Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Project Buschur double Magnaflow Quiet Exhaust

Old Jul 15, 2009, 11:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Great write up! This is going to be my choice for exhaust thank you sir.
Old Jul 15, 2009, 11:58 AM
Evolving Member

OP, did you take a look at their 3 chamber muffler?

http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/s...e=main&id=8175
Old Jul 15, 2009, 12:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by C.Gonzalez
Great write up! This is going to be my choice for exhaust thank you sir.
Thanks.

Actually if any of you guys have different exhaust systems and dislike how the Buschur Magnaflow looks in the rear. You could just get the Vibrant widebody for the rear and magnaflow in center setup. This way you wont have that hanging canister look, but I like how the Buschur magnaflow looks. And if you already have the bullet center you can just put a vibrant in the rear. You wont be dissapointed with that either, since I'm fairly certain you guys are not more sensitive to exhaust loudness as I am.

As for just a bullet + Magnaflow combo I've never heard it in person before. But it seems like its on the decent side according to this video clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxrvpQCfLCQ

Originally Posted by vletnguyen
OP, did you take a look at their 3 chamber muffler?

http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/s...e=main&id=8175
Yes I have seen that muffler before when I was researching. I chose not to use it because I want this to be a full straight flow through setup with absolutely no chambers, neck downs or restrictions of any kind.
Old Jul 15, 2009, 04:24 PM
Evolved Member

nice thread, i definitely want to get a "quite" buschur set up and would like some help. i originally had the bullet set up with the race pipe which was loud, but i didnt mind it until now. i will be purchasing a new system from them and want the best performance and least sound i can get. i dont want to lose power on a set up but also dont want it as loud as my bullet set up was. right now i was thinking about doing the bullet exhaust with the sd muffler at the race pipe section. does the magnaflow set up hurt performance compared to the bullet? what would you guys suggest for the ultimate power/low sound set up?
Old Jul 15, 2009, 04:27 PM
Evolved Member

Hell, if I lived in Morton Grove/ Niles, I would also be looking for a quiet exhaust that delivered.

They are simply the worst.
Old Jul 15, 2009, 04:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by BluEVOIX
I cant say for sure. It depends on how long your downpipe is exactly. The muffler case diameter is 6" and the case length is 14". Check to see if those demensions work with your setup.
Thanks for the response man...ill look into it...I would love for a setup like this to work with my QTP downpipe so I can take that damn HFC off that and still be relatively quiet...
Old Jul 15, 2009, 04:38 PM
Evolved Member

Any sound clips?
Old Jul 15, 2009, 05:32 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TwStDeVo
nice thread, i definitely want to get a "quite" buschur set up and would like some help. i originally had the bullet set up with the race pipe which was loud, but i didnt mind it until now. i will be purchasing a new system from them and want the best performance and least sound i can get. i dont want to lose power on a set up but also dont want it as loud as my bullet set up was. right now i was thinking about doing the bullet exhaust with the sd muffler at the race pipe section. does the magnaflow set up hurt performance compared to the bullet? what would you guys suggest for the ultimate power/low sound set up?
The Magnaflow does not hurt performance. Its a straight flow through perforated muffler.

As for the SD and Bullet setup, It depends on how quiet you want it. But I dont think that would be a quiet setup.

Ultimate power and ultimate lowest sound is what I did.

Originally Posted by revvin9k
Hell, if I lived in Morton Grove/ Niles, I would also be looking for a quiet exhaust that delivered.

They are simply the worst.
LOL, Actually I never had problems with my exhaust system and cops. I just like to be really quiet and I actually feel embarrassed if I have a loud exhaust. It makes me feel like I'm a little kid/"ricer" looking for attention. I rather accelerate in pure silence, thats what motivates me to do this.

