Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

need help please evo won't start aem v1 😡

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2016, 06:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
need help please evo won't start aem v1 😡

hello my name is Brian. i have an evo 8 with aem v1. I drove the evo for 3 days in a row. fri,sat and sunday. i let it sit for 3 days and it has a mini battery so i had to jump started. it started and died within 3 to 5 seconds, try it again and same thing. then i try to give it gas and it will just turn off. i tried it again and now the car cranks and cranks. i have good fuel pressure (gauge says 60). i check for spark and no spark at all. i check all the fuses and nothing is blown. please delete if thread not allowed, im just frustrated i been babying her and she wasn't making any noises at all but now wont start now. thank you for your help. i have search everywhere and could not come up with anything
Old Jul 8, 2016, 05:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Hook it up to a laptop and check for STATSYNC. If it does not sync you might have a bad cam/crank sensor. If you cannot connect at all, eeprom could have loosened up, might need to reseat it. AEM no longer supports the series 1 units so if it is a computer problem it could be special to get it resolved.

Try to unplug the ECU and plug it back in. Also check all the relays to make sure they are working.
Old Jul 8, 2016, 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by TheBoz
Hook it up to a laptop and check for STATSYNC. If it does not sync you might have a bad cam/crank sensor. If you cannot connect at all, eeprom could have loosened up, might need to reseat it. AEM no longer supports the series 1 units so if it is a computer problem it could be special to get it resolved.

Try to unplug the ECU and plug it back in. Also check all the relays to make sure they are working.

ok i appreciate it. i dont have a laptop but ill see what i can do. thank you
Old Jul 9, 2016, 07:46 PM

update: it was the aem v1 ecu. burned out
Old Jul 10, 2016, 09:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Same thing happened to mine. before i sent it out to AEM and they fixed it for like 75$, but they now longer support them : (
Old Jul 10, 2016, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by jduksrx7
Same thing happened to mine. before i sent it out to AEM and they fixed it for like 75$, but they now longer support them : (

wow 75 is a great deal. yea your right, it sucks they dont support them no more