Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Ebay intercooler testing from the Pros at Buschur Racing....the facts, the truth

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2007, 08:05 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by Warrtalon
Not sure what that means, and if it's a reference to Brokeback Mountain, then it makes no sense.
I think he was trying to hint at the implied man-love expressed between you and DB (and possibly Al).

Now remember, don't kill the messenger
Old Mar 28, 2007, 08:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by riceball777
is it me or am i also the only one that see how rediculeous high some of these companies are charginf for their intercoolers
i mean with that kind of money your better off geting precisions intercooler which even cost less than some of these outragious price vendors are charging for their intercoolers
Outrageous? How about spending 8k for a turbo upgrade on a B5 s4, or ~1400 in ICs?

Pricing is all relative IMO, and BR offers parts that PERFORM for a very competitive price. How many other vendors sell turbo-kits for 3k that actually perform and how many come with customer service and support?

The proof is in the pudding and with 600whp being so "ordinary" now days on evom, I doubt you will find any xs power ic's on them. If you want run the XS power FMIC thats fine, but I'll use parts that have been proven time and time again.
Old Mar 28, 2007, 08:18 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
I'm surprised riceball777 spent an outrageous amount of money on an automobile like the Evo when he could have purchased a Honda Fit for much less. Or a '72 Buick Electra convertible.
Old Mar 28, 2007, 08:20 PM
Evolving Member

well here we are on Page8

A summary for those who dont feel like reading

Dave created the most standardize test within his power. And showed that the ebay core does not dissipate heat at an acceptable rate. Showing a large jump in ending temp in a single run. His race intercooler on the other hand showed nominal increase in a secession of dyno runs, thus proving its ability to dissipate heat.

Daves test WAS NOT DESIGNED TO SHOW:
False Data, all data was presented
HP capacity, the test was for heat dissipation
Flow rates, no air flow sensors where used
Anything about the stock core, there is no test data here....you want the data do another test yourself

What does this conclude? Bushur's core dissipates heat better.

The rest of the thread consisted of a bunch of finger-in-ear 3rd grade tantrums screaming "NAH UH"

The test was done to make The average buyer consider the following

Is his core worth the $? Maybe not

Can you buy a core for less than his? again maybe not

Is the ebay core capable of dissipating heat at the same rate as a properly designed core?.......a sound, and solid....no

btw...i own an ebay intercooler,

do i think it works better than the stock cooler?

sure do

Do i suffer delusions that it works better than a well designed one?

nope

Nice job Dave
Old Mar 28, 2007, 08:21 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 05-EVO-GSR
1. A fool and his money soon part ways. Just because it came from ebay it does not mean it is junk. It sounds like a case of sour grapes because you need to justify why you paid so much to gain so little.

2. There are certain parts that you need to spend the money on and there are other parts that are not necessary.

3. Figures you would spend up to $6K for a turbo kit because you suffer from sour grapes syndrome. You are a salesman's wet dream. You keep the EVO community alive and well.

4. Yay for Buschur Racing! Their $609 + tax +shipping more expensive super dooper racing intercooler is only 1% better than the EBAY junk.

You obviously owned a 1st GEN eclipse before this and still use the same throught process...

1) i dont have to justify how i spent my money, because i purchase alot of stuff slightly used if i can "excluding suspensions, turbos, and minor fuel things" Its not how much you gain, its how much you don't lose think before you speak

2) that is correct, and a "PRODUCTIVE" part is something you should spend more money if it is going to show positive gains or help to not lose the power and be inefficient then purchase the better part... (I could see buying a CF arm rest or a CF heat shield on ebay, because it is what it is, and quality is sacrificible becuase it is a NON PRODUCTIVE part.)

3) You probably would go out and buy that sweet MR manifold and put a sweet ATP turbo kit on it right? ? ? ( I enjoy watching videos of cars like yours at the track or on a dyno getting LOW HP numbers and then get on here and say "my tuner was crappy" or "it was hot outside" makes me feel all the more accomplished)
I am not a salesmans best dream, but I am not a cheapo either.. I understand that i did purchase a $30+ K car and would like my car to perform to the maximum ability.

