Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Mail In Flash

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2007, 02:18 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow Mail In Flash

I am looking for the best mail in flash available. I really like what I've heard from the Works P2 Brainflash, Dynoflash, and Jestr. Can anyone tell me if they have any of these flashes, or the one you think is the best? Thanks for all replies.
Old Mar 14, 2007, 02:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
any of them, the best mail in is kinda an oxymoron, it's going to be a little bit hit or miss.

If you want the best tune, find a tuner that has a dyno and get it done =p

Good luck, any of those people will be fine though.
Old Mar 14, 2007, 03:15 PM
Evolved Member

dynoflash
great stuff!!!!!
Old Mar 14, 2007, 03:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
I used Jestr, can't complain... great price, car runs smoother, very little knock and has a map for everything !
Old Mar 14, 2007, 03:32 PM
Evolved Member

well i started off with a base flash, from AL of dynoflash, car ran very well. just last week he came back to south florida and i got a costum flash. the car is running great. pulls hard, runs smooth. i have no complaints.
Old Mar 14, 2007, 04:46 PM
Evolving Member

awesome, thanks for the info! I was going to send my ecu to Dynoflash, until I recently heard about WORKS. I spoke with Kirk over at WORKS, and he told me a brainflash might benifit me more than the others out there, because the BrainFlash P2 is very safe and there is no need for a boost controller. Anyone with some info on the WORKS BrainFlash P2?
Old Mar 14, 2007, 04:52 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by MyEvoRocksUrv8
awesome, thanks for the info! I was going to send my ecu to Dynoflash, until I recently heard about WORKS. I spoke with Kirk over at WORKS, and he told me a brainflash might benifit me more than the others out there, because the BrainFlash P2 is very safe and there is no need for a boost controller. Anyone with some info on the WORKS BrainFlash P2?
I've used the P2 flash for more than 2 years with 13 trackdays..Never had a problem..But mine was a semi custom tune..I don't really know what how mail in flashes work since every car is different...
Old Mar 14, 2007, 05:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I obviously prefer Dynoflash and have shown how fast one can go on a Dynoflash (mail-in) while also showing great longevity despite tons and tons of racing. If you want a flash from someone who has tuned thousands of Evos, has hundreds of mail-in flash combinations saved, and who has tons of Evos on the road right now with multiple years on the same flash, then Dynoflash is a great choice.

Jestr is a good choice, but I would not recommend a Works brain flash.
Old Mar 14, 2007, 05:16 PM
Evolving Member

Don't get a flash that is the worst possible kind of tune you can get. How can you possibly think that your Evo will react to a tune the exact same way another Evo would? That's like going to a doctor and saying "Hey Doc, I have what that guy has, can you give me the exact same operation?"
Old Mar 14, 2007, 05:17 PM
Evolved Member

I would recommend Jestr. Great to communicate with. Dynoflash is a little hit or miss on the customer service/response front.
Old Mar 14, 2007, 05:18 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MONSTARR
Don't get a flash that is the worst possible kind of tune you can get. How can you possibly think that your Evo will react to a tune the exact same way another Evo would? That's like going to a doctor and saying "Hey Doc, I have what that guy has, can you give me the exact same operation?"

I really hope you are kidding. The worst possible tune is no tune ya tard.

Jestr works with you to get a base that fits your car, not just some one elses map.
Old Mar 14, 2007, 05:30 PM
Evolved Member

jestr period.
Old Mar 14, 2007, 05:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by MONSTARR

That's one of the most ignorant things I've seen written on this forum. The vast majority of us have flashes...
Old Mar 14, 2007, 05:38 PM
Evolved Member

Go with the Jestr tune. Stray from dynoflash unless you like supporting rude and ****ty customer service.
Old Mar 14, 2007, 05:39 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
That's one of the most ignorant things I've seen written on this forum. The vast majority of us have flashes...
+1