Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

MR coming in '05

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2004, 12:25 PM
choad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Attached Thumbnails MR coming in '05-image.jpg  
Old Jan 28, 2004, 12:33 PM
Evolved Member

i hear what you are saying, but you are confusing tweaks with new tech. i would highly doubt that mitsu has opened up the block and made internal changes the piston and rod designes buti if they did than i stand corrected. also, out of all the tweaks you mentioned, i don't see anything new that you can't do very easy.

cams and mid range = hks 264 or 272

tweaks to the turbocharger = easily done with a new manifold or even porting of the turbo.

mid range power and available power= any piggy back or reflash.

the only thing that kills me is that they used to aluminum on the roof to cut weight and at the same time they packed it with options. if i cared about lightweight so much i would go with the RS anyday of the week.

look, i do think the car is cool and it is probably a blast to drive. however, i don't agree with what alex alex said in the first page about evo8 owner trying to make themselves feel better about their cars. i love my EVO, i think that with very little money you can make is an amazing car.

i just don't think that the MR and the regular EVO are 2 differenet cars..
Old Jan 28, 2004, 12:49 PM
choad

I agree..

I look at the "MR" as a new and improved EVO 8...

That we ain't going to get here anytime soon..

Oh well..

Thank goodness we have an EVO in the first place!!
Old Jan 30, 2004, 03:19 PM
Evolved Member

Woah, dont you guys think it is an exciting time to be a car enthusiast? Corvette is on teh process of releasing the c6 and soon the z06. Nissan is bringing over the GTR, and Ford is redeveloping their line of mustangs. Ford is also considering putting the Shelby cobra concept into production soon. 05 Mustang GT is making 300hp and 300trq. 1/4 mile is mid 13s. I dont even want to know how fast the z06 is going to be. I'm afraid to know. The c6 runs 1/4 mile in 12.5. If suburu decides to bring over the STI Spec C, then we evo owners are going to have our asses handed to us. The Spec C is badass. It's almost 400 pounds lighter than the STI, and about 30 more hp and trq. Dont quote me on that please. It was able to out handle the FQ300. I'm really looking forward for the Spec C arrival. Hopefully supra will bring back the legendary TT supra. That would be nice to the mix. Well, with all said and done, we'll see what future reveals. Peace...!!!!
Old Jan 30, 2004, 03:20 PM
choad

I am excited about seeing these new domestics arrive..

But I am MORE excited about the imports..
Old Jan 30, 2004, 04:02 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by whiterexman

Ditto

I would like to know too....
Let's just say an inside source...
Attached Images  
Old Jan 30, 2004, 04:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ah this rubbish is prob as true as my Nissan dealer telling me they are getting R34's in 6 months and will include a full Nissan warranty... I laughed in his face and told him i'll be here with cash in hand if they got one...