Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

05 evo problems

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2005, 09:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
5300 miles since november, no problems at all except for windshield rattle. my seats are starting to squeak though. =\
Old Mar 5, 2005, 09:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2,800 and the car is great. Had my drivers seat replaced under warranty but other than that everything is fine.
Old Mar 5, 2005, 10:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Traitor
That happened to me too... I didn't know that was a problem, thought it all evo's did that. When I press the pedal down lightly no light comes on but it eventualy will come on. Do you have RS/GSR/MR? Mine is an MR. Makes me pretty nervous when I got some *** tailgaiting me and I break and no lights come on...
Uh, anytime you can brake without the lights coming on, its DEFINITELY a problem. Just think of all those people eating food, talking on phones, tieing neck ties, putting on makup etc that cant stop in time even when the lights DO come on.

I have GSR. You can get it fixed at dealer/shop or do it yourself. There is a brake light switch engaged by the pedal under the instrument panel. I think mine is blue. Its easy to find. The thing is threaded, so I think you can just move it in/out a bit. Or you can adjust the brake pedal itself maybe. IDK...i didnt feel like messing with it so I took it to the dealer. It was fixed in like an hour.
Old Mar 5, 2005, 11:28 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Traitor
That happened to me too... I didn't know that was a problem, thought it all evo's did that. When I press the pedal down lightly no light comes on but it eventualy will come on. Do you have RS/GSR/MR? Mine is an MR. Makes me pretty nervous when I got some *** tailgaiting me and I break and no lights come on...
thats funny cuz i noticed the same with my car. I have an 05 GSR with the SSL, and i kinda did notice a little bit of lag of the taillights coming on while i was driving. never looked into it TOO much until reading this thread. good thing i stumbled upon this thread. Also, is it just me or does the 3rd gear seem a bit crunchy when shifting from 2nd to 3rd? even shifting as slow as possible?
Old Mar 5, 2005, 11:49 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mrmefodman
WARRENTY VOIDED

What are you talking about? I don't even own an evo, I'm just fronting that I have an evo online in order to gain popularity. My uncle has an evo, though.. and it's fast.
Old Mar 7, 2005, 04:29 PM

only problem so far is a broken seat back.. But mits is replacing that..
Old Mar 7, 2005, 04:52 PM

Got my MR in october, 2004 everything run good and strong. It has 7,500k miles. AT the begining the brake squeak but now is gone so everything gooooooood =)
Old Mar 7, 2005, 05:01 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by HoLeeRay
yeah, and let me post my defense.
this is 10k miles with 30-40+ launches, 3-4 clutch burnups, 10+ topouts (excess of 150mph), running the boost at a consitent 21 pounds for the past month or so, drifting, a few bouts with a 5-7 mile rally road, etc. etc. etc. oh... and it's survived 3-4 NE snow storms where I was out for about 5-10 hours each storm, driving all over the place. every car is different. i technically followed break-in procedure until about 600 miles when i started shifting at 5-6k rpms, still without any WOT. I hit 1100 miles in the first week of owning this car. i'm still on stock clutch and it's running as strong as ever.
3-4 clutch burnups and still on stock clutch? i dont get it?

Old Mar 7, 2005, 08:54 PM
Evolved Member

I have a new problem as of today. My driver side window shakes when its partially open... like 7/8th closed, only at high speeds. I just noticed today because it was warm out and I had the windows down. Anyone else have this problem? My passenger side does not do it.