4) 1% my ***.. it raised 59.4 degrees.. made 10 less HP at 2 more PSI... Last time i checked, when you raise the PSI your HP goes up

Face it buddy, you dont know how to mod your evo... plain and simple, not trying to be ignorant, but while you are out getting your stencils from joanne fabrics spray painting your FAKE AMS on your FMIC think about the paint just dripping off while you get all that heat soak
Old Mar 28, 2007, 08:30 PM
Evolved Member

Interesting results. Glad I decided to save a my money to get the Race FM.

Wow! this bickering is great. Way to ruffle the feathers of all the anti Buschur people Dave. It's amazing how quick they are to bash you. What would they do if you didn't post on EVOm at all and just kept it to your site? Jarrod would probably slap the biatch ban on them when they try to e-thug on your tests/parts/pricing/.

Anyways, keep up the good work Dave. You've come along way in this business and I see that continuing for some time.
Old Mar 28, 2007, 08:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bottom line if you dont like his tests dont buy the intercooler. No need to fuss here he was just providing data and he has his loyal customers who will always buy from him no matter what people say about an Ebay intercooler. Go buy a precision intercooler like someone else stated earlier if you feel Buschur is robbing you, it uses a garrett core also like Buschur and AMS and it is cheaper and you will probably get close to the same results as buschurs intercooler but it costs 595.00Buschurs may be still slighty better than precisions, same core, but cast endtanks vs sheetmetal who knows that is a whole other tests. It is like everytime Buschur posts the thread goes 40pages because of the back and forward food fight.
Old Mar 28, 2007, 08:37 PM
Evolved Member

Interesting result...now i need to upgrade my stocker to ARC.
Old Mar 28, 2007, 08:38 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by atlvalet
I think he was trying to hint at the implied man-love expressed between you and DB (and possibly Al).

Now remember, don't kill the messenger
LMFAO .
Old Mar 28, 2007, 08:40 PM
Evolving Member

on a gt35r that extra 2 psi could be equivlant to maybe 2hp. im just guessing giving a total loss of 30hp.
Old Mar 28, 2007, 08:44 PM
Evolved Member

Its like these people have some sort of personal stock in Ebay, the knock off intercoolers, or both....

If you think the ebay intercooler better, if you think Buschur is lying, if you think Buschur is over-priced, why do you feel the need to make it your crusade to down him in a thread that had a proper test conducted with validated numbers? Just buy your Ebay intercooler and call it a day.

Are you that interested in helping other people? Or do you just want to argue with one of the most recognized 4G63 related shops on the US? If you guys are that much about helping others, there are other avenues that are much more deserving of your time...
Old Mar 28, 2007, 08:45 PM
Account Disabled

i would like to see some numbers on a smaller turbo.....im running one on my stocker but i would never consider this fmic on anything larger than a 20g......
Old Mar 28, 2007, 08:53 PM

Id like to see results on smaller turbo as well.

Buschur is obviously superior at higher levels but how does the deluxe compare to the race?
Old Mar 28, 2007, 09:00 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Tristar Racing
Its like these people have some sort of personal stock in Ebay, the knock off intercoolers, or both....

If you think the ebay intercooler better, if you think Buschur is lying, if you think Buschur is over-priced, why do you feel the need to make it your crusade to down him in a thread that had a proper test conducted with validated numbers? Just buy your Ebay intercooler and call it a day.

Are you that interested in helping other people? Or do you just want to argue with one of the most recognized 4G63 related shops on the US? If you guys are that much about helping others, there are other avenues that are much more deserving of your time...

Dave's done more for the evo community than anyone else that i can recall.
I just don't get the hate toward Dave's work all he has done is broken records and brought new innovations to the evo market
Old Mar 28, 2007, 09:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
WOW I got to post 38 and stopped right there .

Its just to bad that you ebay lovers only read what you want to

"But Dave your cooler is $600 more, and the ebay cooler is good for us with stock turbos"

Dramha Dramha Dramha

Thanks Dave, I knew that spending the extra money before this test was ever done or proly thought of for that matter was worth my $$$.

Come back tommarrow and tune into... As the Evom turns

Quick Reply: Ebay intercooler testing from the Pros at Buschur Racing....the facts, the truth