Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

60k OEM timing belt kit

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2012, 05:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Here's the copy/paste from the Evo IX factory manual I just DLd from evoscan.com:

6 Timing belt Replace | 60K X *1 | 105K X *2 | 120K X *4

*1: For California, Massachusetts, Vermont and Maine, this maintenance is recommended but not required to maintain the emissions warranty.

*2: This maintenance is not required if previously replaced.

*3: This maintenance is recommended but is not required to maintain the emissions warranty.

I live in VA so it looks like timing belt replacement schedule is 105K for me.

Filename = GR00000100-00.pdf

found here: http://www.evoscan.com/manuals/Evo9.zip
Old Jan 14, 2012, 06:27 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by njboy
I think it's worth it to replace the idlers and tensioner for a few hundred more. The only problem is that one of the idlers requires that you remove the power steering pump which is a bit of a PITA.
That is the exact one that I ended up replacing a month later because I neglected doing it while I was changing the timing belt. Might as well do it while you have everything torn apart anyway. It's not that much of a PITA. Having the manifold shield off will help out quite a bit.
Old Jan 14, 2012, 08:10 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by VIIIdriver
And i respect anybody's choice or opinion to buy anything they want for whatever reason they want,but for whatever reason it's hard for people to respect a different opinion other than their own,i sense a double standard here!
Working on cars isnt about being opinionated but more about facts/how things work/what needs to be replaced at a certain mileage.
Old Jan 15, 2012, 08:36 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by turbotaloon95
Im in the same boat. I just ordered a full OEM kit from Ignition Ready. They are a new place based out of Long Island. They gave me a crazy good deal and helped me get the right parts because my evo has a 9 block and 8 head. Talk to Chris, he knows what hes doing!
Thanks Jeff, glad we could help get you what you need.

If anyone else is looking for the complete kit with all OEM components, support a reputable vendor and give STM or myself a call. None of us want to see a damaged Evo motor due to neglected maintenance or poor quality non-OEM parts being used. These are high performance cars, and peace of mind has its own value.
Old Jan 15, 2012, 09:15 AM
Evolved Member

Im in need of a kit,
2006 evo MR all belts pumps etc,
im at 70k miles
pm me shipped to NJ 08755
how far are you from seaside do you guys do this service

Originally Posted by Ignition Ready
Thanks Jeff, glad we could help get you what you need.

If anyone else is looking for the complete kit with all OEM components, support a reputable vendor and give STM or myself a call. None of us want to see a damaged Evo motor due to neglected maintenance or poor quality non-OEM parts being used. These are high performance cars, and peace of mind has its own value.
Old Jan 15, 2012, 09:57 AM
Former Sponsor

PM sent.

If anyone else has an inquiry, just shoot me a PM. This isn't the classifieds so we don't want to gum up his thread. Thanks!
Old Jan 15, 2012, 11:50 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by VIIIdriver
Yes sir,i have all of those,and in none of them i have found where it says that you have to replace every single pulley and tensioner on the engine,being a factory trained technician i have access to most of Mitsu's factory documents and i have never seen such documentation from Mitsubishi,i'm curious now,can you please send me the link or a pic of the page where this is at ? don't mean no disrespect i really want to see this,unlike other people i'm well aware i don't know it all and i'm ready to learn something new any time.Thanks in advance
No biggy, I would just rather do it now instead of potentially running into problems later. Plus, since my first EVO was a total mess I want to do this one right down to the smallest detail, I'm sure several others feel the same way, especially those that drive their cars pretty hard on a daily basis (not necessarily me ).