Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

My HTA dyno results (more boost)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2008, 05:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by crcain
I can name a number of DD's in the UK... WRC Tech, Scoobyclinic, The Racing Line, and many more. All run in Shootout mode, full stop. Never seen one dyno chart posted that was not run in this mode.

A bone stock Evo 8 I think runs about 210 hp atw.

Totally maxed out stock turbo IX's run about 300 hp atw I think.

I believe that makes DD's run in Shootout mode the lowest reading dyno when compared to Mustang and Dynojet.
sorry but your wrong
Old Jan 15, 2008, 06:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The spool on this turbo is amazing
Old Jan 15, 2008, 07:58 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by reactionevo8
sorry but your wrong
If you read the literature about Shootout mode.. it says nothing about flywheel estimates. So what you are saying is contrary to DD's own copy.

Secondly, I can post to you literally hundreds of Shootout 44 graphs which are ATW power as posted on the MLR.

I just wish a DD operator in the states would get off his *** and call the company they bought the 100k dyno from and ask them why every DD operator in the UK used Shoutout 44 mode. And trust me, DD won't be saying it is a flywheel estimate. To say there is a mode in what is likely the best dyno system out there that only spits out a flywheel estimate is ridiculous.

DD more than anyone respects the fact that the only thing it knows is at the wheel power.

It is no coincidence that the shootout graphs list all the variables like intake temp on the bottom of the graph. Put an intake temp probe near an exhaust manifold and see what results you get. Shoutout mode prints this data on the graph so there is no mystery to how the number was arrived at.

Last edited by crcain; Jan 15, 2008 at 08:00 PM.
Old Jan 15, 2008, 08:22 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nice man
Old Jan 15, 2008, 08:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
If you read the literature about Shootout mode.. it says nothing about flywheel estimates. So what you are saying is contrary to DD's own copy.

Secondly, I can post to you literally hundreds of Shootout 44 graphs which are ATW power as posted on the MLR.

I just wish a DD operator in the states would get off his *** and call the company they bought the 100k dyno from and ask them why every DD operator in the UK used Shoutout 44 mode.maybe the uk guys just like the higher numbers shootout mode produces,i guess it would explain why the cars over there produce enormous amounts of power yet do not perform at the drag strip And trust me, DD won't be saying it is a flywheel estimate. To say there is a mode in what is likely the best dyno system out there that only spits out a flywheel estimate is ridiculous.

DD more than anyone respects the fact that the only thing it knows is at the wheel power.

It is no coincidence that the shootout graphs list all the variables like intake temp on the bottom of the graph. Put an intake temp probe near an exhaust manifold and see what results you get. Shoutout mode prints this data on the graph so there is no mystery to how the number was arrived at.
you are confusing me with another guy,i never said anything about flywheel...all im stating is generally shootout mode reads higher then standard mode(depending on how the operator calibrates the dynoin standard mode) and that shootout mode is just a mode used so that you can have comparable numbers between dd dynos at different locations since they all read within 1% of each other when in that mode...k thnx bye

Last edited by reactionevo8; Jan 15, 2008 at 08:49 PM.
Old Jan 15, 2008, 08:57 PM
Evolved Member

I just wish a DD operator in the states would get off his *** and call the company they bought the 100k dyno from and ask them why every DD operator in the UK used Shoutout 44 mode. And trust me, DD won't be saying it is a flywheel estimate. To say there is a mode in what is likely the best dyno system out there that only spits out a flywheel estimate is ridiculous.

I think you can hang that up man. Shops that don't and won't do it, will not change the way they do things to aline themselves with any other shop in the US,much less shops in the UK. It is what it is.
Old Jan 15, 2008, 09:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Reading the literature and actually operating the dyno are two different things. Noize is most likely not lying when he tells you he has 1000 pulls on one. I do all of my own tuning at this particular dyno as well and I concur with what he is saying.
That's great that everyone across the pond uses the shootout mode. This particular shop doesn't unless you ask for it. In all instances SO mode reads much higher than a standard uncorrected graph.
The owner of this shop is a high and mighty on this brand of dyno as anyone you will meet. He happens to be Brittish as well. He has a complete understanding of what SO is for and he chooses not to use it. If this dude made 517 on Andrews dyno he is doing something.
Old Jan 16, 2008, 06:10 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Drifto
If this dude made 517 on Andrews dyno he is doing something.
That is part of my point. In the UK, as I have said, it has been proven that 24% is a realistic figure for arriving at flywheel power from the DD's in Shootout 44 mode to the engine dyno. Now if we just use that figure, that gives us:

