Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

fuel pressure probs again?? help !!!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2012, 03:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy fuel pressure probs again?? help !!!

UPDATE

found out the fuel pressure prob, pulled the double pumper and the short rubber hoses that run to he pumps one had a pretty decent hole in it and would just leak all the pressure out soon as i turn the car off, now with new hoes shut car off and holds 40psi for hours ...thanks again for all the help and tips guys , still have the part throttle stumbling issues but im working on them next

having fuel pressure probs again, already pulled the double pumper out twice and tightened everything car responded well and ran better now after a few months cars starting to act up again its hard to start in the morning and after the car sits a while, i notice soon as i shut the car off the fuel pressure gauge on the rail goes to 0 instantly !!! i know its supposed to hold pressure for at least 20 mins. idk what else to check ... i may try another stock fp reg and ive been reading about the precision inj leaking or being stuck open?? car is starting to act up running wise also. Any help or directed in the right direction would be greatly appreciated !!!

mods

double pumper
1200 percision inj
perrin fuel rail
stock reg

Last edited by 1badgsex; Jul 9, 2012 at 08:57 PM.
Old Jul 5, 2012, 03:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
if rail pressure drops that fast then the internal check valve in a pump is bad or you have a leak at the rail/injectors.
Old Jul 5, 2012, 04:00 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by n2oiroc
if rail pressure drops that fast then the internal check valve in a pump is bad or you have a leak at the rail/injectors.

yeah litterally as i shut the car off it goes to 0 instantally, how can i check the pumps to see if there bad? and im gonna buy a injector rebuld kit from extremepsi and eliminate the injectors and rail
Old Jul 5, 2012, 06:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
wow surprised that you can't see one of the spark plugs near fouling if thats the case of an injector
Old Jul 5, 2012, 07:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
sorry just caught on to the part about the fuel pump check valve, interesting but yea then you would almost want to find a way to test them outside the car, it would be a total pita to try to bypass one or swap them out on at a time.. hmm
Old Jul 6, 2012, 03:29 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Liqquid
sorry just caught on to the part about the fuel pump check valve, interesting but yea then you would almost want to find a way to test them outside the car, it would be a total pita to try to bypass one or swap them out on at a time.. hmm

yeah I'm lost for ideas and limited on funds after this build its been nothing but nickle and diming me and the biggest prob with fuel is the buschur double pumper its given me nothing but probs every since its been installed from day one !!!

theres no possible way to check this relief valve is there? but i can atleast pin point one of them cause the 2nd one only comes on under boost so the main pump has to have a bad relief or something going on with it ????
Old Jul 6, 2012, 10:17 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 128 Likes on 96 Posts
put a pressure gauge in one of the lines coming off one of the pumps, and with the motor idling, clamp the rubber supply line after the Y or at the fuel rail inlet. the motor will die, and if its a bad check valve (or leak at one of the hose clamps inside the tank), pressure will go to zero. make sure to clamp it good, or alternatively, temporarily install a ball valve.

Last edited by mrfred; Jul 6, 2012 at 10:19 PM.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 08:36 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mrfred
put a pressure gauge in one of the lines coming off one of the pumps, and with the motor idling, clamp the rubber supply line after the Y or at the fuel rail inlet. the motor will die, and if its a bad check valve (or leak at one of the hose clamps inside the tank), pressure will go to zero. make sure to clamp it good, or alternatively, temporarily install a ball valve.

thanks for the response and thats actually a good way of testing them i couldnt figure out a decent way of testing them but on to the good news i pulled the double pumper out for the hell of it and long behold right where the clamp was there was a hole that from pressure and the clamp being tight it made a weak spot on the short rubber hose and i also noticed the short rubber pieces were really flimsy and soft and there the ones that are good for e85 and supposed to be better then the stock ones so i just out the stock hoes that came with the kit on it and its fine now soon as i shut the car off it goes to 30psi and holds there for a while. im still having low rpm/light throttle hesitation when i go to take off or down shift and let off the gas and soon as i go to get back on the gas u can feel the hesitation / slight buck and i cant figure this out for the life of me ive changed plugs 3 times tried all different gaps, im thinking maybe a new o2 sensor? someone was saying TPS but at WOT its fine not a single hiccup any help or pointed in the right direction would be greatly appreciated !!!!
Old Jul 9, 2012, 09:06 PM
Evolved Member

figured out the fuel prob, leak in small hose from clamp being to tight around fuel pump.. holding 40psi now soon as i shut the car off and starts right up first crank in the morning