Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Someone help please. Open/unconnected hard line.

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2014, 10:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Someone help please. Open/unconnected hard line.

I've been bashing my head on my desk for hours trying with research on what this could be. After failing at that, I've decided to bring it to you...

I was under the car, checking the EVAP system today (damn emissions time), and noticed something particularly interesting near the in line fuel filter for my Buschur Double Pumper...A hard line, left open and uncapped. My curiosity strikes me because I can't for the life of me, figure out where the hell the line comes from or leads to. I'd imagine any line has a purpose, and I'm highly doubtful it's intended to be left uncapped or unconnected. Car runs fine (minus the P0442 code), and nothing leaks from that line. Just super stumped right now. Can anybody tell me what the line is/was for, and where it should lead?

If I did this right, the pictures should be attached somewhere in here...
Attached Thumbnails Someone help please. Open/unconnected hard line.-img_6969.jpg   Someone help please. Open/unconnected hard line.-img_6972.jpg  
Old Sep 1, 2014, 10:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Im not sure how double pumpers are setup, but if I had to guess, it looks like the hard line going to the one side of the fuel filter used to connect to the currently unused line. For whatever reason, the inline fuel filter is routed differently than the oem setup so now that line isnt being used.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 10:38 PM

TommiM - I initially had the same thought. After searching for (and finding very few) pictures of other set BRDP setups, it either appears nonexistent or still connected...Depending on the photo.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 10:53 PM

Based on you having a P0442, I'm gonna say it goes to or comes from the fuel tank somewhere. If there are no other disconnected lines it could go to, cap it off with something air-tight and clear your P0442 code. Does your car have a small vent line to the filler neck? It may go there.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by i8acobra
Based on you having a P0442, I'm gonna say it goes to or comes from the fuel tank somewhere. If there are no other disconnected lines it could go to, cap it off with something air-tight and clear your P0442 code. Does your car have a small vent line to the filler neck? It may go there.
Not sure about the line going to the filler neck. I'll check when there is light in the morning. Could be why my car smells like a poorly maintained weed-wacker lol.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 11:44 PM
Evolved Member

Looks like prior owner removed emissions equipment charcoal canister and lines.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 05:05 AM

Originally Posted by Anarchy99
Looks like prior owner removed emissions equipment charcoal canister and lines.
I am the only owner of the car. All emissions equipment is in it's proper place, and has not been touched, as far as I can see. The canister and all factory lines are still in in place (at least at the rear of the vehicle.)

Last edited by Imports14life; Sep 2, 2014 at 05:22 AM.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 11:38 PM

See item #1 in this image? Does that look like your tube? If so, it should connect to the canister with a small hose. If not, find someone in your area with a smoke machine. This will allow them to find your evap leak (the P0442).

Someone help please. Open/unconnected hard line.-ngpdivf.jpg