Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Project Buschur double Magnaflow Quiet Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2019, 10:38 AM
Evolved Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Here is my varex exhaust for sale
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/market/752603
Old Feb 7, 2019, 12:55 PM
Evolving Member

Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts
The RRE stealth, I believe, came with louvered or straight through perforated resonators. The straight through version is the louder one people talk about (Deep low frequency bass), which I have. Added a Varex muffler with fabricated axle back piping and it drones pretty bad depending on situation/weather. Ill put up more info soon.

Project Buschur double Magnaflow Quiet Exhaust-photo315.jpg

Last edited by iD33; Feb 7, 2019 at 04:55 PM.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 07:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 233 Likes on 209 Posts
I'm talking to a local shop to build an exhaust for me, especially with RRE being apparently up to their necks in building these exhausts.

Curious - where do you guys source the exhaust hangers - the actual pole part that is welded on to the exhaust? There's 2 under the car and one long one that attaches to inner wheel well on the passenger's rear?

basically the plan right now is the run a vibrant ultraquiet resonator, then a long bottle resonator, then the magnaflow 12259 (which is what RRE) uses. this should basically be similar to RRE's exhaust, and hopefully quieter than my dual muffler & no resonator setup now

Last edited by kyoo; Feb 11, 2019 at 11:48 AM.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 01:51 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,322 Posts
Exhaust hanger material is just 1/2" rod bent to fit. Your exhaust shop should be able to handle that..
The following users liked this post:
kyoo (Feb 11, 2019)
Old Feb 11, 2019, 01:55 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by letsgetthisdone
Exhaust hanger material is just 1/2" rod bent to fit. Your exhaust shop should be able to handle that..
got it - ok. wasn't sure if it was something special. should be good to go here, hoping for the best with this new setup. if not absolutely quieter, it will be close and drone will be killed compared to my current setup.
Old Feb 12, 2019, 06:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by kyoo
got it - ok. wasn't sure if it was something special. should be good to go here, hoping for the best with this new setup. if not absolutely quieter, it will be close and drone will be killed compared to my current setup.
As noted earlier RRE is not as quiet as people think. Depending on how quiet your current setup is, RRE might actually be louder.

Someone a while back brought an interesting point that perhaps an oval muffler with offset might be quieter than center in center out.

Example offset:

Example Center In Center out:

So the theory is, the offset perforated tube interferes slightly with the exhaust sound wave path to possibly be more affective at suppressing sound. Imagine the sound wave/pulses flowing straight and hitting the offset/angle of the perforated tube. It might slightly cause a reflection effect to cancel noise, allow different frequency waves to get muffled etc.... As apposed to just a center in/out which relies solely on expanding sound waves hitting and slightly passing through the perforated tube to get muffled etc...

Having said that , you might have other factors playing a role as well such as sound suppressing material type, density, overall size of the muffler etc...
Old Feb 12, 2019, 06:39 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by BluEVOIX
What exhaust/mufflers are you running now ?

As noted earlier RRE is not as quiet as people think. Depending on what you have RRE might actually be louder.

Someone a while back brought an interesting point that perhaps an oval muffler with offset might be quieter than center in center out.

Example offset:

Example Center In Center out:

So the theory is, the offset perforated tube interferes slightly with the exhaust sound wave path to possibly be more affective at suppressing sound. Imagine the sound wave/pulses flowing straight and hitting the offset/angle of the perforated tube. It might slightly cause a reflection effect to cancel noise, allow different frequency waves to get muffled etc.... As apposed to just a center in/out which relies solely on expanding sound waves hitting and slightly passing through the perforated tube to get muffled etc...

Having said that , you might have other factors playing a role as well such as sound suppressing material type, density, overall size of the muffler etc...
my current set up is a tanabe dp to 200cell cat to 3" pipe (buschur) to magnaflow 14419 (3" straight thorugh, 4"x14" long cylinder muffler) to finally a magnaflow 12219 (3" straight 5x8x14 oval, center/center).

