Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Should I put my modded evo back to stock to sell it?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2012, 09:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
like the info here, I had the same mentality when i sold my msm, now i'm looking to pick up an evo 8
Old Mar 11, 2012, 11:55 PM

good info, thanks for the thread!
Old Mar 13, 2012, 08:11 PM

If I wanna upgrade the MAF sensor for reliability sake, can I change the maf from an evo 7-9? do they work on evo IV(4's).
Old Mar 21, 2012, 01:04 PM

+1 Good info. This question is always a hard one. It depends on how modded the car is and what kinda car. I personally go through a lot of different cars and its the same question when you go to buy/sell one. A lot of people look at a modded car and think, "oh man, this thing is gonna be ragged out!" ..which is a good point. Most ppl that mod their cars, especially these kind of cars, race them. So it comes down to a lot of different things like, what car, what mods, what brands, mileage, ect... As far as going "back to stock or not" for the sale of a car, that's up to you. The frustrating thing about selling your modded car, is that you wont get your money back...that's something that you just have to except. You might be thinking that you can sell your car "stock" and then sell your aftermarket parts and get more money. Sometimes this is true, but its a pain, and again up to you. If you're selling, I would say try to sell it for as much as you think you can get! If buying a modded car, I would say look at what has been modified and trust your "little voice".
Old Apr 15, 2012, 02:46 PM

99% of the time you're never going to get the money back out that you put into a modded vehicle, that's just the way it is. Cars like these are our hobbies and we pay to enjoy them. I'd rather buy a lightly modded Evo from someone who did the mods the right way than buy a "stock" one and later find signs that it was previously modified and I wasn't told about it.
Old Apr 19, 2012, 01:12 PM
Evolving Member

Good post! Pretty much what I've noticed.. cars that are tastefully and professionally modded have much lower losses (if any) than your typical weekend project mods.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 04:27 AM
Evolving Member

Location: Driving ten under in the passing lane, right turn signal on at all times.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I love modifying cars, but I am always nervous about buying other peoples' modifications.

If they have my mad mechanical skills, then they must really suck.
Old Apr 23, 2012, 08:14 AM

Agree will work either way. Depends on what the buyer's looking for. If you go back to stock, just make sure you're upfront about it.
Old May 7, 2012, 10:08 AM

There's a lot of great information in this thread, what do you all think about aftermarket wheels?

I'm planning on selling my IX soon and am debating as to whether or not I should sell the car with my Work CR-Kai's on it, or to put the stock IX wheels back on and sell the Works separately. Any insights?
Old May 7, 2012, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by bryan0
There's a lot of great information in this thread, what do you all think about aftermarket wheels?

I'm planning on selling my IX soon and am debating as to whether or not I should sell the car with my Work CR-Kai's on it, or to put the stock IX wheels back on and sell the Works separately. Any insights?
If you still have your stock wheels then put those back on for the sale and sell your Work wheels separately. You'll definitely come out ahead that way.
Old May 7, 2012, 06:41 PM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by bryan0

Put the stock wheels back and sell the works separately!
Old May 11, 2012, 12:33 PM

I am learning people will not pay for a modded car..better off parting out imo
Old Jun 1, 2012, 08:38 AM

Nice write up. im selling mine now and was wondering if i should take it back to
stock.
Old Jun 16, 2012, 11:23 PM

appreciate the info
Old Jun 16, 2012, 11:30 PM
Evolved Member

Number ten, because rally car.

Quick Reply: Should I put my modded evo back to stock to sell it?