Evo 8 FP Red Install Question - EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Evo 8 FP Red Install Question

Old Jul 10, 2018, 01:17 PM

Evo 8 FP Red Install Question

Just got my brand new mhi FP red and am gonna put in on after work over the next couple days. I don't get off til 10pm so Its hard to get time to wrench.
My question is, can the turbo and 02 housing be removed without removing the manifold, I just put a really nice manifold on the car a couple months ago and I dont want to take it back off because number one its a pain because of the size and routing of the runners and it would save time and I wont have to get a new manifold gasket if the turbo will have enough room to come out once the radiator is out of the way.
I was thinking maybe it will be able to roll up and out towards the driver side where the air intake usually is but I was wondering if anyone on here had done so before.
Any and all help is greatly appreciated. Ready to make some power!!!
Old Jul 10, 2018, 01:23 PM
Evolved Member

You can try by pulling off downpipe/LICP and then coolant/oil lines and couplers before the 4 turbo/manifold nuts & bolts. If you take out your radiator, you should have plenty of room. Why don't you think you can reuse your new manilfold gasket?
Old Jul 10, 2018, 01:53 PM
Evolved Member

It'll come out. Just remove the down pipe and radiator (I remove the radiator when removing the turbo regardless).
Old Jul 10, 2018, 02:50 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by letsgetthisdone View Post
It'll come out. Just remove the down pipe and radiator (I remove the radiator when removing the turbo regardless).

+1 this is also how I got mine out....Also, I added some anti-seize just incase..
Old Jul 10, 2018, 09:36 PM

Thanks guys, I was really wanting to try and slip it out the driver side top once all the other stuff is out of the way, Im going to try and do it that way first and if not ill pull the downpipe.
And yea I was definitely going to pull the radiator, dont wanna hurt my shiny mishimoto.
Old Jul 10, 2018, 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by 2006EvoIXer View Post
You can try by pulling off downpipe/LICP and then coolant/oil lines and couplers before the 4 turbo/manifold nuts & bolts. If you take out your radiator, you should have plenty of room. Why don't you think you can reuse your new manilfold gasket?
Sorry just noticed your question. Im sure that it would be fine but its just always been a practice of mine anytime I pull something like that to go ahead and replace it, and with an $1100 manifold and near 3K turbo setup I don't want any leaks.
Old Jul 10, 2018, 10:17 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evo8MyMoney
Thanks guys, I was really wanting to try and slip it out the driver side top once all the other stuff is out of the way, Im going to try and do it that way first and if not ill pull the downpipe.
And yea I was definitely going to pull the radiator, dont wanna hurt my shiny mishimoto.
It still goes to the driver side and comes out the top, the DP would just be in the way to rotate the turbo out.

Last edited by letsgetthisdone; Jul 11, 2018 at 09:17 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to letsgetthisdone For This Useful Post:
Evo8MyMoney (Jul 10, 2018)
Old Jul 10, 2018, 10:42 PM

It still goes to the driver side and comes out the top, the DP would just be hot out if the way to rotate the turbo out.
Okay awesome I was hoping that was what you meant.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.