Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

So you have Meth Injection.. Are your pistons also cracked??

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2010, 05:23 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Svendiesel
Hey listen bud not everyone is so fortunate to have an E85 pump every 50 feet, in NJ we have one place that apparently sells it and thats just not doable
If i lived in NJ i would get 5 Barrels and drive and fill them.. When i was down to 1 i would fill the next 4 again.. I would NEVER run race gas or meth with what E85 has proven to do..

Mike
Old Jul 6, 2010, 05:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I wish I could do that, Id love to be able to run E85. I have thought about the barrel thing, my one friend is doin it...but he has 3 other cars that are his to drive. My evo is my daily and only car and I cant be drivin around and get stuck without gas. I drive a lottttttt. To school, to work, hang with friends, then home. I typically put about 110 miles on a day. Sure I could do map switching, but then its a pain in the butt to drain the tank every time I wanna go back to E85. Plus I have no way of conveniently getting barrels and filling them every time I need fuel, I dont have a truck and getting a friend to help would be a pain. Plus then theres storage of the barrels, which I cant really do because my garage is very small.

I suppose I could do it somehow, run a normal 93 map and then switch to an E85 map when I need some more power. I really need to think about it. Its definitely possible, just not very convenient. Neither is another blown motor I guess tho
Old Jul 6, 2010, 05:35 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 57 Likes on 44 Posts
Even if NJ had it (E85) at every station, the guy who pumps the fuel (as per state law) would probably refuse on the grounds that you don't have a flex fuel vehicle and he doesn't want to be held responsible. You'd probably have to go out of state anyway!
Old Jul 6, 2010, 05:37 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hmm, this is making me consider having my Aquamist HSF-1 removed...I've had it in there for almost a year now. I don't really use my meth all that often though...Do you recommend that I have it removed?
Old Jul 6, 2010, 05:37 PM
EvoM Guru

I typically put about 110 miles on a day...
Consider a spare car for your daily driving. That is a far cheaper alternative to the rapid devaluation and wear and tear you are accruing on a daily basis.
Old Jul 6, 2010, 05:39 PM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by GinNBoost
Hmm, this is making me consider having my Aquamist HSF-1 removed...I've had it in there for almost a year now. I don't really use my meth all that often though...Do you recommend that I have it removed?
Consider selling it or converting it to water injection. So long as you are using an M15 nozzle and have a decent ignition, it's fairly effective.
Old Jul 6, 2010, 05:41 PM
Evolving Member

Is it hard to uninstall it? I brought it to Ivey to have it installed and tuned...but this thread is really starting to make me worry. My nozzle is tapped into my UICP also...I suppose that the UICP just be plugged? My car doesn't even have 30K miles on it and I don't want to give it a premature death.
Old Jul 6, 2010, 05:42 PM
Evolved Member

meth on a evo x with a fp red is the difference between 380 whp on 25 psi and 415 whp on 25 psi simply to the amount of timing advance I was able to throw in it with the cooler IAT's and meth mixture.

Also, all my spark plugs are the same color, incase that gives you any idea to the amount of meth getting to every cylinder.

So far, so good, for me. had it running for 20k miles now.
Old Jul 6, 2010, 05:44 PM
Former Sponsor

I wish I could do that, Id love to be able to run E85. I have thought about the barrel thing, my one friend is doin it...but he has 3 other cars that are his to drive. My evo is my daily and only car and I cant be drivin around and get stuck without gas. I drive a lottttttt. To school, to work, hang with friends, then home. I typically put about 110 miles on a day. Sure I could do map switching, but then its a pain in the butt to drain the tank every time I wanna go back to E85. Plus I have no way of conveniently getting barrels and filling them every time I need fuel, I dont have a truck and getting a friend to help would be a pain. Plus then theres storage of the barrels, which I cant really do because my garage is very small.

I suppose I could do it somehow, run a normal 93 map and then switch to an E85 map when I need some more power. I really need to think about it. Its definitely possible, just not very convenient. Neither is another blown motor I guess tho
Like i tell my customers.. Where there is a will there is a way.. Many of customers that dont have E85 in their area have pump gas maps to switch to when they are in a jam.. You could even run 93 without switching maps if you had to and limp around til you get more.. We have done that on occasion as well..

