Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

many problems....car wants to stall when using clutch in traffic and reverse

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2010, 08:50 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
many problems....car wants to stall when using clutch in traffic and reverse

hey everyone i recently got my car checked out because of the many problems it seemed to have but this one still wont go away.

-first off it doesn't want to make any more power and i know the bbk full has a lot more in it

-i thought the "almost" stalling could be from a vacuum leak but i had it tested and everything was straightened out and it still does it

-we initially thought the head gasket was wearing but once my tuner checked it out he said everything was fine(no overheating, coolant overflow stays the same level.

-the car also makes kind of a popping noise at a cold start and sometimes with warm starts it doesn't want to start and has a hard time turning over

what else could this stalling be from? i heard there is something with the tephra v7 that can cause this maybe?

thanks!
Old Jul 19, 2010, 12:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks like its been over two weeks with no reply's; Have you figured out whats going on yet?

If not, there's a couple of things I can think of:

First thing you should do is try to flash the stock ROM back. If that doesn't work, its most likely a mechanical issue. If it was an all of a sudden thing you could need spark plugs, the MAF may be dirty, may have leaky fuel injectors, or skipped timing. Any enigne codes?
Old Jul 19, 2010, 09:03 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
what BOV are you using? may want to run it a bit tighter if its adjustable. I know it shouldn't matter if its recirc' but on my car it made a difference