Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

How will pruven Evo do in SCC USCC?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2003, 01:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
and dan isnt using the fp30 he had robert at forced performance design a crazy turbo for that car.
Old Sep 20, 2003, 06:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by ModenaTwinTurbo
and dan isnt using the fp30 he had robert at forced performance design a crazy turbo for that car.
Yeah - I just found that out - it seemed to me to be a FP30 from looking at the housing - but after speaking with them today it seems they have created some new special trim which was customized just for this event - it has unique wheels and the turbine and compressor housings are different sizes

I think I'll start saving my pennies to order one of these new pruven evo turbo kits

Anyone want to buy a used hks 3037s set up please email me of PM
Old Sep 21, 2003, 06:06 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by maki

i beg to differ, evo wont accel to 191mph and might be a little slower to 150mph, but a viper wont handle near as good as evo.

91octane??? those high compression engines, dont they have to run on premium??
i hear this a lot from porsche people i know. they all say, "viper is just a drag car!!!" what ??? since when was pulling almost 1g just a drag car? i know skid pad is not everything, but what is the base for your claim that viper won't handle? just cuz it's american car??? and i think Viper won or nearly won last years skid pad as well. am i missing something?

oh btw, that was MEAN comment man we ca people have 91 as the PREMIUM gas! did you have to mention our misery like that?
Old Sep 21, 2003, 06:09 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by Shahul X
remember that USCC is a street car contest with other "events" as opposed to just drag racing and dyno numbers... the grandma test, comfort etc.... how streetable is a 900 hp anything?

-Shahul
very true and good point. now, how is 700whp car any different? 700hp at crank maybe... they are equally unstreetable i bet...
Old Sep 21, 2003, 06:21 PM
Evolving Member

hey flat six thats cool as hell man im in ct and if pruven gets 2nd or better i want to go to chillies. hahaha and i get to drive the porsche there. haha
what the? chillies? you mean ca, right? isn't chille(sp?) a different country or something?

oh and i hope you have a good friend in ca w/ porsche turbo, cuz you are NOT driving my car my friend!!! even if pruven conquered the whole world, you are not driving my car however, lunch/dinner is still on, any time you come out to soCal! what will you do for me if they don't place top 2?

and thanks for making this discussion so interesting and clean. you are very cool guy! i will tell you what, on top of buying you lunch/dinner, if pruven places in top 2, i will buy an EVO over viper. i'm deciding between those cars as i speak... so hook me(and the forum) up w/ results when they are in!

ps-i wouldn't tt an Enzo, not even in my dreams. maybe modena. but definitely not enzo...
Old Sep 21, 2003, 06:53 PM
Evolved Member

i believe all automobiles were meant to be turbocharged. heck i'd put a turbo on my self if it were posible.

i know that the enzo is good and damn near almost perfect. and i know that its 600+ or near 600 horses are more than enough. but 1200 or anything over 1000 horses would be just so much more cooler dont u all think guys???

i have already turbocharged T-Shirts.<---thats an inside joke for someone that i know will be reading this thread.

and flat six what will i do for you if i lose. well since i know your deffiniteley not gonna buy me lunch or a beer because you live so far. i guess its ok for me to say that i can give u a free gauge install for your new evo, straight from ModenaTwinTurbo. that i know you will buy even if pruven doesnt place 2nd or higher.
Old Sep 21, 2003, 06:58 PM
Evolved Member

i believe all automobiles were meant to be turbocharged. heck i'd put a turbo on my self if it were posible.

i know that the enzo is good and damn near almost perfect. and i know that its 600+ or near 600 horses are more than enough. but 1200 or anything over 1000 horses would be just so much more cooler dont u all think guys???

i have already turbocharged T-Shirts.<---thats an inside joke for someone that i know will be reading this thread.

and flat six what will i do for you if i lose. well since i know your deffiniteley not gonna buy me lunch or a beer because you live so far. i guess its ok for me to say that i can give u a free gauge install for your new evo, straight from ModenaTwinTurbo. that i know you will buy even if pruven doesnt place 2nd or higher.
Where was your invitation bro ?????

BTW - my email is alfriedesq@aol.com - use that !
Old Sep 21, 2003, 07:14 PM
Evolving Member

hey man, you are right on the money about me buying an EVO. i will probably buy even if pruven places last. man, you are smart. i'm just deciding on which to buy first. feel free to give me some advice. since i already know you are worth listening to, your advice will be seriously taken.

i'm a huge fan of formula one, and as long as they are na, i think enzo should stay na. and i think everyone knows what happened to the tr512 that was turboed to 1200hp, right? well, it ran 12s in quarter, for those that don't know. and no, it didn't hit 200mph at empty airport strip. it came close, but that's it... it's just pitiful. hp != fast/quick. i really don't think ferrari engines are up to it. too much emphasis on lightness. but i think there is nothing wrong w/ modena as it is. no matter how many skylines, mustangs, EVOS, STi's, Vettes, Vipers, Supras, and rx7s can beat it, modena will always be a special car. others are just fast...

