Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Got a "street racing" ticket for "exhibition of speeds"

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2006, 10:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got a "street racing" ticket for "exhibition of speeds"

Well as i was on my way to the gym tonight, i was heading down a street where I made a left turn (not a light) without coming to a complete stop because A) No on-coming traffic and B) no one was infront of me turning left.. So apparently as i was making a left, that was too fast for the officer, he claimed i happened to "gun" it past him. As i was "gunning" it, he claimed i noticed him and tried to brake quickly and turn into a parking lot. But in reality, i was braking for a right turn, into my Gym area/parking lot.. So i park, turn my car off and was just getting out of my car when i see this cop just fly up and brake hard, then shine his lights on me. Iam like wtf? I didnt even notice a cop till this moment. So i sit back down in my car and wait for Mr. Steve Urkel to come on over. He just ask for my license, registration, and insurance. Give it to him, he doesnt say anything, just walks back to his car, where i still have that ****n bright *** light shining on me... Well minutes go by, and then 2 people that work at the gym come out to find out whats going on. The cop tells them its none of their business and just an "idiotic young driver". (I found this out from when i went to the gym and the guys in there asked what happened.)
So when he finally gets done with all the paperwork, he comes back to me and says, "iam giving you a criminal ticket for street racing, which is a big deal, and i can hand cuff you and take you to jail right now if i wanted." He then starts to talk more out of his *** saying i was street racing and exhibition of speeds. He hands me the ticket, i look at it real quick and first thing i noticed was 30 in a 25... I was just like, are you serious? 1) I wasnt street racing, i was simply going to the gym, and 2) Youre giving me an exhibition of speeds and a criminal ticket for going 30 in a ****ing 25?!!
He said he saw me make a quick left turn, then gun it past him and try to slow down once i noticed him.. I tried to reason with him some more for how stupid and a waste of time this is, all he could say was, "If you do not show up to court, a warrant will be out for your arrest, if you wanna fight this some more, ill see you in court." Then walks off, ahole didnt even say goodbye, ***** ***...

I just love the high-horse cops. But o well, this should be an easy fight.. thats if the cop even shows... Just a ****n waste of time is all it is really.
Old Jan 18, 2006, 10:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Where was this at bro? that is pretty stupid, and similar thing happened to me long time ago(not with the evo). Some AZ cops just need a slap, they get you for the most stupidest things....
Old Jan 18, 2006, 10:08 PM
Evolved Member

Scottsdale, off Frank Lloyd Wright.
Old Jan 18, 2006, 10:08 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
If I were you, I would seriously contest this.
Old Jan 18, 2006, 10:09 PM
Evolved Member

**** the POLICE they all suck, well maybe not all of them just the once we meet, in some neighborhoods these ****** have nothing better to do, they cant go out and catch robbers or murderers or some real criminals just harass drivers, and on top of that theyre about to raise taxes in NJ because NJ is wastefully spending money on such things as donut eaters salaries amongst other crap.

If what you say is true go to court and fight that ****, I know i would
Old Jan 18, 2006, 10:10 PM
Evolved Member

Man I never thought Urkel would do something like that. lol
Old Jan 18, 2006, 10:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Definitely fight it. 30 on a 25,lol, ofcourse he had to come up with some bs to back it up.
Old Jan 18, 2006, 10:11 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Silver05Bullet
**** the POLICE they all suck, well maybe not all of them just the once we meet, in some neighborhoods these ****** have nothing better to do, they cant go out and catch robbers or murderers or some real criminals just harass drivers, and on top of that theyre about to raise taxes in NJ because NJ is wastefully spending money on such things as donut eaters salaries amongst other crap.

If what you say is true go to court and fight that ****, I know i would
All of it is true, and obviously the cop is just a complete tard for even wasting the time to do this, because he wrote down on there "Approx: 30; Posted: 25"
So ya i dont know what this guy was thinking, but who the **** knows..
Ya i was really street racing at 30mph
Oh well though, id rather have this ticket, then one where it was more serious and alot harder to fight.
And no worries, i defffff plan to fight this ****.
Old Jan 18, 2006, 10:13 PM
Evolved Member

It musta been that stupidly oversized wing :P.
Old Jan 18, 2006, 10:19 PM
TEJ
Evolving Member

They are taking speeding way to seriously in Arizona, luckely I haven't gotten pulled over yet but there are cameras and cops everywhere by scottsdale and frankloydwright. Now we have to watch out for speeding cameras on the freeway.
Old Jan 18, 2006, 10:19 PM
Evolved Member

A situation like yours is probably my worst nightmare. The sad part is when people contest tickets, the judge will take the police officer's side in most cases. But, I think the 30 in a 25 part might get you out of it. Did you ask him if he used a radar? I believe it is legal to ask if he used one, and to see the read out.
Old Jan 18, 2006, 10:21 PM
Evolved Member

It would be impossible for him to have used a radar considering we were going opposite directions and he had to make a u-turn ... So no i didnt ask, i should have, but i knew we were obviously going in opposite directions, only way it happened. Plus he admitted "you flew right past me as i was going down the road".
Old Jan 18, 2006, 10:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Oh wow... What a d1ckhead cop.

I wonder if the cop that pulled you over is the same cop that pulled me over 2 years ago for "no registration" in my wife's Saturn Vue. Our car was bought and registered in California. They don't do temp plates there, they stick the registration in the front window. The guy was a real ***** and told us we needed to register the car in Arizona. He claimed that there had been a report of people stealing vehicles from the car dealerships in the area and suspected us. I thought that was funny considering the license plate frame on the car said GALPIN SATURN OF SANTA CLARITA on it. And at the time there was NO Saturn dealer in North Scottsdale. Genius. He had the nerve to tell me he was "doing us a favor by not writing a ticket." The proof of registration was right there in the front window, and I gave him my license and proof of insurance... This happened on Scottsdale Road, just north of FLR btw.
Old Jan 18, 2006, 10:24 PM

dude that sux, Fight that ****!!!
Old Jan 18, 2006, 10:26 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by cloudy
All of it is true, and obviously the cop is just a complete tard for even wasting the time to do this, because he wrote down on there "Approx: 30; Posted: 25"
So ya i dont know what this guy was thinking, but who the **** knows..
Ya i was really street racing at 30mph
Oh well though, id rather have this ticket, then one where it was more serious and alot harder to fight.
And no worries, i defffff plan to fight this ****.
You didnt attempt or even worse, completely drift through that turn did you? One of my friends got pulled in his GLI for that and the cop laughed because it made his night and he told him get out of here and drive safe. It also helped that he has veteran plates on the car.

Quick Reply: Got a "street racing" ticket for "exhibition of speeds"