Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

I got rear ended 8- (

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2005, 10:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I got rear ended 8- (

I only had my damn car for about 6 months and I got rear ended!!!!!! Today around noon time while I was going to class as usual I got rear ended by some young high school girl 8- ( I saw her coming really fast, but I couldn't do anything because there was traffic in front of me and I was at a complete stop. After she hit my car, I got out the car while I was in shock, and noticed she was crying really hard. It was kinda drizzling and raining a bit, traffic was also backed up while I was stopped at an intersection, 5 seconds later I feel my whole back just booooooooooooooooooooom. I look in the rear view mirror and say ****KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!! The damage itself is on my back rear bumper and my whole buschur exhaust is hanging about 2 inches from the ground, and I think the B-pipe is bent. The car sounded **** when I drove off after the officer exchanged information for us. This is my first car accident I was involved in from my 3 years of driving experience 8- ( When I try to punch the car, the turbo feels weird and it won't go much, maybe because my exhaust is all on the ground 8- ( Anyway, its not to bad comestic wise, hopefully when I get my car to a body shop and get it lifted, we don't see many other problems. Im just glad nobody got hurt, and most of all I didn't get into a head on collision today. Thank god, and thank mitsubishi for a strong back bumper
Old Feb 14, 2005, 10:19 PM
Evolved Member

That sucks man, I know how it is. I'm sure in a week or so it'll be good as new.

~fred
Old Feb 14, 2005, 10:21 PM
Evolving Member

I just shed a tear for you, it's like seeing a family member injured.
Old Feb 14, 2005, 10:23 PM
Evolved Member

Ya, that sucks hard.
Old Feb 14, 2005, 10:33 PM
Evolved Member

for some reason, i was reallly angry, but I didn't let my anger out. I stayed calm, I knew the cosmetic damage would be minor when I felt her hit me. I didnt know that my exhaust would be pushed back and dragging like that. My car felt like a geo metro when I punched it, and it sounded like a coffee can muffler 8 - ( Hopefully the stupid claim adjusters contact me asap so that girl's insurance can gimmie a check so I can get it fixed starting tomorrow!!!!! O yea, since my exhaust (b pipe and few other parts) is kinda bent, will the insurance buy me a whole new one or just fix it, I don't think any shops around here have a mandrel bend machine. Also my bumper, it's not to badly damaged, they might be able to repair it, but I rather them get me a brand new one instead.
Old Feb 14, 2005, 10:34 PM
Evolved Member

When you stressed the point it was some highschool chick, I thought it was going to get ugly and hear about you smacking the hell out of her lol

Well after the body shop your baby should be good as new.
Old Feb 14, 2005, 10:55 PM
Evolved Member

that sucks, i know how it feels
Old Feb 15, 2005, 12:20 AM
Evolving Member

i can tottaly relate to you man... it blows
Old Feb 15, 2005, 03:11 AM
Evolved Member

thats weird
cuz if yoru exhust is hanging the officer shouldnt' let you drive off
they usually call for a toll truck for you
post some pic of the wreck
Old Feb 15, 2005, 05:34 AM
Evolved Member

the officer was a retard, she forgot to write down the person's zipcode and city/county. It happened right near the border of two county's and I was like wtf, why didn't she write that **** down on the paper. Anyway, she was prob like oh, its a minor accident, she just saw the bumper damaged, didn't even notice that the exhaust wasn't even lined up with the back bumper and that it was almost dragging from the ground. If i can find a camera, ill post some pics.
Old Feb 15, 2005, 06:00 AM
Evolving Member

Oh, I hope the insurance will cove the aftermarket exhaust for you. When I was rear ended in my Fiero GT the Insurance would only cover the Factory OEM parts. It really sucked, It was expencive to get custom bent dual exahust for that rear engined V6... Anyway, I hope they cover it for you, sometimes insurance companies can be a real b*tch to deal with.
L8R, Jay
Old Feb 15, 2005, 08:36 AM
Evolving Member

sorry to hear, good luck with the body shop and rental cars.
Was the chick that hit you at least hot?
Old Feb 15, 2005, 08:41 AM
Evolving Member

i got rear ended last thurs but thankfull no damage. sorry to hear you weren't as lucky
Old Feb 15, 2005, 08:54 AM
Evolving Member

time for a new c-west body kit.
Old Feb 15, 2005, 08:55 AM

I know it seems bad now.. but look at the bright side... You get a new back bumper... Possibly a new trunk... A brand new exhaust..... Look at all the positive... Hey just get insurance to cut you a check and you can get a CF Trunk..... A nice rear bumper....... A new Buschur exhaust...and still have some change left over!!!

Quick Reply: I got rear ended 8- (