Mike
Old Jul 6, 2010, 05:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Ted B
Consider a spare car for your daily driving. That is a far cheaper alternative to the rapid devaluation and wear and tear you are accruing on a daily basis.
I have! The problem is this. A: I cant fit another car in my driveway between mine, my moms and my dads cars. And youre not allowed to park a car on the street in my town over night and you cant get a permit to do so. B: I cant really afford to put another car on the insurance between all of my other monthly payments. Its not that Im living paycheck to paycheck, but adding on another car will definitely weaken me a lot. Especially onced I start school again, money gets tighter.

Even if NJ had it (E85) at every station, the guy who pumps the fuel (as per state law) would probably refuse on the grounds that you don't have a flex fuel vehicle and he doesn't want to be held responsible. You'd probably have to go out of state anyway!
Eh yea I usually pump my own tho, most of the stations Ive ever gone to they do let you pump it yourself if you ask and usually if they see you have a nice car theyll let you do it. They wouldnt know either whether or not my car was a flex fuel specific one because they usually cant even speak english.

Last edited by Svendiesel; Jul 6, 2010 at 05:48 PM.
Old Jul 6, 2010, 05:46 PM
Former Sponsor

That does happen on occasion here too.. Some stations dont allow it.. However in this economy in FL at least most of them dont care..

Mike
Old Jul 6, 2010, 05:48 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by AWD Motorsports
If i lived in NJ i would get 5 Barrels and drive and fill them.. When i was down to 1 i would fill the next 4 again.. I would NEVER run race gas or meth with what E85 has proven to do..

Mike
already thinking about doing it, there are NO e-85 pumps in maine...good news is im going to jax shortly for a few years
Old Jul 6, 2010, 05:48 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by meat_EVO
meth on a evo x with a fp red is the difference between 380 whp on 25 psi and 415 whp on 25 psi simply to the amount of timing advance I was able to throw in it with the cooler IAT's and meth mixture.

Also, all my spark plugs are the same color, incase that gives you any idea to the amount of meth getting to every cylinder.

So far, so good, for me. had it running for 20k miles now.
Well the X we just did made 460 on Pump with Red and 515whp with E85 and its as safe as you can get for a high performance vehicle..

Cyl#1 regardless will NEVER see an equal amount of meth unless you have a direct port setup.. You cannot judge by the plugs alone...

Mike
Old Jul 6, 2010, 05:50 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by AWD Motorsports
Well the X we just did made 460 on Pump with Red and 515whp with E85 and its as safe as you can get for a high performance vehicle..

Cyl#1 regardless will NEVER see an equal amount of meth unless you have a direct port setup.. You cannot judge by the plugs alone...

Mike
460 on straight pump? what other suporting major mods? Just curious.. cams im sure.

and are you talking about the guy that moved to VA? and had the mishap whit his BR built motor?
Old Jul 6, 2010, 05:51 PM
Former Sponsor

I have! The problem is this. A: I cant fit another car in my driveway between mine, my moms and my dads cars. And youre not allowed to park a car on the street in my town over night and you cant get a permit to do so. B: I cant really afford to put another car on the insurance between all of my other monthly payments. Its not that Im living paycheck to paycheck, but adding on another car will definitely weaken me a lot. Especially onced I start school again, money gets tighter.

Eh yea I usually pump my own tho, most of the stations Ive ever gone to they do let you pump it yourself if you ask and usually if they see you have a nice car theyll let you do it. They wouldnt know either whether or not my car was a flex fuel specific one because they usually cant even speak english.
I hate to sound like a broken record but if you cant afford insurance on the 2nd car a new motor is not going to fit your budget either.. Imagine C. The car blows from using meth and you have no 2nd car.. Now the situation becomes even worse.. Just thnk about it buddy..

Mike

Quick Reply: So you have Meth Injection.. Are your pistons also cracked??