w/ peak boost.....
Old Feb 8, 2005, 09:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
/\ i have the same but not the boost etc the lower model would rather have a boost gauge but mine has worked awsome get that with the plug and play harness 20 min install!
Old Apr 15, 2005, 08:10 AM
Account Disabled

SO the The BLITZ® DTT (Dual Turbo Timer) does NOT display PSI? Damnit....