Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Review of my RnR Racing Products

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2003, 08:42 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bpclements:
I really feel sorry for you. I went through the same "spiel" with RnR not too long ago. I don't want to go into the painful details, as I am trying to forget about this whole thing. The bottom line is that none of the stuff they sent me fit and would require numerous modifications in order to make it fit properly. After watching Degman struggling with the installation on his car, I decided to send all my parts back for a refund. Despite the parts being compltely unused Ryan refused to refund all of my costs, so I came short about $80, which I find quite pathetic, but I let it go as I was sick of arguing with these guys.

To anyone that is looking for quality parts and great customer service, I would recomend AMS, Ultimate Racing or Bushur. Not too mention that their parts look 100x better than RnR's (If we had so many problems with a simple downpipe, imagine the people that bought their turbo kit!)
Old Dec 22, 2003, 08:48 AM
Evolved Member

Barry, I want to first apoligize for the problems you have had. I know you are a big supporter and you loved our prodcuts in the past. I am very sorry and want let you know we will make it right.

You have been a loyal customer and we don't want to loose you. We might have been wrong about the flanges.

Ever since we have changed flange companies we haven't had a problem. We have a few small problems.

We stand behind our work 100%. You can ask many of our customers that are very very happy with our products. We have a sold a lot of turbo backs, catbacks and there have been many many happy customers. You just hear from ones who had problems with flanges,etc. This was a very small number compared to how many we have sold.

Barry, this is what I want to offer you. A brand new complete 3" turbo back complete , All SS, N1 muffler, welded all around, etc. We will also install this unit for free at our shop asap.

We want to make sure you are happy. Thanks Ryan
Old Dec 22, 2003, 10:22 AM
Evolved Member

Ok, I can agree to that.
I'll take you up on your offer and will get in touch with you for a day I can come up there. It will have to be next week sometime. I think we are getting that Thursday and Friday off for the new year. I can come up there then or during that weekend.

I am glad that you have a high concern to make things right and I can respect that.

I'll send you an email letting you know exactly when I can make it so you can have everything ready.
Old Dec 22, 2003, 10:35 AM
Evolved Member

Barry, thanks for letting us make it right. We appreciate that.

We will use the Magnaflow muffler on your system.

Glad we could work this out. Again I am sorry for the problems you have had. Ryan
Old Dec 22, 2003, 11:01 AM
Evolved Member

I am glad that we can work it out. I will let everyone know how the new system turns out and provide pics.

Again Ryan, I am very glad we can take care of this. You will keep my support.
Old Dec 22, 2003, 11:09 AM
Evolved Member

sounds like another happy ending
Old Dec 22, 2003, 12:04 PM
Evolving Member

Sounds like a pain in the *** to me. RnR saying "we have a few small problems". Those turn into everyone elses big problems. I know I went through the same type of BS with the B&B exhaust along with others. Why is wojo out $80 if it was their problem? That is BS imo. I base most of my buying decisions on what is reported on this board by people who have already bought the products and what they report on customer service. Selling defective products then not giving a 100% refund is totally unacceptable to me.

Look at the pictures of that crap they sent him! I would be furious if someone sent me anything that looked like that! From looking at the DP you can tell it's going to leak just buy looking at it. They tell him go ahead and install it?

Man get your money back and get out of the whole deal would be my suggestion. There are plenty of very nice tested products out there. Save yourself more grief.

Last edited by mojo; Dec 22, 2003 at 12:21 PM.
Old Dec 22, 2003, 12:11 PM
slt
Evolved Member

It seems that with RnR you need to wait for them to work the bugs out of their products. The first couple of customers are guinea pigs and then they get it right.
Old Dec 22, 2003, 12:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Has anyone had any problems with there FMIC , and how will it compare to BR FMIC ??
Old Dec 22, 2003, 12:13 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by slt
It seems that with RnR you need to wait for them to work the bugs out of their products. The first couple of customers are guinea pigs and then they get it right.
That could be true, however in their posts they claim they sell tons of these downpipes
Old Dec 22, 2003, 12:28 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by MrBubbler
sounds like another happy ending
If I had my car in there I'd be yanking it out so fast! Look at the pictures.

How can there be a happy ending when bpclements still has nothing that works?

bpclements,
thank you for posting this. You saved many people from going through the same BS.

I just looked at some of the pretty pictures RnR has posted in
"the EXHAUST thread". You should post your pics there so others can see what they are sending to customers.

Last edited by mojo; Dec 22, 2003 at 12:51 PM.
Old Dec 22, 2003, 12:59 PM
Evolved Member

We have sold over 35 standard downpipes so these are very isolated cases where we had small problems. We have sold over 16 02 elim downpipes

We always fix the situations if there is a problem.
Old Dec 22, 2003, 01:37 PM
Evolving Member

i'm one of barry's good friends. i work with him, chill with him, etc. i too have always supported RnR, more on the DSM side of the house considering that's what i own. I've recommended everyone i know and their mom to shop with them. between me, barry, and another friend, we've purchased close to $3500 in parts from RnR. As of lately, we've had problems, and i posted up on here, just a different thread, that we are having so many problems that im inclined to stop shopping there. and despite the fact that we've advertised them to all our friends and anyone who ever IM's me askin questions, Ryan goes and emails Barry, couldn't tell me for some reason, complaining how i said that we were unhappy with his services lately on here. so i hear about it, i try to PM him explaining why i felt this way, and i never hear back from him. Well i guess he now SEES why i posted what i did the other day in that other thread about his O2 eliminator downpipes. I mean we've supported him for who knows how long, just to get this kinda treatment in return. It really bothers me that he went and sorta "told Barry on me" for saying i was unsatisfied. Ryan we've always supported you, for one of us to say there's a problem, it's because there really was one. We're not trying to like bash your company, we want u to fix it so when i tell my friend that he should buy from you, i know he'll get something he's happy with. Not something that is gunna have a warped flange. So you said u fixed that problem, and im happy you did, just please work out these other things because u do have the best prices around, and in the DSM community, that's very important considering half the DSMer's are still in highschool it seems. I'm glad to see you're working everything out with Barry here, and not just leaving him out there. Hopefully it will all be worked out here soon.
Old Dec 22, 2003, 01:51 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by RnR Racing
We have sold over 16 02 elim downpipes.
From the posts on this board there appears to be at least 4 or 5 02 elim DPs with issues. That's 30% of your shipments. I would say you have a BIG rather than a SMALL problem.

But like I said before, any company can have a manufacturing problem. That's fine and I understand that. However, what distinguishes the "good" from the "bad" is how they deal with customers. I think this is an area where RnR needs to improve.
Old Dec 22, 2003, 02:47 PM
Evolving Member

well he has helped Barry deal with these problems, he hasn't left him stranded, so i do give him that. and he did honor certain sale prices to me when i was in Kuwait and when i came back and wanted to purchase them, the prices had changed back to normal. he still gave me the sale prices because of my situation. I think customer service has been pretty good considering the smaller size of the company. but definately needs a little more attention to detail with his shipments.

Quick Reply: Review of my RnR Racing Products