Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Review of my RnR Racing Products

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2003, 11:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We checked the downpipe when it got here and it was one of our earlier designs and fit on our car without any problems. Degman's had slight warp to it. It's not even it big deal as this is along time ago.

So like I was saying 2 out of 100 is very small.
Old Dec 29, 2003, 11:24 AM
Evolving Member

pic of the intake that was advertised on RnR's site...

pic of Barry's intake...

count is now up to 3 problems?

p.s. if u want that intake that is shown in the first pic, u should prolly ask Buschur because that is the intake HE sells, not RnR
Old Dec 29, 2003, 11:29 AM
Evolving Member

Well...I certainly don't want to beat over a dead horse here, but I saw what I saw and there is no way you could fit that DP. The holes on the flange were definitely off and would not align with the turbo side. Also we put a straight edge on the flange and it wasn't straight.

For others reading this, I have no intentions of misleading anyone or twisting the truth. I am just stating what I saw as it really bothers me that after all this RnR would continue to deny the facts.
Old Dec 29, 2003, 11:29 AM
Evolved Member

That is not the pic we have on our site. We have the pic of our intake on our site. We have never even had pics of our intakes on our site before this weekend. So I don't know where you are getting them from.
Old Dec 29, 2003, 11:36 AM
Evolved Member

3 out of 100. Glad you got the count down. Done with this discussion as it is going no where.

You 2 are unhappy with the stuff fine. There are plenty others that are happy. That is why we are moving into an even bigger shop and are looking to get a mandrel bender, etc.
Old Dec 29, 2003, 11:58 AM
Evolving Member

He chnaged the pic on the site? HAHA! This guy is unbelievable. At this point, I wouldn't touch RnR with a 10ft pole.

Nice pic BTW
Old Dec 29, 2003, 12:23 PM
Evolved Member

We just posted up the pics this weekend. We used the pics from our shop car that are clearly seen on the site.

Brandon, why are you going to post up lies and stuff like this just to make us look bad. We work realy hard to keep all our customers happy and then you just have bee up your butt and want to try an mess that up.

All the hook ups I given you in the past. Remember times when we helped you sell RnR parts, turbo, etc that we needed to get money for. We helped you out in many situations and this is how you repay us. What did we ever do to deserve this kind of stuff? That is pretty messed up.
Old Dec 29, 2003, 01:12 PM
Evolving Member

I am very sorry for the mistake on my part.

The Down Pipe fits fine.

I am very happy with the purchase!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.CarPhoto.net
Old Dec 29, 2003, 02:20 PM
Evolving Member

yes Ryan I really did appreciate you giving us hookups, but in all honesty, it seems to me that things have changed in your company ever since u joined the Evo community. When you were mainly a DSM company, customer service was better, quality seemed better, everything was better, probably because your business was not as big. It was nice that u gave me the sale price on the turbo setup when i was in Kuwait, and nice of you to knock off a few bux because of my big order and the fact that i know some of your good friends. I was seriously looking nowhere else for anything i wanted. You were going to be my sole source for parts once i get to modding my TSi I just bought. But while i was out of a car, I suggested you to everyone, even people i just met that would talk to me about their DSM, id give them your web address and your phone number cuz i knew you would take care of em and beat anyones prices. But, lately i feel that we have been given the run-around and i think that is very poor business considering it is our money. I mean i wish there was a way to calculate how much money people have spent on your stuff just because we convinced them that u were the spot to go for ALL their DSM needs. People would walk up to me when they saw my eclipse and ask me where i got the stuff and if they could get stuff from you too. Even honda guys, even the guy who bought my turbo kit when i parted out the car was asking me who could make him a custom O2 housing, and i told him YOU, and he bought it from you. When he got it it had horrible fitment issues, so he just had a local shop clean up the problems. He also said u were kinda giving him the cold shoulder he felt, and that kinda upset me, but i told him he must have been a rare case because normally you are great to work with. Well then Barry needed an exhaust, even though you had already told him that ud like to use his car to design yours, he was still iffy about it, but we did convince him to do it obviously. Then my buddy Chris need 2 gauges, he was going to get em off ebay or off summit because they were cheaper from there, BUT he wanted to get them from you just because we told him he should cuz we're trying to get everything from you. So he did. He ordered them, and paid liek 43 bux for shipping. now we are a whole 200 miles apart, that seemed a lil much, but oh well, he ordered it anyway. well after a week went by and they hadn't arrived, he sent you emails asking what was up, and he got no responce. so he sent more emails, and no responces, so he gave up. Finally 3 weeks later they got here, and the shipping label said 7 bux on it, yet he paid 43. For 43 bux that thing shoulda been here fast as hel!. and the fact that we saw that it only cost 7 bux to ship was upsetting, where did that other 36 bux go? Then Barry puts in his huge order, and i think this post describes that experience quite well. Kept giving him the runaround saying OH WE'LL FIX IT, but there is so many things to fix, i don't understand how u got damn near his whole order screwed up. And on top of that you say that this is a new problem with warped flanges. But I know that this was not a new problem, i know u have a local there who put down like near 400hp numbers with ur turbo kit, and i know that he had an issue with an exhaust leak from the manifold due to flange problems. shortly after i bought your turbo kit, i read on the dsm forums about all these people having warped flanges where the manifold met the head. So i was worried about it cuz i had just purchased the kit from u and wondering if mine was gunna be like that. So i know this is not a recent problem. And then you get mad for me posting that up the other day, and then go and tell Barry on me cuz i said to sumone that they prolly got a warped flange cuz the holes didn't line up. And then u come on here and say im lieing. that is crap. u can ask barry, or any one around here, they all saw the pic you had on your site of that intake. I think it is messed up how u treated us, so u can think that its messed up of me to post what i did, but it is all the truth, no lies here. luv, peace, and lube grease!!!
Old Dec 29, 2003, 03:09 PM
Evolved Member

