Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Build Jacks Transmission,TeamRip OR Shep????Help!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2013, 07:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Original crack as received from jacks right out of the box . ,, SECOND PIC AFTER ATP TURBO WELDED IT UP AS A TEMP FIX . Notice the smashed parts and thread Jack must have been having a bad day that day. and had a hammer close by. or it was a monday. I think the reason he did this was because i had waited a month then i emailed them asking how was everything ..then continued to email weekly for updates on status . they must have gotten annoyed by my weekly emails that they fuc!ed my shi! up , either that or he had his new employee he talked about have his first go on my trans. . i didnt even get this FUC!ed up trans until over 2 months of waiting .. HEY JUST MY PERSONAL HONEST EXPERIENCE DO WHAT YOU WANT.
Attached Thumbnails Build Jacks Transmission,TeamRip OR Shep????Help!-huawei-pics-vids-030.jpg   Build Jacks Transmission,TeamRip OR Shep????Help!-huawei-pics-vids-052.jpg  

Last edited by dsm6382; Apr 27, 2013 at 08:22 AM.
Old Apr 27, 2013, 08:19 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Jqku0nHpGk

Old Apr 27, 2013, 08:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
To the original OP, there is ALWAYS two sides to a story. In this case I would agree with dsm6382 because I have ACTUALLY dealt with TRE and Jacks. My buddy bought a Jacks STAGE 2 trans for the tune of something like $1000 recently after sending in I think it was 4 extra cores on a pallet. The transmission currently has something like 700miles on it, and from the FIRST DAY it was installed 1st gear along with reverse will grind when going directly in from stop. We have adjusted the clutch numerous times and replaced his master cylinder and slave as good measure. I love hearing all the nice things TRE has to say about Jackstrans and Shep, he really breaks it down for you when comparing quality. Jack has got to to the point where he is saying something about flywheel step height now and its bs because the flywheel is in and cannot be measured easily. The flywheel was new in my buddies ACT stage 3 clutch/flywheel kit. Now I have dealt with TRE personally and bought products from him, my favorite and most important so far being my TRE fully built rear diff. So far no issues what so ever and the break in is going great! I think Buschur sells great quality proven and tested products, claiming 9 second times with a stage 1 rebuild deserves a second look and I would be willing to bet if he uses Shep then Shep products must be decent also, TRE says otherwise but I know alot of it is competition. I think Shep has the biggest name around the mitsu crowd and his prices show that unfortunately, very high and overpriced for what he does with his transmissions IMO. I think like someone else mentioned before, there is good, great and best transmission companies none being ****ty and Im sure they have all released ****ty products at one time or another. It is about resolving those ****ty examples in a timely manner is what makes the best company stand out. I think Jack sent my buddy a half *** built tranny but honestly I think we will stay away from now on and go with proven TRE (in my case)
Old Apr 28, 2013, 05:00 AM

Wow seems like Jacks is whack! This has got to be the third big thread I have seen of car owners having complaints about this shop.

Last edited by ceegutta; Apr 28, 2013 at 05:39 AM.
Old Apr 28, 2013, 05:06 AM

Originally Posted by DBallz
And in NY. Raif trannys are better then sheps
Raif is a great guy. I went with Raif also,he will also be tuning my Dsm.
Old Apr 29, 2013, 03:08 PM
Gold Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by mitsubeastlee
To the original OP, there is ALWAYS two sides to a story. In this case I would agree with dsm6382 because I have ACTUALLY dealt with TRE and Jacks. My buddy bought a Jacks STAGE 2 trans for the tune of something like $1000 recently after sending in I think it was 4 extra cores on a pallet. The transmission currently has something like 700miles on it, and from the FIRST DAY it was installed 1st gear along with reverse will grind when going directly in from stop. We have adjusted the clutch numerous times and replaced his master cylinder and slave as good measure. I love hearing all the nice things TRE has to say about Jackstrans and Shep, he really breaks it down for you when comparing quality. Jack has got to to the point where he is saying something about flywheel step height now and its bs because the flywheel is in and cannot be measured easily. The flywheel was new in my buddies ACT stage 3 clutch/flywheel kit. Now I have dealt with TRE personally and bought products from him, my favorite and most important so far being my TRE fully built rear diff. So far no issues what so ever and the break in is going great! I think Buschur sells great quality proven and tested products, claiming 9 second times with a stage 1 rebuild deserves a second look and I would be willing to bet if he uses Shep then Shep products must be decent also, TRE says otherwise but I know alot of it is competition. I think Shep has the biggest name around the mitsu crowd and his prices show that unfortunately, very high and overpriced for what he does with his transmissions IMO. I think like someone else mentioned before, there is good, great and best transmission companies none being ****ty and Im sure they have all released ****ty products at one time or another. It is about resolving those ****ty examples in a timely manner is what makes the best company stand out. I think Jack sent my buddy a half *** built tranny but honestly I think we will stay away from now on and go with proven TRE (in my case)
Can you please PM me with the order info? I do not know of this issue and would appreciate a fair shot at trying to help resolve this.

Please note that 1st and reverse gears can be affected very negatively if there is a clutch drag problem. What happens during the clutch drag test in the paperwork included with the trans?

TRE says negative things about everyone. That's no surprise. What he doesn't tell you is how many of his customers have come to us and how he is the reason why we build trannies. We used to use him many years ago, but due to such horrid service, we decided to build them ourselves and then Jacks Transmissions was born. I never say anything negative about him to any of my customers unless they tell me what he has made up about us. Otherwise I never say anything bad about him, though I know how he works and what he does. I know he doesn't treat others with the same respect and it's sad to see someone so desperate for work that he has to slander other businesses to get there. It's not right and we don't appreciate it.

