Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Totalled my evo 8 rs, what next?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2012, 06:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 138 Likes on 114 Posts
Totalled my evo 8 rs, what next?

///

Last edited by RallySport9; Aug 11, 2019 at 10:39 PM.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 07:16 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
35k on an 04. Sorry about your loss man. I guess the next part is the other stages of loss. Depression, acceptance and all that.

Get what you can out of it and start over if you want to stay in the Evo game.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 07:23 AM

damn man...sorry to hear....If you don't mind being asked, why didn't insurance want to cover the loss?
Old Sep 21, 2012, 07:25 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Shortbus115
35k on an 04. Sorry about your loss man. I guess the next part is the other stages of loss. Depression, acceptance and all that.

Get what you can out of it and start over if you want to stay in the Evo game.
i would love to stay in the evo game but right now it just seems so far away..an x would be my next choice since i dont think i can bare to have another 8/9. im just going to bite the bullet, grab what i can as is and start over very depressing time for me, but the way the car looks im surprised i made it out with only a bloody nose.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 07:25 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^ guessing from no front crash bar
Old Sep 21, 2012, 07:26 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by GhostAWD
damn man...sorry to hear....If you don't mind being asked, why didn't insurance want to cover the loss?
no crash bar not properly safetied or some bull****, also it was on temp coverage which is not much.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 07:33 AM
Evolved Member

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts
Sorry to hear about your loss...That hurts, especially with such low mileage. I look forward to seeing 'before' and after photos. I also wish you luck on getting another Evo and being back in this community. I wish you luck in your 'recovery'...
Old Sep 21, 2012, 07:38 AM
Evolving Member

Sounds like bull to me, it should not matter about your crash support, that didn't cause the wreck, I would seek some legal advice on that one. I'm not from canada but I don't think an insurance company could do that hear in the US. I know they would try but threatening to sue would change there minds. You paid for the insurance, unless your policy says its void because of that exact reason they have to cover you. Also take some pics, just because its smashed to tye radiator doesn't mean you cant fix it.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 07:46 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by gotpsi?
Sounds like bull to me, it should not matter about your crash support, that didn't cause the wreck, I would seek some legal advice on that one. I'm not from canada but I don't think an insurance company could do that hear in the US. I know they would try but threatening to sue would change there minds. You paid for the insurance, unless your policy says its void because of that exact reason they have to cover you. Also take some pics, just because its smashed to tye radiator doesn't mean you cant fix it.
well, im on my way to the salvage yard to take pics today so hopefully up soon, this is what it look like before and it really is bad in the passenger side fender too, the doors dont really look aligned anymore which tells me not repairable..i have a lawyer but its gona cost money fighting the insurance company..money i dont have right now.

Last edited by RallySport9; Sep 25, 2012 at 09:13 AM.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 08:03 AM
Evolved Member

and i just wana put it out there people, dont take your crash bar off to save that extra 24 pounds, it isnt worth it but honestly idk how much of a difference it would have made anyway but im sure it would have helped..will post after pic later this afternoon, any assumptions on what its worth from the info i gave thus far anyone?
Old Sep 21, 2012, 10:12 AM
Evolving Member

It's the red curse man. Had an ordeal close to that. Best wishes man! Stay with it.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by gotpsi?
There arguement is going to be that the car most likely would not have been as damage if the crash beam had remained in place. By the Owner removing factory safety equipment, it caused further damage to the car than if the crash beam would have stayed. Its the reason I won't modify or remove my rear crash beam for a JDM Rear, other drivers are idiots and I'm not going to take the risk of betting that every driver behind me is not texting.

Sorry for your loss OP, I got a Rally Red 8 myself. The loss hurts, but once you get knocked down, hop back on and go bigger. I had an X before I got my 8, and I prefer the 8 hands down to the X. Willl only get an X when 8s and 9s become really hard to get.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 10:36 AM
Evolved Member

^ thanks guys Its a very sad time going through this but im coming to accept the fact that its a goner, if i dont get enough cash selling it as a parts car il just end up keeping it, saving 10k for a clean roller and drop all my parts into it, then sell the chassis as scrap...i know the chances of coming across an rs shell is slim to none so in reality I may just save up, get an X and move on if i cant find a clean 8.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 10:41 AM
Evolving Member

find someone who had the backend of their evo smashed in and buy parts off of that (including the airbags)
Old Sep 21, 2012, 12:29 PM
Evolving Member

Dam sorry man! I would be depressed. Anyway how much would u like for the trunk?? Lmk thanka and sorry again

Quick Reply: Totalled my evo 8 rs, what next?