Originally Posted by URBANRCR
Any sound clips?
Not yet. My camera phone sound really sucks. I'll see if I can make a video with a camcorder. But it will take some time to get done.
Old Jul 16, 2009, 03:51 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 95 Likes on 82 Posts
Originally Posted by metal4all6
Interesting. I have the Buschur TBE with bullet muffler and HFC. I want to get rid of the HFC, but don’t want my car to become much louder. If I put a bullet muffler where the HFC is, would this be about on par with my setup now in terms of loudness? Thanks
The bullet muffler muffles about the same as a 3" metallic bullet cat. The Buschur Catco cat muffles a noticible bit more than those. I've run all of them.
Old Jul 16, 2009, 08:57 AM
Evolved Member

BlueEvoIX,

thanks for the response, i think i might go with the buschur magnaflow and sd muffler set up or possibly your set up if there is enough room. i have the buschur downpipe which i think has a 2 bolt flage hook up, does your other magnaflow connect this way?

another question i had is i saw on buschur's site that the magnaflow will rust over time since its not stainless steel, do you think it would be ok or a good idea to maybe spray the muffler with rustoleum thats used for BBQ grills etc (high temp)?
Old Jul 16, 2009, 09:58 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TwStDeVo
BlueEvoIX,

thanks for the response, i think i might go with the buschur magnaflow and sd muffler set up or possibly your set up if there is enough room. i have the buschur downpipe which i think has a 2 bolt flage hook up, does your other magnaflow connect this way?

another question i had is i saw on buschur's site that the magnaflow will rust over time since its not stainless steel, do you think it would be ok or a good idea to maybe spray the muffler with rustoleum thats used for BBQ grills etc (high temp)?

The magnaflow I bought only comes with 3" extended tubes on each side. I used one end to slip over the buschur catback and the other end I had a 2 bolt flange welded on to connect to the downpipe. The catback and downpipe are still left un touched and any time I want I can swap in a buschur cat or etc.. without modfying. Basically my magniflow is a direct swap in.

As for the rusting issue. I read that on their website as well, so what I did was I bought Rustoleum Engine Enamel spray and coated both mufflers. Its a clear coat that can withstand up to 500 F. I got mine from Auto Zone (auto parts store) you dont necessarily need the BBQ grill spray that withstands up to 1200+ temps because that section of the exhaust wont get that hot unlike the exhaust manifold or o2 housing.

Last edited by BluEVOIX; Jul 16, 2009 at 10:01 AM.
Old Jul 16, 2009, 05:57 PM
Evolved Member

Video Clips added.

We used my friends cell phone.

I also played some music for you so you can compare it to my stereo. At first I raised the volume to 23 then slowly turned it down to 14 just so you get an idea of how quiet the exhaust is. Notice how loud the music sounded compared to the exhaust.

Idle, rev to 2-2.5k and drive off.
http://s169.photobucket.com/albums/u...t=MOV01355.flv

Normal driving and comparing to sound system.
http://s169.photobucket.com/albums/u...t=MOV01357.flv

WOT 1-2-3
http://s169.photobucket.com/albums/u...t=MOV01358.flv

More normal driving a bit of traffic.
http://s169.photobucket.com/albums/u...t=MOV01359.flv

2-step set at 5750 rpms
http://s169.photobucket.com/albums/u...t=MOV01360.flv

I had to edit my post because I had the bass really high and in my computer it sounded really bassy than the video recorded.

Last edited by BluEVOIX; Jul 16, 2009 at 06:23 PM.
Old Jul 16, 2009, 06:30 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks for the videos! That really is quiet!
Old Jul 16, 2009, 06:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Does anyone know who makes the bullet muffler, and where to get it? I'd like to add a second bullet muffler where the test pipe is on my car.
Old Jul 16, 2009, 06:50 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by metal4all6
Thanks for the videos! That really is quiet!
Thanks!!

Originally Posted by dsevo
Does anyone know who makes the bullet muffler, and where to get it? I'd like to add a second bullet muffler where the test pipe is on my car.
I dont know who makes it exactly, but Buschur is who sells it. Contact Jrod@buschur and he will be able to set you up with what you need.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Project Buschur double Magnaflow Quiet Exhaust