Jack
The following users liked this post:
bvliz (Jan 27, 2019)
Old Apr 29, 2013, 03:19 PM
Gold Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
I would imagine that anyone in their right mind reading this thread will notice that the OP is very unstable. Unfortunately, I can't stop people like this from doing what they are going to do in forums, so I just have to rely on the consumer to make the right decision.

We are proud to be a paying vendor and support EVO M. Out of the thousands of units we have rebuilt, it appears there are very few complaints.

When you get as big as we are, people taking advantage are always going to try to bully us and expect us to fold and give them everything for free. We just can't do that and have to stand our ground in what we believe is right. In this case, we went way out of what we would normally do to try to help the customer, and it appears the trans has been running 10 second passes for over 1.5 years now, so we did what we could and it appears to be working for him. The rants though may be a sign of other issues not related to his transmission or us.

Jacks Transmissions has spent far more money than any other vendor for the cleaning equipment that we use today to provide the cleanest and highest quality units possible. Jacks Transmissions employs very intelligent people which many of have worked in the engineering field. We pay our employees very well and have the best to assure a high quality product.

It's a shame a thread like this has to exist, but if you are considering us, please read everything fully and feel free to contact me via email direct at shop@jackstransmissions.com to answer any questions you may have. We didn't get this far by providing service as the OP describes. I'm sure after reading this, all other vendors are very thankful that they didn't have to deal with this nightmare.

I have quoted my original response in this thread below in case anyone missed it. After all of this, the customer stated he was happy in the end, then over a year later he gets back in having another rage. Either you're happy or not. I guess he can go both ways at any time.

Jack

Originally Posted by JackM
Okay, this is pretty terrible. We got your emails and phone calls. You need to call us when we are open. I am not here 24/7. I live at a house, not at the shop.

You emailed us yesterday at 11:44PM (that's at night), the second one at 2:28AM, and the third at 2:37AM all like your post above. Then you posted in this thread at 3:35AM. Already you are claiming we will not return calls and emails and look at the time line you gave us! That's great, thanks a lot for being an adult.

We emailed you about the case, you declined replacing them. Here is a quote from an email from us:

"I got the transmission unpacked. Did you want for us to replace the bell
housing section on the case? We have new ones here for $335."

The mistake there was from a new employee here, we meant the whole case, not just the bell housing. What you failed to mention in your rant is your case was hacked up badly and you didn't care. You cut off a large section of your bell housing and we absolutely DID NOT put JB Weld on the slave bracket. We didn't notice that was there until we bead blasted the case and then we saw it, but you did not want to replace the case so we left it alone. You knew your case was hacked up and didn't want to do anything about it, so we left it as it sat.

I would like to also add that we do not paint the cases. We bead blast them and then clear coat them to keep that 'like new' look for a long time.

You tried to nickel and dime us to death through the whole process and didn't want to spend any money on anything. We sent the trans back with the case you sent us as you didn't want to replace it. We have proof of that via emails.

So you send us a trans, we recommend you replace the case which you declined, you then install the trans and the case breaks. Where in this is it our fault? We did exactly what you wanted us to do.

The only issue on our end was the EVO9 input shafts were on back order from Japan. It took awhile to get them. This is very rare and they are something we usually keep many of in stock, but we happen to just run out at the wrong time. Even though you only paid for the EVO 9 input shaft and 1st gear upgrade, we gave you a free upgraded 5th gear with it as yours was the old revision. We did this because it took so long, but you will not mention any of the good things we tried to do for you as you would rather slander us in the AM. I remember this trans very well, because of the case and how unbelievable it was that you wanted to leave it alone.

I would have been willing to give you the shirt off my back to help you with this situation, but due to the fact that you immediately slandered us online and are not being civil, I see no reason to help you. We did exactly what you wanted us to do. If you would like, I would be more than happy to post the entire email process we had with you here in public since you like to slander so much in public. I'm sure anyone in their right mind who would read it would agree we are not at fault and did what we could to get you a quality rebuild.

Again, I want to say that we do not paint units here, and we do not use JB Weld. We told him about needing a new case and he declined it. I don't know how many times I have to say it. Also, we have an awesome TIG here and any case repairs we perform in house are done with the TIG and in a professional manner absolutely NOT with JB Weld. We did nothing but bead blast and clear coat his case though. No welding of any kind.

The customer is now demanding he gets a brand new trans. It is rare that we have issues with anyone, but I wonder if this was a scam by him to get a free trans. Send us a hacked up trans, decline fixing it, then blame us when the case has issues when you get it back and hope we will fold and give you a new one. Absolutely not!

For those that are reading this, please note that we are willing to lose money and help our customers any way we can, but this one has been totally unreasonable and knew of his case issues before we even shipped it back.

Again, if anyone wants to see it, I would be more than happy to copy and paste my emails with him from start to finish as this guy is really something else! This is totally unfair to us.

Thanks! -Jack
Originally Posted by dsm6382
Well I spoke to Jacks today We had a civil conversation over the phone Jacks agreed to reimburse me on repair work since I am having my bracket rewelded back onto the case at ATP Turbo In Hayward Ca. ,,Problem solved ..I am a Honest person Jack im not out there to try and scam you all i asked was you resolve this ,which you verbally have thus far...thats all i could ask for. thanks for understanding.

Last edited by Jacks Transmissions; Apr 29, 2013 at 03:24 PM.
Old Apr 29, 2013, 04:14 PM
El Jefe

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts
As this is a messy pileup of two 2-year old threads, it's being closed.