Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Project Buschur double Magnaflow Quiet Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2009, 07:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by BluEVOIX
Thanks!!

I dont know who makes it exactly, but Buschur is who sells it. Contact Jrod@buschur and he will be able to set you up with what you need.
I'd like to know who makes it so I can just buy the muffler and weld it into my test pipe. I'm sure its an off the shelf muffler just like the magnaflow that they sell. I'm gonna guess that it is a relatively inexpensive muffler.
Old Jul 16, 2009, 07:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by BluEVOIX
After helping a friend put a boost gauge in his 2001.5 Audi S4 wagon, I was amazed at how much sound deadening material/carpet that car had. Even on the firewall in which our car lacks for sure. I think I might get some of those sound materials and add it in to see if I can block some of the engine bay noises and any extra noises of the exhaust.
hahaha, that my friend is the difference between a luxury brand vehicle and........well mitsubishi

Take a look at the 09 TL, I swear it has 1" of material for sure in some places on the floor... and that is not an exaggeration
Old Jul 19, 2009, 08:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Great thread, glad the car is finally as quiet as you want it

dsevo, the bullet muffler is NOT an off the shelf muffler that entire muffler was designed/built for us and is not available from anywhere but us. So you'll be stuck buying it direct from us if you want it, sorry. It's also NOT cheap to make. It's pure 304 grade SS including the packing inside.
Old Jul 19, 2009, 09:02 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 95 Likes on 82 Posts
I just installed a BR bullet muffler in the test pipe location. I was shocked by how light it was for its size. My straight pipe with a 4" diameter bullet cat welded in was heavier than straight pipe with the BR bullet muffler welded in.
Old Jul 19, 2009, 09:03 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by davidbuschur
Great thread, glad the car is finally as quiet as you want it

dsevo, the bullet muffler is NOT an off the shelf muffler that entire muffler was designed/built for us and is not available from anywhere but us. So you'll be stuck buying it direct from us if you want it, sorry. It's also NOT cheap to make. It's pure 304 grade SS including the packing inside.
OK, it was worth asking. Can you PM me the price for just the muffler to 92592, or do I have to buy the whole test pipe? Thanks.
Old Sep 20, 2009, 05:23 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OP, are there any ground clearance issues with the 6" round muffler? Are you lowered? Do the 4" and 5" round mufflers offer significantly less sound deadening? Would adding more mufflers continue to lower the sound level? Would this hurt performance?
Old Sep 20, 2009, 05:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by mfr122887
OP, are there any ground clearance issues with the 6" round muffler? Are you lowered? Do the 4" and 5" round mufflers offer significantly less sound deadening? Would adding more mufflers continue to lower the sound level? Would this hurt performance?
^^good questions...+1...
Old Sep 20, 2009, 07:51 PM
Evolved Member

Dave -- Have you tested this Magnaflow (part #13259) muffler http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/s...e=main&id=8184 ? I am considering adding this to my setup to get rid of the drone....I would like to try an offset muffler (intake/exhaust) with internal baffling and this seems to offer both...
Old Sep 20, 2009, 10:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

I am riding on stock height and I have no ground clearing issues with the 6" muffler. But at the same time I did remove the stock catalytic converter underbody heat shield. I dont know if it will clear that shield because I removed that a long time ago.

I do believe that adding more mufflers would further lower the sound level. But the problem is there is not enough space to do that.

As for hurting performace, ask your self does a 3" pipe with tiny holes around the wall hurt any more performance than a 3" pipe with no holes?

The only way an exhaust will get hurt from being quieter is possibly on high horsepower cars 600+. And the logic behind that is those cars are pushing a lot of exhaust pressure. The sound wave helps push the exhaust out and by muffling the wave your taking away some of the pressure waves that help move the exhaust out.

If I'm not mistaken Buschur tested his SD muffler + magnaflow combo and only saw a max 3 hp difference on his 500+whp car.....
Old Sep 21, 2009, 08:03 AM
Evolved Member

BlueEvoIX -- Did you ever try an offset and baffled muffler ? I believe that would provide far superior noise cancellation to a straight through design...
Old Sep 21, 2009, 03:59 PM
Evolving Member

I am afraid of ground clearance issues since I am lowered. Do you think a 5" round will be significantly less effective than a 6" round?
Old Sep 21, 2009, 07:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by cij911
BlueEvoIX -- Did you ever try an offset and baffled muffler ? I believe that would provide far superior noise cancellation to a straight through design...
The point of this was to make a straight flow through that was quiet. If I wanted to make it quiet with no restrictions I would have most definately done the baffled muffler. I think the one your referring to is the Magnaflow one correct?

I am afraid of ground clearance issues since I am lowered. Do you think a 5" round will be significantly less effective than a 6" round?
I dont have an answer to that. It might or might not. As for the clearance, this does clear the floor by a good amount. I'll double check in a couple days on how much clearance it actually has.
Old Sep 21, 2009, 07:44 PM
Evolved Member

Yes, I am referring to Magnaflow (part #13259) muffler http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/s...e=main&id=8184 ? I am considering adding this to my setup to get rid of the drone....I would like to try an offset muffler (intake/exhaust) with internal baffling and this seems to offer both...
Old Oct 6, 2009, 09:54 PM
Evolved Member

My car is slammed! I'm doing the Magnaflow 14419 4" polished round where the cat would go, Magnaflow 14219 5 X 9 x 14" oval in the rear with a Magnaflow 35206 3.5" Tip.

Parts are ordered and we'll see how it sounds real soon! Currently I'm rocking the Buschur Bullet with the Race Pipe... To LOUD!
Old Oct 6, 2009, 10:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by dambikeracer
My car is slammed! I'm doing the Magnaflow 14419 4" polished round where the cat would go, Magnaflow 14219 5 X 9 x 14" oval in the rear with a Magnaflow 35206 3.5" Tip.

Parts are ordered and we'll see how it sounds real soon! Currently I'm rocking the Buschur Bullet with the Race Pipe... To LOUD!
Awesome...thats pretty much exactly my setup...But I am running a HFC now but want to swap it out for the magnaflow muffler...Keep us updated on how it goes!

Quick Reply: Project Buschur double Magnaflow Quiet Exhaust