Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Review of my RnR Racing Products

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2003, 02:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We did have a small manufacturing problem. Eeverybody has them no matter who you are. Big, small or whatever. We had one and we are dealing with it in the best way we can. We are go out of our way to make sure everyone has been taken care of on this.
Old Dec 22, 2003, 02:58 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by me612
well he has helped Barry deal with these problems, he hasn't left him stranded, so i do give him that.
Would you say that the fact that Barry raised hell on this board has something to do with RnR's sudden willingnes to solve the problem?

...and he did honor certain sale prices to me when i was in Kuwait and when i came back and wanted to purchase them, the prices had changed back to normal. he still gave me the sale prices because of my situation.
I am glad you got the discount. However, that's not customer service, but sales efforts. I was also very happy with RnR before i gave the credit card number
Old Dec 22, 2003, 03:17 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by wojo

Would you say that the fact that Barry raised hell on this board has something to do with RnR's sudden willingnes to solve the problem?

I am glad you got the discount. However, that's not customer service, but sales efforts. I was also very happy with RnR before i gave the credit card number
id say ur right on both of these. im still at this point very disappointed, but we'll see how everything turns out.
Old Dec 22, 2003, 04:00 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by MrBonus
That turbo inlet pipe looks like holy hell. I would imagine the diverter valve not staying attached to it either.

How could a company, in good conscience, send something out looking like that?
Someone from RnR had to look at those pieces, say looks good to me, put them in a box and ship them out. How can that be a mistake? One look at those pictures and I wouldn't put that stuff on my car if they were giving it to me. I'm sorry but this is not the first time I've read about RnR shipping stuff like this out. You (RnR) could call it a mistake the first time you said you were changing flange manufacturers but not at this stage. Obviously it is continuing. You can call it a small problem a hundred times, it still does not make it a small problem for the people that end up with products that look like that and on top of it they don't fit.

Why don't you at least give wojo his $80, that would be a start.

Last edited by mojo; Dec 22, 2003 at 04:06 PM.
Old Dec 22, 2003, 07:28 PM
Evolving Member

Scary. Sorry to hear you've had so much trouble. However, if they make it right then let everyone know. It does sound like you went through alot of unnecessary brain damage though.

VENDORS.... it's all about customer service!! Price means nothing if your customer service is crap. In my book anyway.

Good luck with getting this all resolved. I am having a bit of a nightmare right now regarding my Grand National, so I feel your pain.
Old Dec 23, 2003, 01:05 AM

Hey Ryan

Ryan.

Hey, just wondering if you have and ideas about resolving my situation, Get back to me please.

Thanks,
Adam
Old Dec 23, 2003, 01:59 AM
Evolved Member

Although I did not purchase anything from RNR I would like to share my experience with that establishment. Soon after purchasing my evo heard that rnr was sellin cat-back systems for under $400. sounding to good to be true I took a trip over to rnr and was not impressed. First of all the shop was located in the middle of an industrial park with no sign indicating which one of the dozen garages was RNR. after some driving...i finally located rnr only because i seen ryan's evo parked in front. Located in the fron of the shop was a small glass display case featuring several bullet canistr style mufflers with different style tips. To my surprise the tips were only tack welded to the muffler. Further more he had an SAFC in the case which looked used and was on sale......(I wonder if that was the one Bplcements purchased?) Finally I journeyed into the garage.....the place was empty....no piping in stock, no construction jig (which is probably why everyones exhaust and dp fit are so variable) not even a welder. After that quick tour I had a gut instinct that I shouldnt invest into rnr products.

Not intending to flame only sharing my observations.

Ran
Old Dec 23, 2003, 04:58 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by mojo
Why don't you at least give wojo his $80, that would be a start.
Hey Mojo! Thanks for the concern, but I highly doubt that's gonna happen
Old Dec 23, 2003, 11:44 AM
Evolving Member

Well it should happen wojo. You and everyone else should not be out one penny for RnRs mistakes and problems.

I felt the same way when B&B was shipping out defective catbacks one of which I received. This was not nearly as big a problem as the parts RnR is shipping out. B&B has a very high quality well built product but had some flange problems that they refused to address to my satisfaction early on. As a result of my customer service experience or lack of it I won't recommend their products or purchase them even though I'm sure that they've taken care of the problem by now. Why? Because they never took care of my problem and it still is a problem to this day.

Customer service is just as important as the quality of the product to me because no matter how high quality your product is there will be mistakes. It's how a company handles these problems that can make or break them in the customers eyes.

When I go looking for something I want I always look to see if Lancershop has it first now. Even if I can find it somewhere else for a few dollars less I will buy from them. Why? Because they have excellent customer service and I know if there is a problem they will go out of there way and do more than is neccessary to correct it. That is what makes a very loyal customer base. Oh yea and they will price match anyway so I don't have to worry about a lower price somewhere else

There is no need to put up with these types of problems. Just go elseware. You might pay a little more or maybe not. There are companies building the parts you are after that won't cause you this kind of grief.
Old Dec 27, 2003, 10:36 PM

Hello, I was wondering If I should post my problems with RNR here? I have emailed Ryan several times in the past week and have gotten no response.
Old Dec 27, 2003, 10:55 PM

Thumbs down

Well, I have opted to Continue.

I ordered a 3 Turbo Back exhaust system from RNR
They sent me a 2.5, So I agreed with ryan to send it back, and In return he would send me 3 inch Stainless. And we both paid shipping on our ends.
Well, When I got the 3 inch, i quickly had it installed but it was hell getting it to line up.

And the flex shaft Hit the front sway bar, Very Tightly.
After further investigating this, We diescovered the flex shaft was welded in crooked.

I have explain this to ryan and have yet to get a response Here are some pics:

Also, there is a lot of Black staining on the rear bumper, should the tip extend out further?

anyways, this concludes my story.
All the shops in town said it would cost a lot to repair this, since they dont stock 3 inch SS, and would have to order a full piece of it.

Steering felt alittle squirrly around turns, but i would imagine this is from the pressure on the sway bar.

also, I am getting a lot of vibration in the cabin. and like previously posted, my clothes too stink of smoke. but I was told this is from the slip joint, which will seal off over a few heat cycles.

thank you,
adam
Old Dec 28, 2003, 06:30 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by LordPaxin
Hello, I was wondering If I should post my problems with RNR here? I have emailed Ryan several times in the past week and have gotten no response.
Problems with RnR? No...that can't be.

Oh and good luck getting a response from Ryan via email. Have you tried calling them? They are usually very easy to reach by phone (I hope you detect sarcasm here )
Old Dec 28, 2003, 06:33 AM
Evolving Member

That flex section doesn't look right. Honestly I would just ship the whole thing back and demand a refund. This is just plain ridicolous. I can't believe they are still shipping these things after all the complaints they received on this board.
Old Dec 28, 2003, 09:46 AM

Yea, I know what you mean.

You would think they would try to improve the product a little.
compensate the people that got fuqqed, and appologize, andbe happy we were part of the beta testing project.

the pressure on the sway bar was compensatiing handling predictibility, so i got a torch andheated the downpipe and pried on it for 2 hours, and got enough clearance that i doenst put pressure any more.

IT vibrated a hell of a lot more, but atlest i can drive without fear of wrecking, so the Carbon monoxide leaking into the cabin can kill me
Old Dec 28, 2003, 11:14 AM
Evolving Member

Go post those pictures in the exaust thread where they show all their pretty exaust pictures. Get your money back! Go with a company that cares about quality, even if it cost you a few dollars more you won't regret it.

What a pain in tha ***.

Quick Reply: Review of my RnR Racing Products