Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

High Mileage Evo Club

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2013, 12:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
03 TB VIII here.. I'm a tad over 210k .. car runs nice, bought it almost a year ago with 198k it has a few bolt ons nothing too big, large fmic, 3" tbe re-tuned when I bought it by local tuner, made 313hp.. wish I had more background info on it but I drive it daily and hit 7K+ rpms daily. I know it has a cheap clutch probably, I peeked into inspection hole and saw a cheap blue looking pressure plate.. it's supposedly a stage 3, feels like **** on take offs, rough and what not.. but once rpms go up doesn't seem to be slipping yet.. I think it may have a larger FP, its loud, but I'm too lazy to peek and check, doesn't really smoke unless I'm really heavy footing it.. catch can hasn't filled in almost year that I've owned it.. change oil every 3-4k so far and oil looks good, not too low, I LOVE IT!.. just shows it's age in cosmetic stuff.. like scratches and dents, TB doesn't help I've been wanting to go bigger on power, but I like it where it's at for now lol. I think I'll save up sometime and pick up a beater and strip this one down and replace all worn parts over a few years and get a new/rebuild engine in it, paint it and enjoy it or sell it and buy a IX .. anyways, I love it and just thought I'd share my experience hope it keeps going strong

sorry don't know how to make image smaller :E
Old Dec 31, 2013, 04:05 AM

120,000 and still building

Just hit 120,000 in mine, about to do my timing belt and regular maintenance, and some cams and a turbo too....
Old Dec 31, 2013, 09:00 AM
Evolved Member

I have a 2006 IX SSL with 111k on it that I bought brand new back in 06' with 4 miles on it lol. Still running very strong. Just rebuilt the turbo with a 20g extended tip billet compressor wheel. I'm about to have cosworth m3's installed with new zero tick lifters and new springs and retainers. The only thing I don't like on the car is actually a new part I just installed. I got the FIC 1100 high z injectors and they work great but Omg they're SO loud I thought it was rod knock. I had strictly modified take a look at it and they said no rod knock it was the injectors pulsing. These things are so loud its totally ridiculous. Lol
Old Dec 31, 2013, 05:25 PM

nice to read about high mileage evos!
Old Jan 1, 2014, 08:06 PM

Bought my X back Aug 2012 with 50k miles got it up to 91k miles this past Aug. Sold it I'm Oct with 92k miles.
Old Jan 2, 2014, 01:03 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Bigclur
03 TB VIII here.. I'm a tad over 210k .. car runs nice, bought it almost a year ago with 198k it has a few bolt ons nothing too big, large fmic, 3" tbe re-tuned when I bought it by local tuner, made 313hp.. wish I had more background info on it but I drive it daily and hit 7K+ rpms daily. I know it has a cheap clutch probably, I peeked into inspection hole and saw a cheap blue looking pressure plate.. it's supposedly a stage 3, feels like **** on take offs, rough and what not.. but once rpms go up doesn't seem to be slipping yet.. I think it may have a larger FP, its loud, but I'm too lazy to peek and check, doesn't really smoke unless I'm really heavy footing it.. catch can hasn't filled in almost year that I've owned it.. change oil every 3-4k so far and oil looks good, not too low, I LOVE IT!.. just shows it's age in cosmetic stuff.. like scratches and dents, TB doesn't help I've been wanting to go bigger on power, but I like it where it's at for now lol. I think I'll save up sometime and pick up a beater and strip this one down and replace all worn parts over a few years and get a new/rebuild engine in it, paint it and enjoy it or sell it and buy a IX .. anyways, I love it and just thought I'd share my experience hope it keeps going strong

Who cares. This car looks f@#king sick m8. Love it. Stuff the mileage
Old Feb 12, 2014, 08:00 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Damn! This car looks cleaner than mine and im only at 89,500!! Very Impressive
Old Feb 13, 2014, 10:55 AM

119k stock everything. No problems here 06 Evo MR
Old Feb 13, 2014, 11:26 AM
Evolving Member

112k on my 2005 RR GSR, bought it 2 years ago with 99k.
runs amazing, and wouldn't hesitate to drive it anywhere.
-bolt ons
Old Feb 16, 2014, 05:45 AM

nice
Old Mar 16, 2014, 01:34 AM
Evolving Member

Just rolled 90,000 miles tonight. Pretty easy on it for the most part but there are those weekend days where i do my fair share amount of pulls. Trapped 120 mph in the 1/4 mile a few weeks back. Bolt ons and E85
Old Mar 16, 2014, 08:46 AM

Damn im at 165k, and absolutely love the car, the previous owner was in his 50s, so the car was babied all those miles,I also wouldn't hesitate to drive state to state
Old Mar 16, 2014, 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by nightwalker
225,000 miles now on original motor. Got everything sorted the way I want it. Been running mid 11's on 9 turbo and 91 octane for over a year now. 9 turbo has 110k miles on it. On the same ACT MB7HDSS I installed at 120k miles. I figured at this point there ain't much to lose so I've been launching it just about every other day. The car sees 7500rpm four or five times daily. (Keeps my commute interesting)

Stock block through out. Stock headgasket, stock head bolts, blah blah blah. About to do my FOURTH timing belt in less another 15,000 miles.
Stock trannsmission, transfercase, and rear diff (with rearranged plates)

We'll see if I hit 300,000 with it intact the way it is.
Why so many belts?
Old Mar 16, 2014, 09:27 AM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 813 Likes on 678 Posts
123k miles. rebuilding engine due to slight low compression in one cylinder from previous owner (worn rings). original 6spd is holding up fine (never launched or drag raced). on the second clutch that i know of (bought car with OEM clutch that was dead.. not sure if original). some squeaks and rattles in the interior.. but it's plastic, which wears, soo...

so far, so good. solid car. i beat on it regularly and it has yet to complain.
Old Mar 16, 2014, 10:02 PM
Evolving Member

What oil do you all use? I just switched to the Valvoline VR1 20w-50 racing oil (grey bottle). After a few drag passes and doing some pulls on the weekends and 1300 miles later it is still clean.

Quick Reply: High Mileage Evo Club