Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Any ideas on where to look next? Bucking, Stalling

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2014, 11:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tsidrift1
So I hooked up evoscan hoping to see a code stored in the ecu. There are no cel's, but FINALLY!! I got a code stored. P0123. Throttle Position Sensor. At least I have a starting point now!

hey did you ever figure out the bucking and stalling issue? i am having the same issue and is ticking me off.. was yours coolant temp

Last edited by frequency25; Nov 6, 2014 at 11:33 PM.
Old Nov 7, 2014, 02:45 PM

Hey, I finally got my problem sorted out by changing the ht leads(spark plug leads) and coils packs.got them of a evo 9 engine because they are all the same.if you arnt sure change your spark plugs or clean them.go for a drive when its bucking ,take out your spark plugs and they should be all the same.If one is kinda white it means the fuel hasnt properly burned without a proper spark in that cylinder or at least that is the theory.
Old Nov 8, 2014, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by evoIV96
Hey, I finally got my problem sorted out by changing the ht leads(spark plug leads) and coils packs.got them of a evo 9 engine because they are all the same.if you arnt sure change your spark plugs or clean them.go for a drive when its bucking ,take out your spark plugs and they should be all the same.If one is kinda white it means the fuel hasnt properly burned without a proper spark in that cylinder or at least that is the theory.
thanks i'll try that next.. i have a COP setup on the way I will give that a shot as well .
Old Oct 9, 2016, 02:26 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by tsidrift1
I remember replacing the coolant temp sensor and I never had any issue again with this. Sounds funny, but its what worked.
going to give this a shot