Brandon, I will agree with you that some of the flanges were warped. I will also agree with a couple other things as well. Ia m glad you are recommended us to so amny people. Customers like that is why we have become so big and we sell so much.

You have to admit if there has ever been a problem with anything that I we were there to make it right. We never let anything go wrong without making it right.

I would have to say that you would have to agree with me that we are taking care of Barry completly. That is why I don't understand why you keep going on with this. It's over we took care of the small problem and are giving him a free turbo back and free installation.

I won't agree that I told Barry to "OH WELL FIX IT."
Old Dec 29, 2003, 04:03 PM
Evolving Member

I won't agree that I told Barry to "OH WELL FIX IT."
i didn't say that, i said that you say "oh WE'LL (contraction for 'we will') fix it".

It's nice to see you are fixing the part, but that's not the full problem. We have wasted a lot of time trying to put these things in, had to pay fees to work on the car at the shop on base, had to pay to park it there overnight a few days because the car was apart waiting for a new part. Plus the fact that i look like an *** when i recommend u to friends and they have problems with you, and not just one friend, multiple. then they wonder why i recommended u when they weren't happy with the transaction. Well i guess I ran outta excuses, and realised sumthin was wrong. I know Barry is happy he is getting a free turbo back. Still don't exactly see how its free considering he paid you, but i know he will be happy when its on the car and it works. But all the time we spent and knuckles we've busted and the bay fees and overnight parking fees we had to pay can not be undone. I do know that u will fix the product and make that right, because that's how you are, u will make sure they get what they want in the end. Its just frustrating that it is taking all this to get it right, especially when we've recommended u to everyone we know. hopefully i recover from this frustration, but for now im still upset over what happened. I usually don't hold grudges, so it will prolly pass, but im still unhappy, maybe when we get everything and it all works as advertised, maybe then ill be less frustrated. And hopefully that will happen this weekend, cuz we plan on stopping up there this weekend to get this cleared up, if this weekend is cool with you. later man
Old Dec 29, 2003, 04:17 PM
Evolved Member

I sure hope we can get it worked out too.

I am just upset as well that over a couple small problems it has to be this big of an ordeal.

We work our asses off over here. Night and day, all the time no matter what. When someone attacks us we take it personally and becasue we work so hard to make sure everything is done correctly and quickly.

We build cars, parts, installs, aftermarket parts, etc. This is our lives and what puts food on table for our families. So now you know where I am coming from as well. I understand your frustration, but after this weekend I think you will be able to once again recommend RnR wholeheartily.

End of Story.
Old Dec 29, 2003, 05:25 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by RnR Racing
Just for the record so everyone knows. The metal dounut piece must be removed from the 02 housing so you can install the downpipe.

I had 3-4 people in the couple days that didn't know this and thought they had a bad flange when they didn't so I am just imforming you guys now. This is also the case with all the other downpipes on the market so you will now.

This is not the case with all other downpipes on the market. I have a B&B and it is made to use the stock donut as are most of the Evo DP' s on the market.
Old Dec 29, 2003, 06:26 PM
Evolving Member

I I understand your frustration, but after this weekend I think you will be able to once again recommend RnR wholeheartily.
i hope so. it was nice being able to get lil custom jobs done or products at good prices from u, but it really makes one hard to trust after sumthing like this. I have already established other places to spend my money once I get the talon in a good state to begin modding, but if everything goes smoothly with ur company and i don't hear about warped flanges or wrong parts being shipped, and it seems like everyone is happy, then ill check it out again. Those HKS mufflers are nice as hell, id really like one of those systems on the talon, but like i said, i still gotta work out bugs in the talon before i begin modding. i already got a new headgasket and a newly refurbished head on and i got 157,154,160,160 compression all across on stock 1g pistons so im happy with those numbers, new timing belt, new fluids, so i just gotta get a new tranny and clutch and some interior work, and then the performance modding will begin. and if u are offering those hks systems for 1g awd's, then lemme know what kinda price range im looking at, and ill have to consider it. Thanx for taking care of this stuff, it sux it had to be like this, but if this is the end of the problems, that would definately be a good thing, for everyone. For some reason I feel confident that u will make everything right with us, please don't let us down. see u this weekend man
Old Dec 29, 2003, 07:17 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by mojo

This is not the case with all other downpipes on the market. I have a B&B and it is made to use the stock donut as are most of the Evo DP' s on the market.
Yup AMS uses a stock donut as well.

Quick Reply: Review of my RnR Racing Products