Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Ok everyone needing help again on my engine swap the new engine is in. Urgent please

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2013, 06:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok everyone needing help again on my engine swap the new engine is in. Urgent please

Ok there is a boost controller I believe it is called -silver knob with course and fine adjustment on it hooked to vacuum lines. The paper with it says have a mechanic who knows what he is doing install it. I want to remove it. There is three vacuum lines running to it where do they go ?? Thanks in advance.
Old Oct 8, 2013, 06:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
probably turbo/wg/intake
Old Oct 9, 2013, 07:31 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Look up manual boost controller or MBC and you should find a diagram. Check Google if you can't find it here, it should be the same for all turbo cars. Boost source, wastegate and either atmosphere vent or back to intake
Old Oct 9, 2013, 07:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Why remove it? Just turn the boost down??
Old Oct 10, 2013, 03:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It was only pushing 8 lbs and something blew my engine threw the piston out the bottom just got my other engine in and don't want to chance it Where would these hoses that run to it go if I removed it are they in a T fitting without the controller. It's a manual boost controller
Old Oct 10, 2013, 03:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
if your motor blew at only 8 psi, its NOT the bc's fault its whatever you did to the motor.
if the motor was going to blow its going to blow.
what do u expect to do? remove the bc and not run anything and just drive with zero boost forever?

anyways, dont know what type of boost controller it is. but the lines are from turbo, to wga, to intake.

if i were you, remove those vacuum lines and the boost controller if your worried.
connect 1 vac line to the turbo outlet and the other end of that line to the wga. this way you will run wga psi. but its still above 8 psi so back to my point, it wont resolve anything.