Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Got a "street racing" ticket for "exhibition of speeds"

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2006, 10:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cloudy
It musta been that stupidly oversized wing :P.
Kinda reminds me of those stupid commercials where the old man (with a walker) stops and yells "SLOW DOWN!" at a parked Celica. The one with the dog that comes running around from the back of a house and slams into the rear bumper was kinda funny though....

If I went to court to fight this I would end up "in contempt". Yes officer I was "street racing" (make finger quotes to judge)....that old lady in the walmart parking lot was revving her shopping cart on me....and I knew that shopping carts, while lightweight, can be modded, so THAT'S why I accelerated past the posted speed limit of 25 all the way up to 30mph.

Good luck in court.

EvoLee
Old Jan 18, 2006, 10:32 PM
Evolving Member

heres the thing. even if you fight it, it will still cost you somthing. a lawyer will set you back 2k, court costs alone will cost you $20-50. best case senerio your out 50 bucks, worst your out a couple grand. worst for the cop is that the ticket is thrown out. there is no consequences for a cop to write a crap ticket, and that is what bugs me so much. i got a wreckless ticket in my srt for doing donuts. the cop heard tires chirp, and saw "fresh donuts" in a parking lot. of course the FWD neon did the donuts, cause thats what FWD cars are so good at. so needless to say, im dealing with court now. so this cop has no reprocussions for knowing nothing, and harassing me. and instead, i have to deal with taking time off work, court costs, etc.

dont even get me started! i say that we start taking these buttwipes to court for harassment! make them pay you for lost work time, court costs, etc. why should i be stuck paying for somthing stupid, i already pay my taxes!
Old Jan 18, 2006, 10:35 PM
Evolved Member

Honestly iam not even gonna get a lawyer, iam expecting to go there, explain what happened, show the judge the ticket, and watch him laugh at the stupid cop.. And i automatically have a court date fo the 27th i think, so just around the corner, should be fun..

Oh and no i was not drifting around the corner.. rofl.. if i was then i dont know if i would even be attempting to fight it lol. I took the turn at probably 15mph max.. and "gunned" it to 30mph rofl.. Sorry but if i gunned it, i woulda beeeeen alot higher then 30mph..
Old Jan 18, 2006, 10:36 PM
Evolved Member

This is what you do. Every county has a special Internal Affairs unit that deals w such cops. Find out the website or phone number and file a formal complaint immediately regarding his unprofessional conduct and use what he has said to the guys coming out of the gym as your main argument.

The Officer can base his stop on his perception of you going faster than "normal" or gunning it but he still needs some kind of proof to show that you were either racing someone or speeding. He cant base the ticket on his perception nor the sound of you gunning your car.

Once you had stated that you werent racing anyone or speeding though, and the Officer could not prove otherwise, the stop should have been concluded. The Officer's actions after discovering that there was no such violation and the fact that he called you an idiotic young driver (you need the witnesses for that one) is what constitutes to the unprofessional and discourteous conduct.

Good luck... If you file the complaint in time he ll probably drop the ticket within a couple of days. Trust me...
Old Jan 18, 2006, 10:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
take it to court , what a joke
Old Jan 18, 2006, 10:42 PM
Evolved Member

Ya when i go to the gym next (prob tomorrow) ill have them write down a statement saying what the cop told them.
And ya iam gonna look into filing a complaint with the officer. I didnt think the officer was allowed to say that anyway..
Old Jan 18, 2006, 11:41 PM
Account Disabled

There is no reason to even live in Arizona it has one of the highest ratios of males to felames in the world....unless you are in to that kind of thing.
Old Jan 18, 2006, 11:48 PM
TEJ
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by vesendak
There is no reason to even live in Arizona it has one of the highest ratios of males to felames in the world....unless you are in to that kind of thing.

Yeah but the weather is nice, its one of the fastest growing areas, its right by cali and vegas, and home to the most expensive place to live in the united states and as for the female thing.........you can bring em in from other places.
Old Jan 18, 2006, 11:51 PM
Evolving Member

thats one rude cop
Old Jan 18, 2006, 11:58 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by cloudy
Scottsdale, off Frank Lloyd Wright.

There is no gym at Scottsdale and Frank Lloyd Wright...
Old Jan 19, 2006, 12:00 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I admire the police work and give them credit when they deserve but I hate with the deepest part of my heart the disproportionality of the police actions in this country. I am a foreigner and I respect the visiting country but let me tell you the police and the regulations sucks big time.

Some of the terminology that the police use for speeding:

Criminal record
Felony
Federal ofense

It is ridiculous, I drive everyday to work(about 8 miles), I live in Tucson and I get to see an average of 10-15 cars everyday one way to work with expired license plates, cracked windshield, no seatbelts and people riding in the back of the pick up trucks, there are a few dozwn of thousands illegals driving everyday in the streets of Tucson, how come I see them and the Police don't .

How come I have to pay full coverage for 4 vehicles and thousands of people get to drive everyday to their legal/illegal jobs with no insurance/registration and get away with that, it get worse, if they hit you then your car is fu$k and still you have to pay for your repairs plus WE have to pay for their medical bills..

The police mentality in this country sucks big time, there is a huge disproportion of your actions vs the amount of trouble and money that you go through if you commit a so called "crime " So much that we brag about freedom and we are one of the most restricted countries as far is police laws.
Old Jan 19, 2006, 12:02 AM
Evolving Member

Actually most cops i've encountered here in Arizona don't seem too bad at all..... compared to some other states
Old Jan 19, 2006, 12:06 AM
Evolving Member

#1 You need to have those people at the gym write the statements and have them notarized if you intend to bring them to court.

#2 If your ticket said "approximately 30 mph" then there is no way anything will happen to you. It is pretty much impossible to tell the difference between 25 and 30 mph when you are in a moving vehicle yourself, and driving. Even the dumbest judge can understand that.
Old Jan 19, 2006, 12:45 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by vesendak

Yeah life's purpose is only women....
Old Jan 19, 2006, 12:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Call your laywer, he'll have you off so fast.

At least, thats what I would do. Had something just like this happen to me and I got off easily.

Quick Reply: Got a "street racing" ticket for "exhibition of speeds"