Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

smoke coming from exhaust

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2009, 09:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
smoke coming from exhaust

my car was throwing alot of smoke from my exhaust even when it just stood there idleling i took it to a shop and they got everything replaced but the weird thing was nothing was wrong with my pistons or my rings . so i got everything replaced and everything was cleaned for 3 days i had the car till it started to do it again i dont know what it is can it be my turbo????? its throwing alot of oil through the dipstick which makes it pop out with all the compression when i gun itt. i havent gone fast on it or anything,, cause i know i have to break it in.. he also told me i had a small leak on the turbo can that be the cause of all this problem need help please
Old Mar 3, 2009, 09:48 PM
Evolving Member

Did you overfill your oil? And is the smoke more excessive than it has been normally?
Old Mar 3, 2009, 09:49 PM
Evolved Member

not sure about ur specific case but when i had a mazdaspeed6 that thing would churn out smoke at idle...sign of the turbo goin. i hope this is not your case tho. mechanic said all the rings as seals were good? interesting...
Old Mar 3, 2009, 09:51 PM

the oil is good .... its where it needs to be... yeah they changed my pistons and my rings and well my rods are the same cause the are forged eagle rods but the changed everything,,, but the smoke it throws its with little particles of oil through the exhaust and its still the same after the new setup they did... and well he did say i had a leak on my turbo and taht just to watch out cause the oil can go through my intercooler then to my engine to my pistons
Old Mar 3, 2009, 09:52 PM
Evolved Member

your crank case has too much pressure. look into a PCV delete and then just vent the barb on the right side of the valve cover. I had the same thing happening when my catch can plugged up.

if that doesnt fix it, then your turbo is going out.
Old Mar 3, 2009, 09:56 PM

alright man ill do that thanks
Old Mar 4, 2009, 07:57 AM
Evolved Member

my money is on the turbo
Old Mar 9, 2009, 09:11 AM

so i took of the oil cap to check my oil and the oil was milky looks bad and i had just changed the oil on it do yall still think it can be my turbo
Old Mar 9, 2009, 09:23 AM
Evolved Member

ugh thats not good blown headgasket perhaps.
Old Mar 9, 2009, 09:39 AM

well i just recently got the pistons,head gaskets, new i just bought them and got them put on and my heads cleaned and re surfaced...
Old Mar 9, 2009, 09:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jrmav32
well i just recently got the pistons,head gaskets, new i just bought them and got them put on and my heads cleaned and re surfaced...
Head gasket?? Just because its "New", doesn't mean it was installed correctly IMO. you see oil droplets/contamination in the Antifreeze? What does the oil on the dipstick look like?
Old Mar 9, 2009, 10:23 AM

sounds to me like your pcv isn't working correctly. +1 to the guy who spoke about the mazdaspeed6 smoking at idle, i have one and it did this but i switched to a heavier oil and it went away, although this isn't your problem, at least i dont think. for your dipstick to be blowing out there has to be to much pressure in your crankcase, it might be that your pcv is stuck open.
Old Mar 9, 2009, 07:44 PM

well thats true but its still doing the same problem it did before i took it to the shop.. the oil in the dip stick looks milky not clear and not black or dark bron its like a light brown color.. the antifreeze color is well yellow green.. you think i craked my block by any chance or cracked my head??
Old Mar 9, 2009, 09:44 PM
Evolving Member

i would say turbo is going, what it sounds like to me, did you check it all over?? Just read some more of what you wrote, WOW if the oil is milky then the Head Gasket is blow, really, Pull the dipstick if its milky well its blown, I have seen it before on my car, take a pic and PM me that its up and I will take a look. Check other areas to be leaking fluid anywhere.

Last edited by DIDYSIS; Mar 9, 2009 at 09:47 PM.
Old Mar 9, 2009, 09:51 PM
Evolving Member

Yeah I agree with the turbo going, that sux man.

Quick Reply: smoke coming from exhaust