Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Do Evos come with a magnetic oil drain plug?

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2009, 01:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Originally Posted by porsherules911
mobil 1 filters for our car is m110.
thanks for the info Justin, is that what you use?
Old May 14, 2009, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by Xearo
Whats our blocks made of?
Iron.

Regardless if the pistons and head are made of aluminum, I'd expect the metal from the rings and bearings to be magnetic, as well as the block, oil pump and whatever else you can think of that's steel/iron, moving and covered in oil.

Anyone have an idea where to get a magnetic drain plug, or are we stuck with adhering a magnet to the one we have?
Old May 14, 2009, 07:25 PM
Evolving Member

i got mine from sp engineering at their garage sale. give them a ring.
Old May 15, 2009, 03:36 PM
Evolved Member

autozone FTW
Old May 15, 2009, 04:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ooh no wonder we are so heavy!! but at least we are less fragile than an aluminum block.

What about Evo X?
the evo x's motor is all-aluminum
Old May 16, 2009, 05:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 144 Likes on 128 Posts
ooh no wonder we are so heavy!! but at least we are less fragile than an aluminum block.

What about Evo X?
All aluminum and even heavier.
Old May 16, 2009, 05:30 PM
Evolving Member

yeah weird.

Screw the magnetic plug lol. I found a little mom and pop store run by some tiny old people that talk funny in the industrial district in down town portland. I stopped by and they showed me a magnet that was so powerful, you could crush a persons body with it. I was like uhhhh nah not that big. So she showed me a glass case with all diferent size neodymium magnets. I got a nice one that about the size of a quarter but the thickness of 3 or 4 quarters. That sucker is strong! I pit in right next to the drain plug but on the oild pan. Only thing about those magnetic plugs, do u guys have trouble trying to get the metal particles off the threads when u putt it back in? I figured this way, i can just drop the oil pan 1ce a year and pull off the magnet, and then wipe up the particles from the bottom of the pan with a paper towel. And the magnet cost me 3.50.
Oh and i got some new refridgerator magnets too =)
I put this huge neodymium magnet against my arm and i swear to god it gives u the weirdest feeling inside. I really wonder of the iron in your body is getting pulled or sometihng. It seriously gave a weird feeling!! They say that **** is suposed to help heal injuries lol.

Wow that thread went off on a strange tangent!
Old May 17, 2009, 02:20 AM
Evolved Member

is this guy serious.
Old May 19, 2009, 09:04 PM
Evolved Member

yeah weird.

Screw the magnetic plug lol. I found a little mom and pop store run by some tiny old people that talk funny in the industrial district in down town portland. I stopped by and they showed me a magnet that was so powerful, you could crush a persons body with it. I was like uhhhh nah not that big. So she showed me a glass case with all diferent size neodymium magnets. I got a nice one that about the size of a quarter but the thickness of 3 or 4 quarters. That sucker is strong! I pit in right next to the drain plug but on the oild pan. Only thing about those magnetic plugs, do u guys have trouble trying to get the metal particles off the threads when u putt it back in? I figured this way, i can just drop the oil pan 1ce a year and pull off the magnet, and then wipe up the particles from the bottom of the pan with a paper towel. And the magnet cost me 3.50.
Oh and i got some new refridgerator magnets too =)
I put this huge neodymium magnet against my arm and i swear to god it gives u the weirdest feeling inside. I really wonder of the iron in your body is getting pulled or sometihng. It seriously gave a weird feeling!! They say that **** is suposed to help heal injuries lol.

Wow that thread went off on a strange tangent!

not a good idea.....big rush of oil particles all at once go all over the engine. Ill stick with my little particles that don't cause any problems. Just my opinion.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 01:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
I was thinking of getting three of these for the oil center and rear diff. I read the the diff already have magnetic plugs but these seem to be strong.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Magnetic-Oil...1e0552&vxp=mtr

Going to be changing these out soon so I wanted to know what everyone thinks of these