Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

MR coming in '05

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2004, 10:45 AM
In Timeout

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If the MR comes out I will have 2 evo's
Old Jan 27, 2004, 10:46 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by CXspeed

Very good argument, cept for these 3 IMHO. I really think the diffs will make a significant different.

The color you are right about (each to his own) but i love the grey color!

And out of curiosity when did you drive the six speed? I have only really driven five speeds and have heard that six speeds are just more shifting, but I kinda like the idea. Again good points. The only one i think you are wrong about is the diffs...
i will be more than happy to:

1) i love the gray color but i also love my tarmac car just the same.

2) i have driven the EVO in europe (JDM spec) with the 6spd. i didn't like the ratios of the 6spd and the extra shiftings.

3) i have driven an ACD AND AYC equipped evos and i am telling you that you will NOT notice that much of a difference UNLESS you are driving on the track 10/10

Last edited by blonde; Jan 27, 2004 at 10:53 AM.
Old Jan 27, 2004, 10:55 AM
Evolved Member

Does anyone have proof of this, main reason the mr,gsr and all the jdm design models didnt come before was due to emissions. Something about the ayc and acd units took up much to much space for all the us B.S. emissions. I was checking out the mag. and didnt see an article on it which month did you see it in ,cause I would like to know and start saving my nickels and dimes
Old Jan 27, 2004, 10:56 AM
Evolved Member

i would also like to know. i know that the ACD pump is sitting where the emissions stuff is sitting in the EVO 8 USDM so i would like to know how they got around it.
Old Jan 27, 2004, 10:58 AM

Look Guy's I'm trying to decide. If I should wait for the MR because my plans are to buy my EVO in April. Now if this is 10 grand more because of diff,OZ Wheels, Smoke gray,6spd & Suspension. Do you think it's worth the extra money?????
Old Jan 27, 2004, 10:58 AM
Evolved Member

Im kind of suprised that they are coming out with an MR in 05'. Instead I thought that they would come out with the evo 9 by then.
Old Jan 27, 2004, 11:10 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by blonde

3) i have driven an ACD AND AYC equipped evos and i am telling you that you will NOT notice that much of a difference UNLESS you are driving on the track 10/10
Good point, I didn't really think of it in a track vs road perspective. The US Spec EVO 8 will be more than what I need it to be anyways. So there really is no point for me to get the MR. I probably won't be able to wait for the mr anyways. Now I just have to figure out what color I want come may (Blue or Black)...

and blonde, this is for you shootin me down

Good Stuff!

CX
Old Jan 27, 2004, 11:31 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Hpower
Look Guy's I'm trying to decide. If I should wait for the MR because my plans are to buy my EVO in April. Now if this is 10 grand more because of diff,OZ Wheels, Smoke gray,6spd & Suspension. Do you think it's worth the extra money?????

hell no, you probably wouldn't notice the difference between regular evo and the MR version if you test drive both
Old Jan 27, 2004, 11:33 AM
Account Disabled

dealers are going to mark that crap up like its no tomarrow
Old Jan 27, 2004, 11:37 AM
Evolved Member

I will just keep enjoying all the time in my Evo 8 while others drive lesser cars and wait for the MR
Old Jan 27, 2004, 11:42 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Hpower
I wouldnt start holding your breathe. I havent seen any proof to hold this claim valid. Maybe a link or a scan of the mag would help alot.
Old Jan 27, 2004, 11:47 AM
Evolving Member

Keepin up with the Joneses. I remember way back in college when I had an integra. There was a blurb about the next integra (gs-r) being awd. never happened. Little blurbs.. are just little blurbs. Not saying it won't.. just dont keep your fingers crossed. You get to a point when you realize you should just enjoy what you got. If you have the financial means, enjoy what comes later too. But yeah, that post about my evo8 is better than the MR. not. They wouldnt be releasing something for more cost in lower numbers if it was worse. Bad marketing. Speaking of marketing, those that say I wish they would have sold that right away... see if they did that, you wouldnt have spent all the money on yours. And of course these evo 8s are probably a bit of a test as well. But they ARE nice cars. There are nicer cars. If I had waited for the next best thing, I would never have bought a Home Theater or computer or digital camera or this or that. There's always something better around the corner. First you gotta get there to find out what it is.
Old Jan 27, 2004, 12:04 PM
Evolved Member

Re: MR coming in '05

Originally posted by atlvalet
Just read in Popular mechanics that the MR is coming here next year, with active differentials and all. THought that was pretty cool.
yuk... active diffs.... that's one of the main reasons I traded my STI for an EVO....
Old Jan 27, 2004, 12:17 PM
Evolving Member

chrisw, do you use your evo as a daily driver or just for fun? and did you use your sti for the same thing?
Old Jan 27, 2004, 12:18 PM
Evolving Member

oh yeah and remember what happened to the 3000gt vr-4. Had all those sensors and accelerometers and moving spoilers front and rear. I had a friend who owned one. Those things broke every year and each spoiler was like $800 to fix. So they slowly decontented the 3000gt due to mechanical reliablility as well as to keep costs down. I'd prefer they kept the Evo simple and keep selling it vs having it really complex and then 2 years later no more. Just incrementally add hp would be fine with me. can keep their active this and active that. I dont want an active wallet.