Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

My HTA dyno results (more boost)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2008, 08:08 AM
EvoM Administrator

Received 135 Likes on 81 Posts
Originally Posted by crcain
I'm always confused about Dyno Dynamics dyno results because I never know if they are the ones that are trying to read like Dynojets or not.

In the UK that power would be thought to be around 680 hp at the crank.

Why does Dyno4mance not include the data at the bottom of the sheet for the run like a sheet like this does?

http://www.lancerregister.com/attach...postid=1397336
That's a shootout graph. If it was in that mode, it would have made well over 600HP.

This dyno reads about 15% lower than a Dynojet.
Old Jan 15, 2008, 08:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
That is just Awesome Power on a DD Dyno! SICK!! What RPM are you shifting at?
Old Jan 15, 2008, 08:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Right at 7500.
Old Jan 15, 2008, 09:11 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Noize
That's a shootout graph. If it was in that mode, it would have made well over 600HP.

This dyno reads about 15% lower than a Dynojet.
You couldn't be more wrong. Have you ever read what Shootout mode is or what it is for? All the UK Dyno Dynamics operators use shootout mode. And it has been proven several times by taking an engine from an engine dyno, into a car, and onto a DD that 24% is a good estimate to convert from Shootout power at the wheels, to engine flywheel power.

LT1 sorry to go slightly off-topic in your thread. I bet your 2.3 HTA is the bomb. I just wish I had a better orientation of how to compare DD results like this to others.

By the way LT1... your spoolup looks terrific in the dyno graph. Any chance you could log a 3rd and then a 4th gear pull on the road so we could all see how the spool is on the road ofthe 2.3 + HTA combo?

I have spoolup results for 2.4 + HTA and I would love to see yours to compare. If I recall, I make 30 psi by 4500 in 4th.
Old Jan 15, 2008, 09:28 AM
Evolved Member

OK, I have to wait until I get a replacement pipe comes in. I blew it off halfway home on the highway messing around driving home from ATL.
Old Jan 15, 2008, 09:31 AM
Evolved Member

I might have 2.3+ HTA info for you shortly.

Scorke
Old Jan 15, 2008, 10:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by LT1runner
Right at 7500.
Cause in the video it does should like you are short shifting it. I shifted my FP green at 7500.. Is your bottom end stock?
Old Jan 15, 2008, 11:51 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Freddy302
Cause in the video it does should like you are short shifting it. I shifted my FP green at 7500.. Is your bottom end stock?
No, the motor is a 2.3ltr. So my RPMs won't be that high.
Old Jan 15, 2008, 12:35 PM
Evolved Member

We have very similar setups. 2.3, ported head, TBE, MAF-T Pro. The only major differences are I have the 3065 and HKS 272s. I would be interested in seeing how our torque curves compare using something like DataLogLab. The absolute numbers don't mean much, but the shape of the curves should tell a lot. It seems that the HTA 35r has the midrange of the 3065 and the top end of the 35R. Maybe I need to upgrade.

-Paul
Old Jan 15, 2008, 01:35 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by PVD04
We have very similar setups. 2.3, ported head, TBE, MAF-T Pro. The only major differences are I have the 3065 and HKS 272s. I would be interested in seeing how our torque curves compare using something like DataLogLab. The absolute numbers don't mean much, but the shape of the curves should tell a lot. It seems that the HTA 35r has the midrange of the 3065 and the top end of the 35R. Maybe I need to upgrade.

-Paul
This thing comes on so fast. I say go for the upgrade man. You will not be sorry. You see where I'm getting 20 psi at, and the curve is fat. I don't think I have the exception to the rule. Buschur would be in that catagory. I'm a reg. weekend warrior guy. The power the turbo made at 27 then 26 psi at the end of the curve is awesome.
Old Jan 15, 2008, 01:43 PM
Evolving Member

nice power... ur about 5mph short on the 1/8th
Old Jan 15, 2008, 01:50 PM
Evolved Member

Nice job. I am trying to get rid of my 3065 for this upgrade. The difference is that i run race gas daily around 30psi and a EMS so i should see some nice gains. I really like this turbo and what it puts out thus far. dont get me wrong, meth is great but im not the biggest fan since i can afford race gas which will put down more power.

2.3 HTA+30-35psi=
Old Jan 15, 2008, 01:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
You couldn't be more wrong. Have you ever read what Shootout mode is or what it is for? All the UK Dyno Dynamics operators use shootout mode. And it has been proven several times by taking an engine from an engine dyno, into a car, and onto a DD that 24% is a good estimate to convert from Shootout power at the wheels, to engine flywheel power.

LT1 sorry to go slightly off-topic in your thread. I bet your 2.3 HTA is the bomb. I just wish I had a better orientation of how to compare DD results like this to others.

By the way LT1... your spoolup looks terrific in the dyno graph. Any chance you could log a 3rd and then a 4th gear pull on the road so we could all see how the spool is on the road ofthe 2.3 + HTA combo?

I have spoolup results for 2.4 + HTA and I would love to see yours to compare. If I recall, I make 30 psi by 4500 in 4th.
from what i have read about dd shoot out mode is that the numbers are like a dj dyno which is higher then the dd runs in other modes....
shootout mode was developed by Dyno Dynamics primarily to eliminate "Operator Technique" and as a tool for measuring horsepower accurately and CONSISTENTLY for ALL Dyno Dynamics dynos with Shootout accreditation. All dynos with Shootout accreditation have been calibrated the same accross the board, and should not vary more than 1% when comparing between Dyno Dynamics dynos.
Old Jan 15, 2008, 03:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I can name a number of DD's in the UK... WRC Tech, Scoobyclinic, The Racing Line, and many more. All run in Shootout mode, full stop. Never seen one dyno chart posted that was not run in this mode.

A bone stock Evo 8 I think runs about 210 hp atw.

Totally maxed out stock turbo IX's run about 300 hp atw I think.

I believe that makes DD's run in Shootout mode the lowest reading dyno when compared to Mustang and Dynojet.
Old Jan 15, 2008, 05:00 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 135 Likes on 81 Posts
First, I said this dyno reads 15% lower than a Dynojet in the mode it is displayed in on LT1runner's car. Meaning that if a stock Evo IX makes 255whp at a Dynojet, it will make around 220whp at Dyno4mance. And I'm pretty sure I have over 1000 pulls tuning my car and others on this exact same dyno. It is located in Calhoun, GA. Its an AWD Dyno Dynamics in standard mode, and the owner does not correct the numbers to read like a Dynojet as some other shop owners in the USA have been tempted to. A stock Evo IX will make around 220whp in standard mode and 285ish in shootout mode. To us, shootout mode is typically about 7-10HP off of crank HP. Shootout is not "Estimated Flywheel horsepower" in the Dyno Dynamics software for a reason. It doesn't say "Estimated flywheel horsepower when you add an additional 24% in the software.

LT1runner's car should make around 585whp on a Dynojet and well over 600 in shootout mode. What is shootout mode for? Its an "estimated flywheel" number and is also not able to be manipulated by the dyno operator as standard mode is.

In the end, the flywheel number shouldn't matter, because the dyno is a tuning tool, not a bragging tool. Cheers.

Quick Reply: My HTA dyno results (more boost)