After seeing some vids, I'm thinking instead of dual resonator, maybe I should do the ultra quiet resonator right after the cat (earlier the better apparently for drone), then do the 14419 muffler that I have, before finally using the 12259 (3" straight 5x8x18 oval, offset/center). As stated, the 12259 is what RRE uses. Offsets also are a slightly longer path as well. Much longer than my current setup on top of that.

Anyway according to the vids, the sooner up a resonator is, the better, and a second resonator won't do anything. Maybe then it's better to run the dual magnaflows, so vibrant ultraquiet resonator, 14419, 12259.

Basically, adding the ultraquiet resonator + a muffler that is offset & 4" longer than what I have. Should be a little quieter at least. Biggest downside? Prob heavier than stock lol
Old Feb 12, 2019, 06:48 PM
Evolved Member

ok i'm looking at under the car pics - is there any reason i can't fit a 5x11 under there?

magnaflow 14589

https://www.magnaflow.com/products?partNumber=14589

lolol i'm going for it - 5x11 is enormous lmao but i think based on my pics of my exhaust it will fit, especially in offset mode. i bet it's heavy as **** though
Old Feb 12, 2019, 08:21 PM
Evolved Member

ok guys sorry for the multiple postings - i think it's settled

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...lots-pics.html

based on the info from this thread, on p3 there was a guy who fit an even bigger magnaflow under the car - but based on the pics that still work, i should easily be able to fit the bigger 5x11x22 magnaflow (14589) under the car. Then I'll have the dual resonator setup, I think that will be fine vs the dual muffler
Old Feb 13, 2019, 01:50 PM
Evolving Member

Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts
ok guys sorry for the multiple postings - i think it's settled

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...lots-pics.html

based on the info from this thread, on p3 there was a guy who fit an even bigger magnaflow under the car - but based on the pics that still work, i should easily be able to fit the bigger 5x11x22 magnaflow (14589) under the car. Then I'll have the dual resonator setup, I think that will be fine vs the dual muffler
Curious how this setup turns out. Good luck!
The following users liked this post:
kyoo (Feb 13, 2019)
Old Feb 16, 2019, 01:32 PM
Evolved Member

what if the part number of the rubber hanger that goes in the passengers side wheel well
Old Feb 22, 2019, 09:29 AM
WOT

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I went with the 12578 offset/offset & couldnt be happier with the sound. I was rushing doing the work & wished I had the muffler sit up higher. to lazy to re-do. iwill add a few pics in a minute
Old Mar 25, 2019, 09:07 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by WOT
I went with the 12578 offset/offset & couldnt be happier with the sound. I was rushing doing the work & wished I had the muffler sit up higher. to lazy to re-do. iwill add a few pics in a minute
do you have pictures of the fitment? my shop is saying the 14589 won't fit, which is the same length
Old Mar 26, 2019, 10:21 AM
Evolved Member

new plan. I'm going to use the vibrant ultraquiet, the bottle style resonator i have after that, the round muffler that's currently in place, and swap the back with the 12259 (5x8x18)
Old Mar 26, 2019, 07:51 PM
Evolving Member

Received 38 Likes on 36 Posts
I'm talking to a local shop to build an exhaust for me, especially with RRE being apparently up to their necks in building these exhausts.

Curious - where do you guys source the exhaust hangers - the actual pole part that is welded on to the exhaust? There's 2 under the car and one long one that attaches to inner wheel well on the passenger's rear?

basically the plan right now is the run a vibrant ultraquiet resonator, then a long bottle resonator, then the magnaflow 12259 (which is what RRE) uses. this should basically be similar to RRE's exhaust, and hopefully quieter than my dual muffler & no resonator setup now
You can just use 1/2 rod as LGTD stated, but Vibrant does make actual exhaust hangers that have the nipples on the end to keep the hanger from sliding off. Pretty pricey though:
Amazon Amazon
Amazon Amazon

Quick Reply: Project Buschur double Magnaflow Quiet Exhaust