ps- you may not come to ca, but i will hold you to your free gauge install. i will drive there just for that!!! and of course to drop my ride at pruven and say, "500whp on 91 please!"
Old Sep 22, 2003, 01:46 PM
Evolved Member

hey man i have nothing but respect for what you said on the enzo beeing a close sibling of the formula one program, and it not needing the added power from turbocharging. but still wouldnt it be cool as hell to be able to say "yup my car 12hundred horses and ohh by the way its an enzo"

and about the debate between the viper and the evo. i would personally chose the evo. but even though the viper doesnt do it for me, i cannot say that i dont like the car because if someone says they like it, then i have to be open about that and take a second and third look at the car.

i can see that you are very familiar with formula one. lets do a very crude and humble comparision to see wich of the two cars resembles an f1 the best.

first off obviously the viper has the v10 so does the new f2003. but the f2003 is 3 liters making 900 horses, this is a power to liter ratio of 300.0:1. the viper is 8 liter making about 500 (if i am not mistaken), the vipers power to liter ratio is 62.5:1. now for the evo it makes 265 i believe that is correct, if it isnt please correct me, now this power to liter ratio is 132.5:1. wow not bad eh.

and the second thing that i want to compare. wich of the two cars competes in the second largest form of automotive motorsports sanctioned by the FIA (rally) it damn shure isnt the viper.

i understand that my comparisions of these cars was just on the motor and the sanctioning bodies under wich they compete but it is a comparision and if any of you guys think that the viper is more of a car than an evo please reply i would love to hear that opinion.
Old Sep 22, 2003, 03:38 PM
SOF
Evolving Member

Are you the same loser that was on DSMTalk who pretended to have all these nice cars until someone found out the truth?
Old Sep 22, 2003, 08:32 PM
Evolved Member

hahaha yea sof that would be me. exept i never pretended anything and i like to think of my self as something a bit higher than a loser. but yea i kno what you are talking about and yes i am the same person.

and just so that all your curiousity is squashed. the cars listed on my signature are not reall. well they might be reall but they are most deffiniteley not mine. it is all just a joke and a fantasy. i hope your feelings are all back together now.
Old Sep 22, 2003, 09:04 PM
Evolved Member

I think 99.999999 % of viper owners are insecure tools with small dicks - and most of them can't drive

I ran an auto X against the viper club in my WRX and I beat them all bad except one which was on hooisers

I recently blew a modified viper away from a roll on the highway with my evo

The viper is built for the tool who wants to SCREAM at the world - "LOOK AT ME-- I'm a big shot" The evo is for the dude who just wants to go real fast and dont care what people think

Comparing a ferrari to a viper is insane. There is no comparison
Old Sep 22, 2003, 09:25 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by Alfriedesq
I think 99.999999 % of viper owners are insecure tools with small dicks - and most of them can't drive

I ran an auto X against the viper club in my WRX and I beat them all bad except one which was on hooisers

I recently blew a modified viper away from a roll on the highway with my evo

The viper is built for the tool who wants to SCREAM at the world - "LOOK AT ME-- I'm a big shot" The evo is for the dude who just wants to go real fast and dont care what people think

Comparing a ferrari to a viper is insane. There is no comparison
A lot of us could say the same thing about you Al.
Old Sep 22, 2003, 09:41 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by tom@kartboy

A lot of us could say the same thing about you Al.
well I may be an in secure tool - BUT - the other things dont apply to me

NONE of you all have beat me on the highway from a roll

Not too many have beat me at an auto x

And I sure aint driving an evo to show off to my fellow motorists
Old Sep 23, 2003, 03:39 AM
Evolving Member

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Alfriedesq
well I may be an in secure tool - BUT - the other things dont apply to me

NONE of you all have beat me on the highway from a roll

Not too many have beat me at an auto x

And I sure aint driving an evo to show off to my fellow motorists
[/QUOTE

if every viper owner you met were insecure, that does not mean it's 99.9% for the argument, i've only met cool viper owners. so then, it at least makes 50% of all viper owners insecure(namely ones you met) and the other 50% cool(ones i met).

you are also incorrect about viper owners wanting to showoff. if w/ go w/ your own rules, you are a serious showoff yourself. Modified mag mentioned that you owned NSXs and SL600. is that showing off, just cuz your nsx and sl600 is slower than your own EVO?

you make it sound like no one should buy a nice car, or they are showing off. well, i like the way ferrari's look, and if i ever get one, it would be to please myself, and not others. but then, you'd call me a showoff in a slow car wouldn't you?

a car doesn't automatically make anyone a showoff. a person that talks about his/her car in an arrogant way is what showoff really is.