517 / .76 = 680 hp at the crank

Now if you guys want to believe LT1 is running that much power at less than 30 psi, on pump + meth, at an AFR in the 10's... I'm sorry, it just does not make sense.
Old Jan 16, 2008, 06:12 AM
Evolved Member

That is part of my point. In the UK, as I have said, it has been proven that 24% is a realistic figure for arriving at flywheel power from the DD's in Shootout 44 mode to the engine dyno. Now if we just use that figure, that gives us:

517 / .76 = 680 hp at the crank

Now if you guys want to believe LT1 is running that much power at less than 30 psi, on pump + meth, at an AFR in the 10's... I'm sorry, it just does not make sense.
So do you think that too much power or not enough for those figures? And if so, why? I'm just trying to understand your train of thought.

Not saying it is, but the .76 maybe the wrong factor to use, I don't know.
Old Jan 16, 2008, 06:20 AM
Evolved Member

Track times will tell the story 95mph in the 1/8 assuming you pick up strong in the back end 30mph would be close to 500whp. Which is where I would think the car is at anyway we'll have to wait to see you run a full 1/4 though.

Dynos are for tuning purposes only not comparing.
Old Jan 16, 2008, 06:28 AM
Evolved Member

I'm not sure I can put any better evidence than the following...

Here is a thread off MLR.. GT35 + 2.2l car... mapped on engine dyno, then shortly after brought to a DD roller. If you only look at the page 1 and page 5 you can see the results. Approximately 24% diff between the two figures and... what do we have here? The DD was run in Shootout Mode.

http://www.lancerregister.com/showth...hreadid=140934

Here is another thread. Notice the DD operator posts estimated flywheel graph, and also ATW graph. Both display in Shootout Mode.

http://www.lancerregister.com/showth...hreadid=151911
Old Jan 16, 2008, 06:34 AM
Evolved Member

I'm thinking 680 at the crank is a lot for less than 28 psi with pump and meth. In the link above you will see a GT35R car running 2.5 bar on VP Import make 556 ATW on a DD.

I know comparing dynos is hard, but the reality is we all do it every day in trying to make decisions on what parts and part combinations to buy.
Old Jan 16, 2008, 06:35 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jasil
Track times will tell the story 95mph in the 1/8 assuming you pick up strong in the back end 30mph would be close to 500whp. Which is where I would think the car is at anyway we'll have to wait to see you run a full 1/4 though.

Yes but do you mean 500 whp DJ, DD, or Mustang
Old Jan 16, 2008, 06:40 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jasil

I think a better driver would get a better et/MPH than me in my car in the 1/8th.
Old Jan 16, 2008, 06:47 AM
Evolved Member

I'm thinking 680 at the crank is a lot for less than 28 psi with pump and meth. In the link above you will see a GT35R car running 2.5 bar on VP Import make 556 ATW on a DD.

I know comparing dynos is hard, but the reality is we all do it every day in trying to make decisions on what parts and part combinations to buy.
But that's tunning. I think we have in prior threads noted a huge difference between the UK and the US as far as tunning EVOs. We have two standards. US and UK. You have to figure out which standard you want to go with. I see you racking your brain when it doesn't seem to you that the two places arrive at HP figures differently. You're trying to make them eqaul when they are not. I can understand trying to find some sort of level playing field, but it could be that there isn't one. Drag times can tell, but even that's turned upside down to the drivers that are like the guy that drove Buschur's car(amoung the best) vs. drivers like me(not so good).

Or the HTA35R is the bomb

Last edited by LT1runner; Jan 16, 2008 at 07:26 AM.

Quick Reply: My HTA dyno results (more boost)