Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

I just replaced my broken Oil Feed Banjo Bolt and got this???

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2009, 06:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question I just replaced my broken Oil Feed Banjo Bolt and got this???

Hi all!

I broke the stock Banjo Oil Feed bolt that mounts at the right side of the Head..

My stock Banjo bolt had a VERY big opening in the center for the oil to feed through..

I am thinking that Mitsu possibly designed the Banjo bolt to make it sturdier so that it wouldn't be so easy to break.. When they did it, they made the banjo hole to allow oil to pass through.. smaller? I am just wondering if this bolt is okay to use?

I ordered through Russell at Mitsu on here.. and he claims that every one that replaces that broken Banjo.. He sends this one to.. And this is the factory part number.. He has never had any questions regarding the difference in the OEM banjo oil feed bolt and this one though.. so I thought I would post. Please help me!!!

Here is a pic of the new one.. The old one is broken and I threw it away already.. If any one has a picture of the stock one with large opening, please post it up!

Thanks again!!!
Old Feb 12, 2009, 07:59 PM
Evolved Member

bump any one?
Old Feb 12, 2009, 09:25 PM
Evolved Member

It is a little smaller but I wouldnt worry about it. If you ever look at a 35r, look at the -an reducer going into the turbo. The whole is at least half the size. The turbo will be fine and get plenty of oil. I will post pictures after i pull my turbo off this weekend.
Old Feb 13, 2009, 08:54 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Celica2EVO
It is a little smaller but I wouldnt worry about it. If you ever look at a 35r, look at the -an reducer going into the turbo. The whole is at least half the size. The turbo will be fine and get plenty of oil. I will post pictures after i pull my turbo off this weekend.
Thanks man! Any one else?
Old Feb 13, 2009, 09:24 AM
Evolved Member

When oil is pushed through that hole it is under pressure, whether the hole be smaller by say a couple of mm and or 1 cm, will most likely have no adverse or harmful affects on your car. If you are that paranoid about it your only option would be to drill out the hole slightly larger say a couple of mm and or a cm.
Old Feb 13, 2009, 10:11 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Don't see anything wrong with that bolt. I replaced couple of them and opening looks fine to me. Also as was mentioned before if u have ball bearing turbo u should use oil reducer which has at least 3 times smaller opening than one in your bolt.
Old Feb 13, 2009, 01:14 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks guys!
Old Feb 13, 2009, 01:22 PM
Evolved Member

Its not going to be a problem. You are going to have to run a restrictor on the BB turbo anyway which is way smaller then the hole in the banjo bolt.

Chris
Old Feb 14, 2009, 09:14 PM
Plat Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
If you want I will gladly pull all the banjo bolts we have and take some pictures next week if you would like. Just let me know. I need to do a lot of updating anyways so this is a needed task.
Old Feb 15, 2009, 07:39 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Celica2EVO

Thats because dual ball bearing turbos need alot less oil. But to the OP, that banjo bolt will work fine.